• Published 23rd Oct 2011
  • 2,005 Views, 20 Comments

Soft as a Rock - TotallyNotLoop



Tom was forgotten by Rarity, his love, and only a miracle will ever bring her back to him once again

  • ...
 20
 2,005

Chapter 1 - Prologue

Soft as a Rock

A “My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic” fanfiction

By Nicholas Tepper (Master_Ovan)

and Johnny Lupuleasa (loopuleasa)

Standard Legal Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters contained in the following work. “My Little Pony” and all subsequent properties belong to Hasbro.

Google Docs version here

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

I wish I could have been the diamond Rarity saw in me; the day she released me from the fetters of my stone prison I knew we were destined to be. With spellbound eyes she was able to see through my rough exterior and into the diamond within, the diamond nobody had seen before; though, nothing prepared me for what came next. Her friends, they came between us, they broke the spell that allowed her to see what I truly was and her heart grew cold as she gazed upon my rigid body. She swore she would never speak of me again and this fact shattered me like a sheet of glass. Who was I kidding? How could she have ever loved something as plain and uninteresting as me? If only my body could have been crafted to reflect my heart, she could have seen that we were meant to be. Why am I the only one that can appreciate her full beauty and the only one powerless to show her my love? It’s… It’s not fair…

Celestia’s sun had set across Ponyville and her sister’s moon had risen above the horizon and cast its dim light across the town. A cold wind blew past; rustling the leaves in the trees, and a soft song was carried with the breeze; the perfect tune to accent the night. Rarity had just returned home from a day out with her friends and as always, Tom was sitting in his place silently, spectating through the window of the boutique. It was a show Tom valued mostly. For him it was a superb ballet of the rarest beauty.

She is simply the most exquisite being I have ever seen, I gaze through her window, watching day and night. Such beauty and talent mixed together into one pony. Her long flowing mane hypnotizes me for hours at a time, sometimes I can’t take my eyes off her for days, yet she never so much as looks at me. The only time she ever passes by me is to visit my only friend in this world, the trash can around the side of the house. With all the scraps of fabric left over from her gorgeous gowns, she visits him often and I get the pleasure of looking upon her as she walks around me. Sometimes she’s a bit clumsy and brushes against me as she passes by, those are the days I treasure. I can feel the warmth of her coat against my cold skin, I embrace every moment until I feel it slowly slip away from me, I wish the feeling could last forever. Oh, I wish…

Then there are times when I imagine myself as a handsome prince, I imagine running away with Rarity to Canterlot to give her the life that she deserves, the life of a queen. We would go together to the theatre, eat at the most prestigious of restaurants, and dance at the most glorious of galas. We would live like royalty, and we would love with the purest of love. Alas, my dreams always come to an end and I have to return to being nothing more than a pathetic stone, the last thing Rarity thinks of as the ideal prince. Oh, I wish…


==========


Just after the sun rose the next morning, early costumers started to show up at the boutique. Ponies of all colors and tastes walked in to get their measurements taken. Tom observed how Rarity was so swift and accurate with her measuring tape, not a single wasted movement.

She’s like a swan dancing through the water, so elegant and beautiful, it seems effortless to her. She dances around them with that tape measure, quickly and precisely, taking every measurement. Such beauty and grace, she has, my Rarity. What a magnificent pony, I love her, more than anything in this world, if only she could ever love me. Oh, I wish…

Time passed by at the average pace and as it did the pegasus ponies were at work in the sky getting ready for the big storm that night.

“Hey, move it!” A multi colored pegasus leading the weather patrol squad cried up above, below the now forming storm clouds. “You know the drill, move the big ones to the Everfree. This night’s storm is freaking huge. We can’t deflect all the clouds so focus only on the giants. We’ll stay in groups of three or four. Every pony disperse if you see any of them cooking a lightning bolt. Those things sting hard. Also, follow my lead and I’ll mark the clouds that need bucking. Any questions?”

