• Published 31st Mar 2012
  • 880 Views, 7 Comments

Daring Do meets Danger Dash! - Fenwolf2003



Dash tries her hoof at writing a fanfiction to do with her hero.

  • ...
5
 7
 880

Chapter 1

Daring Do meets Danger Dash!
By Fenwolf2003

“Read it!”

“No.”

Read it.”

No.”

“Why not?” Rainbow Dash leaned forwards, glaring over the thick, dusty brim of the ancient textbook at the purple unicorn.

“Rainbow…” Twilight looked up from the book after a few seconds of consideration before letting out a quiet sigh as she closed the book. “You- you probably wouldn’t like me to be your first critic. I’m overly… let’s say ‘critical.”

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes as she snatched the book from Twilight’s magical grip using her mouth, pulling it away from the unicorn before casually spitting it onto the floor. “Duh, Twi. We all know you’re really nerdy with books.” The rainbow maned pegasus let out a snigger as she reached under her right wing to pull out a roll of parchment. “But that’s only when there’s something to complain about. You can’t complain about perfection!”

Twilight Sparkle observed the parchment cautiously, triangular ears pinned back against her head.

“Are you sure… you wouldn’t rather show it to Applejack? You know she loves those adventure books. Or Pinkie, she…”

“No way! Anyway, I tried to get Applejack to read it early and she wouldn’t.” A sly smirk crept onto her short, cyan muzzle. “It’ll show her when you tell her it’s awesome. Then I won’t let her read it! Haha! No matter how much she begs!”

Twilight Sparkle bit her lower lip and glanced around, idly wishing that Spike was there to be a distraction. When she saw no way out she finally signed and looked around at the excited mare again.

“Okay, Rainbow Dash. Just, promise not to get upset. Okay?”

“I don’t get upset. Anyway? How could I get upset when you’re telling me how awesome I am?”

The unicorn shook her head before tugging the parchment from her friend’s hooves and shifted it across to spread it out over the table beside her.

Daring Do meets Danger Dash!!!

Twilight hesitated and looked across at Rainbow Dash and didn’t have the heart to say anything when she spotted the pegasus’ beaming smile. She simply went back to reading.

Deep in the <s>dark</s> DEEP, dark jungle was an even deeper, darker cave. The type of cave that a pony could get lost in. Or TRY to get lost in!

Daring Do knew this and that’s why she ran straight in. Just in time two because if she didn’t, she definitely been dead. Instantly dead, not a slow death or anything, just a FULL death because a dragon <s>burped</s> <s>belched</s> burped fire at her but she was way too fast and jumped out of the way. She rolled down into the cave but suddenly found out it WASN’T a dark cave, and it actually wasn’t very deep, it was actually the throne room of Ahuitzotl and he had over fifty of his giant cat things in there with him.

Daring knew she was outnumber even though she was totally awesome, even her awesomeness couldn’t counteract the anti-awesome of all these cats. So she turned around to leave the cat, but then there were a hundred giant cats (and some of the smaller gay ones too but no one cares about them).

“Ah daring, you’re caught in my trap like I knew you would be. Now prepare to die!!!!” Ahuitzoetal shouted very loudly.

“No way!” Daring shouted even louder back.

“Yeah way!” <s>Ahuitezo</s> <s>Ahuizelataol</s> The BIG BLUE GUY shouted back, so loud that one of his smaller, gayer cats died of loudness.

Daring glared at him and he glared back, but he was really nervous because Daring’s glare was really intense. It could’ve curdled milk and made the most awesome cheese ever.

“Attack!”

Daring leaped at the fifty cats in front of her and started kicking and bucking at them, knocking most of them out, but then the others jumped on her back and pinned her down.

“At least I took 50 of you pussies (you know, like ‘cats’? Haha) out!” Daring shouted as she squirmed, nearly throwing the hundred cats off her back but they had her pinned enough.

All looked lost for our awesome hero because <s>Ahu</s> the blue guy had taken out a big sword and was sharpening it on a rock.

Daring was totally dead, but then suddenly.

“We met again big blue guy!”

The big dog/cat/monkey was scared because he knew that voice, and its awesomeness made him shake.

“Danger Dash!” Daring shouting happily!

“The one and only!”

Danger Dash was beyond beautiful, totally hitting the ‘sexy’ range. Her rainbow coloured mane was the most unique hair on the entire planet, everyone kept telling her they were jealous of it because it was so cool. She was toned and super slim, like a super model, but actually attractive and tough instead of stupid and thin.

