• Published 28th Apr 2014
  • 19,612 Views, 472 Comments

I am NOT a Pony - Synthetic Soul



I had a perfectly decent life, until these ponies abducted me. Now this Luna lady is saying she's my birth mother.

  • ...
100
 472
 19,612

Chapter 6

The group sprinted towards Ponyville hospital, with the young colt in tow. Many ponies bowed down to the rushing royals, only for them to be ignored by the group. They reached the hospital, to find the waiting room nearly empty, except for the nurse sitting behind the desk. The nurse looked up from her paperwork, and gasped when she saw the princess in front of her.

“P-princess Luna! How can I help you?” said the nurse. Luna turned to show the unconscious colt on her back, causing the nurse to gasp.

“It’s my son! He’s been injured!” replied a panicked Luna.

“Oh my goodness!” exclaimed the nurse. “I’ll go get a stretcher!” The nurse galloped away from the desk, and went through a set of doors. A few moments later, she along with another nurse and a doctor came through with a stretcher. The doctor used his magic to levitate the youngling onto the stretcher, and then the three hospital staff rolled the injured colt through the doors. Luna attempted to follow, but was stopped by the doctor.

“I’m sorry your highness, but you’ll have to stay here until we’ve assessed his condition.”

“But-but,” stuttered Luna.

“Don’t worry your highness, we’ll do everything in our power to help him.” The doctor patted Luna on the withers, and then left to go inspect the colt. Luna lowered herself to a sitting position, head hanging low. Luna could hear the faint clip clops of approaching hooves. She turned her head to gaze upon a familiar yellow Pegasus.

“Don’t worry Princess. I’m sure Midnight will be alright,” assured Fluttershy in her usual timid voice.

“Thank you kind Fluttershy, but it’s not that that worries me.”

“Then what’s the matter?” asked Twilight as she trotted up to sit next to Luna. Luna sighed as the rest of the ponies gathered around her.

“It’s just…I fear that Midnight will never accept me as his mother. And it breaks my heart, and it’s all DISCORDS FAULT!” Luna’s breath became heavy after her outburst, her shoulders rising and falling. Then Luna felt a wing drape over her withers. She looked up to see her sister, with her wing resting over her.

“Luna…in all my years, I’ve never encountered a situation quite like this but…well I don’t know what to say. Midnight, or Tristan as he likes to be called, has had his whole world turned upside down. It will take time for his anger to subside. And it will also take a lot of work for him to accept you. It won’t be easy but…well, I think you can rise to this challenge. Just be patient.” Luna sniffled, and then spoke.

“Thank you sister,” said as she offered a weak smile.

“Come on every pony. We should all return home and rest. Twilight, do you mind if my sister and I spend the night at your library?”

“Oh, um sure, I just need to run home and make sure spike finished cleaning,” replied Twilight.

“Alright, we’ll meet you there,” replied Celestia, as Twilight ran out the door, heading towards her home. A few minutes later, the group left the hospital, and returned to their respective residencies.


It was late at night, and the moon and stars hung in the sky. But to anyone who gazed upon the night, they would notice a distinct lack of the usual beauty it had become associated with. That is because Luna had just gone through the motions, without putting her soul into her art like she usually did. Luna sat on the balcony of the library gazing up at her precious moon. She had once hoped to share this sight with her son. She didn’t know if that dream would ever become a reality.

Meanwhile, Twilight was skulking around the scene of the fight between mother and son, searching for the Alicorn Amulet.

“Let’s see…this is where he landed after the magical blast. And this,” she said as she walked over to a new area. “-is where he was during the blast. So where is the amulet. Oh, I need to do some calculations. “ She used her magic to summon a quill and notebook, and started scribbling a bunch of mathematics only a complete nerd like her could understand.

“Ah ha!” she exclaimed as she finished. She turned to face her right, and took 20 paces in that direction. It brought her in front of a large oak tree. She walked around to the other side, but did not see anything there. “Hm. Maybe it landed up in the branches.” Twilight flapped her wings, causing her to ascend into the air. She hovered, while searching the tree for the amulet

After a few minutes with no luck, she eventually saw a glint out of the corner of her eye. She turned, and looked into the leaves, and saw what she was looking for. She used her magic to bring the item closer to her for inspection. She saw the red gem, only there was no amulet, just the gem. “Well, now I can give this to the Princess for her to lock away.” And with that, Twilight flew back to her home in a tree.


It was early in the morning when Luna was roused from her slumber by a prodding on her side. She could hear her name being said, though it was quiet. Luna. “Uh, five more minutes Celestia,” grumbled Luna. Luna? Luna.

“LUNA!” The princess of the night jolted awake, looking left and right. Her gaze fell upon the face of her older sister.

“Oh, sister. What is it?” she asked.

“I heard from the doctors at the Ponyville hospital sister. Midnight is going to wake up soon.”

“Well then,” said Luna as she sat up. “ Let’s get going.”

A half hour later, the entire group found themselves sitting in the waiting room of the hospital. Then, a doctor, the same one from yesterday walked through the doors.

“Princess, your son is about to wake up. I can let your group through to go see him.”

“Thank you doctor.” The group followed the doctor through the door, and came to the colt’s room. The group went into the room to find the colt sleeping in the bed. Luna walked to the side of the bed, and sat down, waiting. After a few minutes of waiting, she saw the colt rouse from his sleep.

“Midnight. Midnight, are you all right?” asked the princess.

“M-midnight?” asked the colt. “Who’s that? Who are you? Who am I?”

Author's Note:

Come on people, you have to trust that I'm going somewhere with this. I'm setting up the ending, which I believe will be satisfying.