A fellow weather pony raised his hoof. “Uhm, captain Dash, I…”

“Good.” The rainbow maned pegsus dismissed the question. “Alright, everypony, let’s move out!”

The weather patrol was now on their way to intercept the bigger clouds and Tom stood there, near Rarity’s boutique, watching from afar and if he had lungs, he would have sighed.

This is going to be a long night…

As the sun went down and the moon rose to mark the dominance of the night an unsettling wind blew through the town, foreshadowing the oncoming storm. All the ponies were trotting to their safe spot, rallying their little ones, to quickly find shelter from the element’s unforgiving turmoil. The many squads were each assigned a big cloud, while the Wonderbolts were battling in the eye of the storm.

A thunder bolt in the distance marked the start, and the fight between ponykind and nature was on. The weather patrol was struggling but it could not manage the whole situation and smaller clouds breeched the defense line and torrential rain took over.

Tom stood there, exposed to the elements, left alone to listen to the deafening sound of splashing raindrops. In the window of the boutique, he saw Rarity tucking in bed a little filly he often saw at the shop, usually accompanied by two other loud, enthusiastic blank flanks. The little foal was visibly scared by the thundering storm and Rarity tried to comfort her as best as she could. Tom found the entire scene… adorable. He couldn’t explain the feeling. He just knew that Rarity had a big heart, while his was rough and made of stone.

What would I do in her place? I am a useless boulder. I can make nobody feel better. I can offer nobody a shoulder to cry on. I can sooth nobody’s soul. A boulder like me is the last thing any pony seeks out when they are in need. Why must I be such a useless rock? Oh, I wish…

As the rain ticked like a clock, Tom could see Rarity’s lips moving, and with each word she spoke the little foal started to cheer up and smile. It was late and a long yawn from both of them proved that. With a small smooch on the forehead she succeeded; the little filly was sound asleep. As she walked out, they wished each other a good night and the light went off in that room.

Tom saw everything from under the cold weather.

I miss those times so much; the times when I was loved. It was such a beautiful feeling; being loved. I wonder if I would ever be loved again. My heart yearns for those times when Rarity cared for me more than anything. I miss those times. Oh, I wish…

A light was switched on at the second floor of the boutique and, through the window, Tom saw Rarity, sitting in front of her mirror. Her nightly ritual started as she picked up a brush in her magic grip. This part was Tom’s much-loved moment of the day where he could admire the full beauty of his love.

Such a gorgeous mane, the elegant violet color perfectly contrasting her white coat. Could there be any pony more beautiful than my Rarity? No, that’s not even possible! She is perfect, perfect in every aspect. So beautiful, running the brush through her mane over and over again, making sure every hair is aligned perfectly, not one single strand out of place. How could she ever love me? I’m not even close to matching her level. A hopeless boulder like me is nothing she desires. I’ll always be alone in this world, forever just a stone, watching my love through the window. How have I come to be this pathetic? If only I could be strong like the prince she needs. Oh, I wish…

The rain was lost in the background as Tom stood hypnotized by the unicorn’s splendor. He caught every aspect of her nightly ritual. He knew it as the back of his cracks. Once Rarity finished, she dressed in her night gown and applied a pretty ludicrous number of curlers to her mane after which she slowly walked to the window, and that made Tom’s stone heart quake. She raised her hoof to the light switch and, at the last moment, turned her look towards the poor boulder laying in her garden, exposed to the merciless rain. In that single moment for a brief period of time, their eyes locked. Tom felt happiness for the first time since they parted ways . He felt blissful, his cold rocky heart hammering inside him. But it was short lived. With a flick of a switch, Rarity’s bedroom was engulfed by darkness and it was all over. Tom heard a thunderbolt in the distance and the rain came back into focus and it began to pour down harder and harder as the night grew all so colder. The raindrops were like tears flowing from his nonexistent eyes. He was without hope; torn apart from the inside. Tom sat silent, bathing in self-pity, and then, from the depth of his heart, from the bottom of his soul, he uttered a single wish.