Danger Dash, youngest captain of the Wonderbolts at 18. Only pony in the whole world that can do the legendary Sonic Rainboom. The pony that brought peace between the Griffon and the Equestrian nations. The pony who defeated the evil, stupid, smelly leader of the Apple Nation ‘Jack the Dumb’. The pony….

Twilight glanced at Rainbow Dash; the pony’s face was still locked in the same expression of perpetual joy.

“Um… Dash. How long does your introduction last?”

Rainbow Dash looked confused before chuckling. “Hah! I get I overdid it by a few paragraphs! Just go straight to page three. You already know about all the awesome stuff I’ve done anyway.”

“Like… beating the Apple Nation?” Twilight eyed the cyan pegasus who just grinned and nodded.

“Yupe!” Rainbow Dash’s grin remained even as Twilight continued to stare at her. “What? I beat her in the Running of the Leaves. Same difference.”

Twilight Sparkle rolled her eyes with a grumble before turning back to focus on the parchment, skipping a page and a half before starting to read.

<s>Rainbow</s> Danger Dash had only just left the Wonderbolts after feeling bad because the fans only liked her, she wanted to give the others a chance at glory because Danger Dash was amazing modest and kind. She’d quickly gotten bored so now she was a adventurer like her old hero Daring Do who now saw her as a hero.

Danger Dash leapt forwards and the caats ran but no one was quicker than Danger Dash, and she hit them all with a sonic rainboom. When the smoke cleared, no one was left, accept Danger Dash and Daring Do.

“Danger Dash! You saved me!”

“I’d save anypony in need. It’s just what I do.” Dash replied cooly before she turned towards the cave entrance again where the dead dragon lay because she’d already killed it earlier. “Now I need to go. There are other poor ponies out there who are being crushed by injustice and evil, and I’ll be an avenging angel to stop those evil ponies and bring justice to the world.”

“But Danger! You never ask for anything in return! You need to stop being so modest and let me do something in return for you!” Daring grabbed Danger by the shoulder and was surprised by how strong and powerful the shoulder was, though she wasn’t overly muscled and ugly like those weightlifter ponies she was really hot and toned just.

“Like what? I don’t need anything in this world.” Danger Dash glanced around at her, and cooly flicked her fringe back from her eyes.

“I want to give you… my love!” Daring Do suddenly pressed forwards to kiss Rainbow Dash on the mouth and forced her tongue all the way into her mouth. Her tongue was like a wet, slippery <s>worm</s> <s>muscle</s> thing and was really strong and felt really nice so Rainbow Dash kissed back.

Rainbow Dash kissed her back really firmly and Daring kissed her back ever firmer before suddenly tackling her to the ground (Rainbow Dash let her do it, since Daring was nowhere near strong enough to move Dash unless Dash let her.). They rolled around and kissed each other for ages until Daring began to slide her hoof down Rainbow’s front towards…

“Whoooo! Dash! You could have warned me this got…” Twilight glanced off to the in embarrassment as the hint of a blush crept across her cheeks. “…’adult’.”

“You’re an adult, why would I have to warn you about that?” Rainbow Dash seemed genuinely confused.

“Some… adults don’t like that kinda thing. Well, reading about it.”

Rainbow Dash tilted her head to the side as she curiously regarded her friend before she quickly shook her head. “Alright, whatever, cool! Anyway. How awesome is that story?”

Twilight’s heart sank and she felt her mouth go dry. She looked down to the paper before looking back to her friend as she offered a weak smile.

“Oh… Well. It could do with some touching up in places. Spelling and the like.”

“Pft. Who cares about spelling?”

“Me?”

“Well, that’s ‘cuz you’re a nerd. Cool people reading my cool book won’t even care. Who cares about spelling? It’s all about the story!”

“That isn’t….”

“What else is wrong with my story?” Rainbow Dash snorted out in anger towards the purple unicorn who simply looked more uncomfortable.

“Oh. Well. I don’t think we really need to know everything about your character right off…”

“That’s just stupid, Twi. If I didn’t tell everyone how awesome my character is, they wouldn’t know they’re meant to like her. Duh.” Rainbow Dash dropped onto her rump as she folded her forelegs across her chest. “Have you even read any books?”

“I have read more books then you have red blood cells.” Twilight snapped back at her.

“So… like, twelve? Fifteen?”

