• Published 25th Apr 2014
  • 16,007 Views, 406 Comments

Instant Mom - SeasonTheWiccan



When Rainbow Dash takes in a baby Pegasus left on her doorstep, she learns what it means to be a mother to a child with special needs when it's revealed that she is completely blind.

  • ...
14
 406
 16,007

The New CMC Members

For their punishment, Shiny Bit and Sparkling Gem were suspended for a week, giving Cue, Dandelion and Autumn a break. Not to mention that their allowances had been cut off for a month. But upon their return to the school, it seemed that over that time they had become a couple! Cumulus didn't question how or when but it didn't matter, all she knew was that the only colt that she had a crush on was now taken.


3 more years had gone by and the other colts and fillies in her class stared getting their cutie marks. Cue didn't even know what it was until her mother explained it to her. Once it was explained, she was determined to find her place in Equestria and as were her friends, for they didn't have their cutie marks either.

It was when Scootaloo made her yearly visit to Ponyville that she told Cumulus about the Cutie Mark Crusaders when she saw that Cumulus was obviously a late bloomer. When Scootaloo was in town, Cumulus was always excited! She got to see her only once a year and Scootaloo herself only stayed for a week. But Cumulus cherished the time she got to spend with her, counting her as another Aunt. Scootaloo took Cumulus to the park to play before taking her out to lunch. There, they bonded with each other.

"So how are things going? Has your mom blown her top again?"

Cue giggled, "No, not recently."

Scootaloo had heard how Rainbow Dash had blown up at Sparkling Gem's mother when Cue had been beaten up. It spread all over Ponyville and from then on, everypony knew not to mess with Rainbow's Cumulus cloud.

"How are the wings coming?"

"Mom's been giving me some lessons, but I've only flown as far as 2 yards."

"Really? Cue, you're downplaying it too much! That's a HUGE improvement!"

"Really?"

"Yeah! I mean, when I was your age, my wings couldn't even get me off the ground! It took a couple more years to actually get off the ground with some practice!"

Cumulus was now beaming with pride! But still, her mother would only let her fly under her supervision and her supervision alone.

"So I noticed that you're kind of late getting your cutie mark..."

Cumulus bit her lip and covered her flank with her tail in shame.

"Nonono, I'm not picking on you, I'm just telling you that me, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were the same!"

"You were?"

"Yeah, I mean, we were late getting our marks too. That's actually how we became friends and that's what I want to talk to you about."

"So what did you do to earn your marks?"

"Your Aunt Sweetie Belle and your Aunt Apple Bloom used to have a secret society together and we did all kinds of stuff to earn them."

"Really? What was it called?"

"The Cutie Mark Crusaders, maybe you can become a member...though you'll need more members."

Cumulus lit up with an idea, "Maybe I can get my friends to join!"

"Are they...well...they don't have their cutie marks either?"

"Nope, I know because Shiny Bit and Sparkling Gem keep calling us 'blank flanks.'"

"Oh, trust me...I know the feeling. I'm right with you on that one."

"But where can we hold our meetings?"

"Hmmm....Maybe you three can use our old clubhouse!" she suggested.

"Really?" Cumulus asked.

"Sure, it's on your Auntie AJ's farm, just ask her about it and she'll know what you're talking about."

At school the next day, Cumulus told Dandelion and Autumn about this secret society that they could do to get their cutie marks.

"I like it!" said Autumn.

"But what kind of stuff would we be doing?" asked Dandelion.

"We pretty much do stuff so we can get our cutie marks."

"Like what?"

"Well, we'd do things like rollerblading, cooking, all kinds of stuff!"

"Alright, but...with the extreme sports, I think we should stay away from that, I mean your Mom would flip if she found out about it."

"Yeah, good point, but if you guys want to try that kind of stuff, that's fine. Extreme sports are kind of out for me."

They then put their hooves together, and they said simultaneously, "Cutie Mark Crusaders go!"

After school that day, Rainbow took the three to Applejack's place after they told her that they wanted to be Cutie Mark Crusaders.

"Alright," she said cautiously. "But, I have rules, no extreme sports like hang gliding, mountain climbing or rock climbing, nothing that includes sharp objects, and absolutely...no flying unless I'm around...got it?"

"Yes Mom."

"Yes ma'am," said Autumn Leaves.

"Good."

When they arrived at Sweet Apple Acres, Dandelion knocked on the door and Cumulus asked Applejack if they could use the old clubhouse in the orchard.

"Well sure ya can, I'll take ya out there!"

When they arrived, it looked like it had been sitting abandoned for a while. Rainbow looked a little uneasy.

"Are you sure this is safe?" she whispered to Applejack.

"Rainbow, don't worry...it's gonna be fine. Give Cue a chance to breathe!"

"Okay but, I'm making the repairs though."

Rainbow spent Cumulus' entire school day repairing the clubhouse and basically baby proofing it to make sure that she didn't get hurt. And it ended up still being a really great clubhouse, Autumn and Dandelion got their parent's permission to got to Sweet Apple Acres for this club as long as they kept tabs on their homework. After school Rainbow picked them up and blind folded them and guided them to the clubhouse; when Rainbow took the blindfolds off, what they saw was a white clubhouse with rainbow colored shutters and a teal roof. By her friend's reactions, she could tell that her mother did wonders on the clubhouse and could not thank her enough! When they went inside Dandelion and Autumn saw that Rainbow had written out her rules and tacked them to the wall, they knew that she was making sure that they followed them. They knew not to get on the wrong side of Rainbow Dash, if you do, well...it's your funeral!