I wish... I wish I could be the diamond rarity saw within me.


==========


In the distance, the storm started to overwhelm the weather patrol. The main squad was severely taken aback by the central cloud, approaching at an alarming rate. The epicenter of the tempest began to slowly advance toward Ponyville and the team combined efforts to push it back.

“Code red. Code red. Our perimeter has been breeched. All units fall back. I repeat all units fall back.” The messenger ponies announced the urgent message over the relay and, from all around, pegasis began to gather, abandoning the other clouds, to focus on the imminent threat. The eye of the storm was right above the town, casting a frightful shadow above its residents. Everypony watched horrified from their window hoping the weather patrol could succeed in forcing the massive giant back where it can do no harm.

The newly gathered squad intercepted the path of the storm and positioned themselves into formation while an orange-maned pegasus took the lead.

“Alright. This is our last chance. We can’t let it advance any further or else it will surely wreak everything in its path. Stay with me, everypony. I am counting on you all. Are you with me?

Yeah! For Equestria!” A rainbow maned pegasus cried loud and others soon followed.

Everypony faced the incoming colossus and the leader proceeded to shoot her hoof in its general direction and scream with all her lungs.

Chaaarge!” And soon, the rest soon followed and the sky echoed with everypony’s warcry.

And so it started. The whole weather patrol torpedoed into the heart of the storm like a swarm of bees rushing towards an intruder. The sky started to roar from the rumbling of thunder and the flapping of pegasis. In a few seconds, the two masses would collide, but something… prevented that.

The gigantic cloud was scoured by a huge lightning bolt that traveled its entire surface in a split second after which it quietly retreated in itself. A deafening boom soon followed a second later. The weather patrol stopped their charge abruptly.

“Oh no it’s gonna blow! Fall back! Everypony fall back!” The leader cried with terror in her eyes and the squads started to disperse in all directions leaving the humongous cloud to wreak havoc in its path.

Tom watched everything and he was soon caught by fear as, above him, he saw the huge black mass shadowing everything in sight. Absolute silence filled the atmosphere; the only sound was coming from the heavy rain. The air snapped all of a sudden.

I never asked for this…

Out of the blue, the large cloud boomed brutally in the horizon and began to crack. The ground shook as the storm unleashed a gigantic lightning bolt right from its heart. It surged to the ground in a large blinding arc that impacted Tom full on, scorching his stony skin to a crust. The blast shattered him into pieces as though a sledgehammer smacked a glass vase. The same as a shock wave was sent outwards, being heard in the rest of Ponyville, the earth quaked and the storm continued its steady advance.


==========


Several minutes passed and the storm was already far from Ponyville. The weather patrol pushed out the rest of the clouds and, with that, they concluded one of the hardest and most heroic tasks the team managed to pull. The night was once again a calm, breezy night guarded by Luna’s Moon, shining brightly in the sky.

The storm left its mark on Tom. A pile of rubble was all that was left of him. The scorched ground and charred rocks was all that remained from that violent clash with the elements. This was it. Tom was nothing more than a pile of rocks scattered across the ground.

A pegasis team flew by to check for damages. One of them, looking quite distressed, approached the window and knocked on the glass.

“Rarity! Rarity! Are you in there?”

The unicorn opened the window to her bedroom, quivering from every joint.

“Phew, I’m so glad to see you, Rare. Are you okay?”

“Yes, Rainbow. I am fine, apparently. Though a little shaken up, but fine, thanks to you and the team.” Though she was keeping her composure fairly well, her expression betrayed the fact she was still recovering from the shock.

“Yeah, no problem. It’s our job, after all. Man, that was so crazy… I can’t believe you escaped the impact. Wow, would you look at this mess.” Dash pointed to the scorched ground in front of the Carousel Boutique. “You are so lucky it didn’t hit your shop. Nothing would have survived that.”

Rarity watched in disbelief to the damages her garden sustained.