“Red- eh, forget it.” Twilight picked up the parchment and lifted it to look it over briefly again. “I assume this is written because you have a crush on Daring Do, correct?”

“No. She has a crush on me. Didn’t you get that from reading it?”

“Uh. Well, she didn’t write it. And by the end of it, you stopped calling yourself ‘Danger’ and just went back to ‘Rainbow’.”

“Pft. Like anypony would notice.”

“I did.”

“We covered this earlier, egghead.”

Twilight’s right ear twitched in annoyance and she narrowed her purple eyes towards the cyan mare, before finally offering a kind smile. “Do you know what Rainbow Dash? I was wrong. This is awesome. I bet in a year or so, when you look at the dictionary, under the word ‘awesome’ will be a picture of this book.”

Rainbow Dash’s eyes lit up and she hopped up off her rump, to bounce excitedly on her hooves.

“Really? ‘Cuz… well, I didn’t really know it was awesome, I just kinda hoped it was!” Rainbow closed the distance in a heartbeat and wrapped her forelegs around the unicorn’s neck in a quick hug before she bounced back. “Thanks Twi, you’re the best!”

Cold sweat rolled down Twilight’s neck at Dash’s friendly attitude, and it was only then that she realised her joke was a terrible one.

“I’m totally gonna take this up and get Applejack to read it!” Rainbow was already tucking the story under her wing before Twilight could open her mouth to interrupt. “This is gonna be so cool!”

“Rainbow…”

“Heh! Don’t worry Twi, I’m getting out of your mane!” Rainbow was beaming, more than Twilight had seen in the weeks following her accident. She could do nothing but smile weakly in return and let the mare trot out of the library to head towards Sweet Apple Acres.

“Applejack’ll… let her down easy.” Twilight tried to reassure herself.

==========================================

“Twi. Have y’all read Rainbow’s new story?” Applejack asked before taking another sip of her coffee.

“Yeah… that’s kinda why I asked you around today. Did you let her down gently?” Twilight asked meekly, her ears pinned back, waiting for the verbal onslaught from the honest pony in front of her.

“Pft. Told her as carefully as ah could. Weren’t easy but ya know… gotta tell her the truth.”

Twilight looked away from Applejack and pulled her own coffee a little closer, fighting back tears.

“I know Applejack. I’m… sorry.”

“’bout what? Sendin’ her up to mah house that late? She was up there for hours last night. Heck, turned into a sleepover.” Applejack glanced over her shoulder towards the window, looking up towards the distant farm. “Ah reckon she’s probably still sleepin’ up there.”

“It’ll… take her awhile to get over it. She was so excited, but I just…”

“Get over what? All that gloatin’?” Applejack chuckled into the cool morning air, a warm, hearty chuckle that confused Twilight further. “Dang, she was gloatin’ for hours last night. Told meh if ah was nice she’d put meh in her next book.”

“Wait… what?”

“Ah gotta hand it to ya, Twi. Ya sure know how to pick a good book. Ah couldn’t put it down.” Applejack sipped at her coffee again, obvious to the shocked expression on Twilight’s face.

“You, liked it?”

“Who wouldn’t like it? Heh, only problem ah had was that naughty stuff at the end but Dash told meh she’ll cut it in the next draft so ah can read it to Apple Bloom.”

“But… it was garbage!” Twilight blurted out, eyes widened in shock. Applejack just stared into her eyes calmly, a passive expression on her face before she smiled and shrugged.

“Sometimes fun is better than all that fancy nonsense. Sometimes you just gotta smile.”

Comments ( 7 )

Just started reading, your italics tags are messed up. They need to be in square brackets or they won't work [].

389286

Bah, thank you very much man, it's a bit different to DA.

Sorry for not proof-reading like an idiot, just expected it'd look the same in DA.

Thanks again man. Hope you enjoyed the fic.

390279

Yeah, it was a good little fic. I think TAW did a similar Daring Dash fanfic fanfic, but yours was more funny and less cloppy (it is TAW after all).

390279
Your strikethroughs are in the wrong brackets too, but it doesn't matter because strikethrough doesn't work on fimfiction anyway.

Just read it a second time. Still absolutely hilarious. :rainbowlaugh:

I was right there along with Twilight the whole time. I even protested at the same times, and I felt guilty about Twi telling Dash it was good at the same time. Only very good writing can do that. Applejack's comment at the end about just needing to smile was great. Because I definitely was. Take ALL the moustaches! :moustache: :moustache: :moustache: :moustache: :heart:

Login or register to comment