“Y-Yes… Lu-cky…Heh, heh…” Rarity’s head started spinning when confronted with the real nature of the situation.

“Well, at least you’re safe and sound now. You should get some rest; it was a crazy night, for sure. Here let me help you get in bed.”

“Thank you, Rainbow, but I think I can manage that myself. Are you okay?”

“Pff~, I’m fine. You know me. I’m so glad you are in one piece. Well, see you later. I have to check the rest of Ponyville and report the status.”

“Yes. Please let there be nobody hurt. If there’s any way I can help to-…”

“Nah, me and the team can handle it. You go get some sleep. I mean it.”

“That I can do, Rainbow Dash. Take care, darling.”

“Yeah, yeah. Bye Rare.”

The pegasus flew back to his squad members while the trembling unicorn sealed the window and pulled the curtains over it.

“Right. No pony was hurt here, fortunately. Let’s rendezvous with group Red to see what’s their situation.”

The pegasis nodded at each other and then they soared up in the night sky following Rainbow’s lead.


==========


A tranquil breeze packed the air while the moonlight sheltered the town in a glimmering radiance. Silence once again took over. Tom laid in pieces on the ground. He was disintegrated by the blast, but it was not in vain since the one he cared and loved the most was safe. His goal was complete, he finally proved useful, he made the ultimate sacrifice. Sadly, this night was going to be his last.

Or was it?

Several of the rocks began to move. Electricity was bouncing from stone to stone and each of them started to move like magic. As the rocks shuffled they revealed something, something precious. A diamond began to rise above the ground as a magical aura engulfed it. Soon, the other rocks followed it and began to dance around the diamond core, as a miniature tornado comprised of whirling pebbles and rocks. With astounding precision, each stone piece began to bind with the next starting to take shape in what appeared to be... some sort of a sculpture. As each rock took its designated place a final outburst of magic welded the whole set together.

What was left, was a statue. A statue with the silhouette of a stone man. The diamond shone brightly a couple of times and two orbs of light appeared in the creature’s eye sockets. This was not Tom, the rock. No. This was something else. And whatever it was, it was alive.

Clumsily, the rocky being stood on what appeared to be two legs formed of welded boulders, his head had two orbs for eyes shining like lightning in brief strobe lights. A diamond was embedded in its torso next to where a hearth was supposed to be, it shined brighter than any diamond in all of Equestria. The rare gem had been inside of him this whole time and he never even knew. For the first time, the hidden essence inside him came to life. Tom was no longer an "it". This rocky conglomeration was now a "he". Tom was alive and he stood there petrified, not sure what just occurred to him.

The creature slowly looked around him, realizing he could move his head. This feeling was new to him and it made him slightly dizzy. Hesitantly he looked down at his body for the first time to see it was comprised of many interlinked rocks. He looked at his hands and fascinated he made one move close to his face for a better look. His hands had digits and he couldn’t help but clench it in a fist only to relax it back right afterwards. He inspected every aspect of it with huge curiosity and fascination. Even the back of his palm felt like foreign land to him. He could move. Yes, he could move his hands but what about…

Tom looked downwards to the ground to see his legs, strong and firm. They were like two columns made from stacked boulders. He was unsure if those could move at all but with a little thought, he clumsily managed to raise one of his gigantic legs off the ground then he relaxed it, making it hit the ground like a hammer. He wondered if he could walk. Would someone as massive as him even be able to make a single pace? To find out, he raised his leg, leaned forward for a step and with a sway… he plummeted to the ground like a statue, biting the dirt. Well, at least he knew he could take a single step. Nevertheless, he stood up and attempted to do the same a second time, only this time, he managed to take his first walk in his entire life. The feeling. The feeling was overwhelming for him. Being able to move. Being able to change his place without anybody excavating him first. For the first time in his life he felt… free.

He looked up at the moon, shining bright in the night sky, and noticed a second light contributing to the ambiance. Looking down towards his chest he saw a rhombus shaped diamond embedded in his chest, shinning a vivid blue color. He cautiously placed his bulky arm over it and he saw it beating. It was not beating in pulses of movement, but in pulses of light. Each pulse represented a heartbeat. He could swear he saw it before.

Then he remembered the shape.

The diamond was the same one he saw on Rarity’s rump before. When he thought about the love of his life, his heart stone started to light up like a light bulb. He quickly covered it with his hand and sighed softly, full of compassion.

He looked around the familiar place he stayed put for such a long time and, for him, at this time, everything seemed so surreal. He was… moving. He was… walking. And yes, he was… alive.

I can’t…I can’t believe it… I can’t believe my luck. I... I can’t believe what happened. After all this time of sitting, waiting, wishing I finally got a chance, a chance to be the man of Rarity’s dreams.

He inspected once again his body to make sure he was not in some kind of dream, but then he remembered how real the tumble from before felt. He looked up at the sky where the gigantic cloud was earlier that night and then shifted his gaze into the distance where he saw a faint resemblance to the long passed storm. He slowly bowed his head in that direction and muttered in a low-toned, sharp, screechy voice:

“Thank you.”

With that, Tom stood up and he started looking up to the bedroom where Rarity was sleeping unsure what could be his next approach.

Now what am I going to do? Will she recognize me? Will she like me like this? Maybe she'll be scared! Or maybe just confused... Will it be too sudden? Should I just walk inside? I don't even know what I'm supposed to do...

==========

Tom stood there for a long time thinking of what was the right thing to do and after about an hour of contemplating, which felt more like a day to him, he decided he should at least talk to her.

With hesitance in his eyes, he went up to the door and after mustering enough courage he pushed the doorbell, not knowing the extent of his newly acquired strength he completely obliterated it with his finger but never the less the bell rang through the house. From above he heard a muffled yell coming from the window in Rarity’s room.

“Ugh! Who in their right mind would disturb a lady at this time of night! This better be important, I’m missing out on my precious beauty sleep! And it was such a tiresome night. Ugh!”

Tom panicked; he never meant to anger Rarity. He never really differentiated between day and night before. He was new to the whole ‘being alive’ thing. He quickly looked left and right for a place to hide but he was too big to conceal himself anywhere and too massive to run away without causing a mild earthquake. Then he had an idea. The door opened and Rarity looked around; there was nobody to be seen. Her face portrayed the look of an extremely irritated pony.

“Ugh! Those no good pranksters! I can’t believe children nowadays, they have no respect or discipline in their lives!”

Rarity slammed the door and walked back up to her room, ranting to vent her anger along the way. Tom gave out a sigh of relief and sat up from the garden in which he had so cleverly ducked and camouflaged himself as an ornamental rock.

Wow, forceful, strong, and beautiful. I have never seen this side of my lady. She really never ceases to amaze me. I guess now that I think about it I should have waited until morning. What was I thinking? I guess I wasn’t, I was just so anxious to be able to finally talk to her. I just lost my head for a moment. I hope she’ll be willing to forgive me. Oh, I hope…

Tom searched for the moon on the sky to figure out the time of the night and the time left until tomorrow.

Well, I guess it’s time to do what I do best - wait. I’ve waited all this time, what’s so bad in waiting a few more hours until sunrise? I wonder what ponies do at night. Hmmm... I guess they... sleep. I spent my entire existence as a rock and I haven’t got a clue as to what sleeping’s supposed to feel like. Rarity mentions that beauty sleep is her key to her beauty, maybe I could become a beautiful prince for her if I tried to sleep. I guess it’s worth a shot, but I’m not really sure how this works. Maybe I just close my eyes and wait? I really don’t know...

==========

Tom sat up all night trying to sleep and then gave up when he realized he must still be incapable of it. This disappointed him in a way, but he had never really had a problem with not being able to sleep before, he had been awake his entire existence after all. Now he just had to wait until morning and he could finally talk to Rarity, his love. All the days and nights he had waited were all leading up to that moment. The moment when he could tell her the feelings he held for her. And now everything was made possible. He was so anxious and excited all at the same time, he could hardly wait, but he did just that. He waited, until Celestia raised the sun the next morning.

It was a gorgeous sunrise, the orb on the skyline was refracted through the water vapor still left in the air from last night’s storm, thus creating a gorgeous rainbow across the sky. The horizon was stained with pink clouds from the rising sun and the air was fresh and moist. Tom decided it was time to try again, hoping not to fail this time. He slowly stood up making sure not to step on any of the flowers in the garden, or those of them that haven’t been affected by the blast. Slowly he walked over to the door and sighed.

Alright! Here I go!

He looked at the now broken door bell and decided to knock instead. He slowly raised his massive arm and knocked several times on the frail, purple painted door and it sounded like somepony was beating it with a sledgehammer. And, exactly like a sledgehammer would, at the third knock the door collapsed from its hinges and fell on the floor.

“Oops.” Said Tom as he clearly never intended to cause any form of property damage.

He then carefully headed inside the boutique, being forced to crouch so as to not hit the ceiling. He was way taller than the average pony and that became obvious the moment he entered.

On a closer inspection, Rarity’s workplace was exactly what he expected from her. It was packed with dresses one more daring than the other.

I remember this place. This is the place where my love spends most of her time, working. These dresses sure look astonishing. Always hardworking, my beautiful Rarity, always pursuing her dreams. It’s a shame I’m not in any of them. Now that I am no longer the horrid boulder she thought me of I think I might be her sweet prince, in rocky armor, after all. I will give her everything she ever wanted. Together, we would be the perfect couple. Tom and Rarity. Tom and Rarity. That sounds so... perfect. I can’t even wait to...

“Hello?” A soft voice interrupted Tom’s train of thought and that made him jump and hit the ceiling of the boutique with his blockhead, causing chalk to fall from the walls.

Tom stared in the direction of the voice and saw a little filly, dressed up in purple pijamas, with a plushie resembling Rarity in her hooves. She had a white and purple striped mane and a splendid coat just like her sister.

It’s her. The little filly Rarity cares for so much. They must be very close to each other and I might have woken her up.

Wait, Is that a plush toy representing my love? Why would she have one? Did my Rarity make her that toy? Actually, I would want one for me… No. What am I thinking? She bears a strange uncanny resemblance to my Rarity. I wonder if they are…

“Can I help you mister?” Sweetie Bell interrupted Tom’s thoughts yet again. The little filly was holding tight to her plushie toy, being visibly scared by the large stony creature in their shop.

Tom prepared to speak for the first time in his new life to somepony, he grunted a little and cleared his throat from the gravel stuck inside and let his voice out, a low toned and scratchy voice that sounded a bit like two stones grinding together was heard. Even so, he managed to mutter out some words.

"Yes, excu-se my rude-ness. I am Tom, and I wish to hav-e a word with Rar-ity, the beau-tiful patron of this mag-nific-ent dress shop and the ow-ner of my heart."

“Hello there, mister Tom. I am Sweetie Belle. Sis is upstairs if you need to talk to her. Be careful, though. She can be a little... grumpy in the morning. Plus, last night was very… scary and loud. She might be tired. She was also pretty angry last night because of some call pranksters that woke her up. I think Pinkie Pie has gone a bit too far this time.”

Tom adopted one of the worst poker faces Equestria has ever seen.

“Yes, prank-sters are quite manner-less crea-tures. I would never do some-thing that rude my entire ex-is-tence. The nerves of some po-nies...”

Sweetie Belle raised an eyebrow but was too tired to accord much attention and rubbed one of her eyes.

“I think I’m going to go back to bed. The storm kept me up most of the night. Man, thunderbolts are so scary sometimes... I could have sworn one of them hit so close last night. It shook the whole house! Scary...”

“Yes, ve-ry sca-ry.” Tom was clearly very bad at telling a lie.

“Well, see you later, mister Tom. I have no clue what kind of outfit my sis will make you, but I know she accepts a challenge when you give her one. Though she may need to go buy more materials for you. I hope you are not in need of an express deal. Bye! Oh, and I really like your accent.”

“Right... S-ee you an-other time, Swee-tie Bel-le.” The rocky creature said a bit confused in his specific accent.

Tom watched the small pony enter her bedroom then he looked up at the elegant staircase before him.

I have a bad feeling about this...

He then carefully took the first step on to it and ascended slowly trying not to break it like he had with the door and the doorbell. With every step the stairs creaked and the house shook a little. He hadn’t gotten the walking thing down quite yet. Halfway through one of the steps cracked under his weight, as his leg pierced through the staircase.

I’m in so much trouble now…

He then proceeded to release his leg from the confines of its wooden prison with some difficulty and he continued upwards, this time being careful to distribute his weight evenly. As he approached the top he noticed a door embellished with purple drawings of flowers and leaves. He curiously approached it and gently nudged it open to reveal Rarity’s bedroom. Of this he was sure. It was a room filled with cosmetic products, mirrors, dozens of dresses and a queen sized bed with purple sheets in which Rarity was sleeping with her mane clenched in curlers. Tom was admiring his love’s beauty from such a close distance that he was at the peak of his happiness.

Oh, by Celestia’s grace, she is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. She’s like an angel sleeping above in the clouds. My little sleeping beauty. I could watch her like this for hours, she is so breathtakingly beautiful.

Tom wanted to take a closer look and began slowly approaching her bed, struggling not to make any noise. Step by step, the orbs taking the place of his eyes grew wider. He was so close to reuniting with her. The diamond in his chest started to shine regularly in brief strobe lights. His eyes were pinned on her beauty and that led him to not pay any attention to where he was stepping and his foot tripped over a loose log in the parquet and plummeted to the floor making a loud muffled noise.

Rarity jumped from her bed and into her karate stance.

“What’s that? Who’s there?” She yelled as she scanned the surroundings, finally eyeing the sprawled out rock golem in her bedroom. Tom stepped up and rubbed his head to recover his senses then looked Rarity in the eyes. The sight made Tom smile like a fool. He was preparing for this moment his entire life and this was his chance to confess his feelings for her.

“Rar-ity, I...”

But he could not finish his sentence as he was met with the hard end of a broom Rarity took in her magic grip.

"Get out of my home you ruffian! I will call the local police, no, I will call the royal guards to make you pay for your intrusion! You, you, criminal scum!" Rarity screamed in self-defense.

Tom covered his head with his hands to find some protection from Rarity’s wrath.

“Plea-se, list-en to me my lov-e! I’m...” Rarity struck Tom once more with the broom before he could finish.

“Get out of my house! Get out! Get out you atrocious monstrosity! Go back to the mountains where you belong and never come back in this town again to disturb the well-being of us, good citizens of Equestria!” Rarity was focused on chasing the intruder out of her home.

Why is this happening to me? This was not what I imagined it would be like at all. Ouch!

With a swift knock in the knees by Rarity’s broom, Tom lost his balance and ended up crashing through the second story window, fragment of glass falling with him.

I hate this part…

Tom felt a deja-vu. He experienced a similar incident with one of Rarity’s friends, a certain lavender unicorn, who threw him out of a window of her library. It wasn’t a pleasant feeling at all. For the whole ordeal Sweetie Bell had arrived to see what the whole ruckus was about and she watched intently from the door, a little confused and scared.

Tom face-planted the ground and laid there, this time moaning in his newly acquired voice.

Rarity was panting heavily and then proceeded to look out the window to the now chased out intruder. Sweetie Belle shortly arrived by her side, looking pretty concerned.

“Wh-What happened? I thought Mister Tom was your friend. Rarity, isn’t Mister Tom your friend?”

"Is this some kind of joke? This, this creature broke into my home. Who knows what he might have done to you if I wasn't... That's it! I'm fire-mailing the police."

Then Rarity stopped suddenly and turned toward her sister with a shocked expression. “Come again?”

Sweetie looked guilty. “I thought you and Mister Tom knew each other. I’m sorry for telling him where you were. I didn’t mean to cause any harm. I’m sowwy…” The little filly started to pout and tear up like a child. Rarity knew better and held her little sister in her arms and looked again at the moaning rocky creature in her garden.

“So... Mister Tom, you say? But that is a stone golem… How...?”

Tom rolled around the ground and faced the window from which he was plunged from and looked Rarity in the eyes once again.

“I’m sor-ry. I’m so sor-ry, my lov-e. I nev-er in-tend-ed to ang-er you. I’m... I’m sor-ry...”

I’m so pathetic... This was not my idea of a happy reunion at all. Tom thought to himself as he bowed his head down in shame. It was easier being a boulder than facing all this shame…

Rarity turned away from the golem and faced her sister.

“Sweetie Belle, darling. Please pack your things and go to Fluttershy’s place for the rest of the day.”

“But...”

“No ‘buts’, missy. I think this is a bad place for you right now. Plus, I think someone has a lot of explaining to do.” And Rarity pierced the living stone with her gaze, making him gulp the gravel that was left in his throat.

“I’m in de-ep, de-ep trou-ble, aren’t I?”

Comments ( 20 )
#1 · Oct 23rd, 2011 · · ·

HAHA, Lolwuterry

A certain picture I saw on EqD is preventing me from reading this.....


I might be back....

I personally think this story is amazing.

I am now intrigued.

It's nice to see a non-pony non-human OC. So Rarity, what do you think of your new love-interest? :raritycry:

#6 · Oct 24th, 2011 · · ·

I rofled.

#7 · Oct 24th, 2011 · · ·

this kicks ass

Wow, you guys like it. This makes me glad.

The story has been rejected twice from ED because it needed some polishing. They have pretty high standards. Do you want me to write more or should I tend to this chapter and submit it? :twilightsmile:

17594 I for one would love you to keep going with the story, sadly I am still new to the brony community so the amount of prestige you gain from being accepted from EqD is unknown to me. Either way, great work!

17617
It usually means you get more readers. :raritywink:

I need more. MORE.:pinkiecrazy::heart:

I am not going to lie, at first I was think how dumb of an Idea this was, but now that I have read this I am mad there is no more to read. this is shockingly fantastic!! PLease I would love to read more, a lot more!

:twilightblush::rainbowkiss:

At first, like the person before me said, I was thinking that this idea would be very awkward, weird, and somewhat foolish. However, after I gave it a chance and read through it, I was highly impressed. You use perfect details, I couldn't find any mistakes, and it was actually a very good opening to (I hope) several more chapters. That happening to Tom is hilariously cute and adorable, and I would really love to see more, should you continue this. Very nice job for doing something completely different; I think you succeeded thus far! :raritystarry:

24465
The new chapter is in progress. Long chapter is long. On a side note, each new chapter will take place in a new MLP episode.
For example, the prologue took place after episode 2 of season 2. Chapter 3 will take place in episode 3. Chapter 4 in ep 4. And so on. All of this will be done without disturbing the general plot of each episode, just adding a little 'extra' with Tom in it. After season 2 is over, I'll make a grand finale to this series. You'll see.

Glad you liked it,
Loop.:twilightsmile:

24465
24471
Edit: Actually, chapter 1 will take place shortly after episode 2, not chapter 3. Then chapter 2 will take place in episode 3. Chapter 3 in episode 4, and so on.
Sorry about that. :twilightsheepish:

Please update. :fluttercry:

How's progress coming, loopuleasa?

I am going to say this now. MOAR! Best Rock + Becoming A Golem = win.
That is all.

I know this isn't over, I am just as bad on updating. Hehe.

And so, I wait.

Login or register to comment