• Published 29th May 2014
  • 1,641 Views, 8 Comments

My Little Dissy - DazzleDust24



I was a no name, average young woman living in an average, no name town. Until a box ends up at my door step in the middle of a storm and my life changes forever. Now I'm the mother of the spirit of chaos... and life could not get any harder.

  • ...
2
 8
 1,641

Part 3: Adoption

Author's Note:

Comment Responses:

alarajrogers: Unfortunately, I've run into one of the major problems with writing a story. Plot holes. However, the human imagination should find a way around it or even just ignore it and enjoy the ride. It was mentioned she researched the show, so she could already know Discord is the only draconequus (what they say he is) on the show. Or he responded to his name quickly like he already knew it. Or any solution you might think of, this is just one of the stresses of writing. Dang plot holes...
Zaralann: Thanks! More to come!
BlueMoon865: I appreciate the input.

PREVIOUSLY...
He started calming down, I think he listened to my heart beating in my chest, and his eyes drifted off and closed with a tiny smile on his face. I felt a grin on my lips from the fact that I had caused this bliss and peace to another soul. It was incredible. To be a care taker for another. The best feeling in the world.
I closed my eyes, pulling Discord close to me like a teddy bear, and slowly fell asleep... for the first time in a long time... with a smile.


Part 3

Whining.
I groggily groaned and turned over in bed. I didn't want to get up yet, not even the sun is up yet, not even god is awake yet!
Whining.
Something pushed up against my back. What, did I have something up against me? What was in my bed... while I was sleeping in it?
A long, loud whine.
Uuuuuuuuugh. Five more minutes. I had a long night last night... with... my little pony... Discord... SHIT!
I shot straight up in bed and turned to my side where Discord had curled up and slept in my embrace the previous night. There he was, sitting on the floor and hopping up and down while whining. Holy shit last night was real...
"Oh god," I mumbled. Discord just kept whining, his volume getting louder and louder as he hopped on the floor. "What's wrong with you, buddy?" He kept bouncing, the whimpers becoming more and more pleading sounding. Almost kinda like when I was a kid and I had to go...
SHIT TO THE TITS!
I hopped out of bed, throwing the covers off onto the floor, and grabbed Discord for the downstairs bathroom.
It did not turn out well...
Five minutes later and Discord had been fine, but I was stuck cleaning up a mess that included shampoo, body wash, conditioner, lotions, ointment, tissues, toilet paper, cotton swabs, and... others. How it got that bad, I'm not gonna explain since I don't even want to remember myself but I will say I found out what animal his 'special' anatomy was modeled after.
I had a washcloth in hand as I washed away the mess on the floor of the small bathroom. When I looked up at Discord sitting on the closed toilet seat, I saw he was frowning and close to tears.
"Hey, hey, hey. No crying now." I let go of the wet cloth to pick him up and set him on my lap. "Accidents happen, but that's how we learn. It wasn't your fault." I smoothed back his hair and kissed his forehead, getting him to stop frowning and nudge his head into my chest. He ended up smearing a mix of the different lotions and cleaning products on my shirt. It was then I realized he was a mess as well. So, I finished up the cleaning and started on my next job. Giving this supposed baby god of chaos a bath.


"Come on Discord! It's just water! It won't kill you!" He kicked against me as I tried lowering him into the water I had prepared in the tub.
Seriously, was I this hard to deal with as a kid? I know there's like no kids in the world who actually like baths but was I this bad? What about my brothers? I'm sure my mom had a hell of a time dealing with them.
"Discord just get in the water! You're covered head to toe in barely even god knows what!"
He still fought against me. Finally I had just had enough and let him go and land on his feet on the floor. I was not losing to a toddler spirit... god... creature... thing.
"Ok, what's so bad about the bath? I made sure it wasn't too hot, or too cold, I put in bubbles, I got washcloths that aren't all scratchy, just where is the problem?"
He pouted, crossing his arms and looking away from me and down towards the floor instead.
"Alright! That's it!" I threw my arms up in the air. "I'm done! Be a mess for all I care!" I yelled. Done! That's all I could be now! I was fighting a losing battle.
I turned my back on him, not caring anymore. It was about then I heard a whimper. I had to keep telling myself to not turn around, to not show I wanted to comfort him. I had to stay strong!
Another little whimper, followed by a sniffle, and I broke.
'I hate myself, I hate myself, I freakin' hate myself!'
I turned back around and knelt back down to Discord's level, pulling him into my arms. His little paw and claw held my larger frame tightly. I have the distinct feeling he doesn't like being ignored.
I pulled away to look at him again. "Ok, now can you tell me what the problem is?"
He blushed, looking at the water and sighing. God damnit! This would be easier if he could just talk! Is this what my mom had to go through? Actually she probably did. When I was six I refused to get in the tub unless there were-
IDEA!
"Hey! I know! How about some bubbles!" I smiled.
Discord's ears perked up. His eyes starting to light up and his mouth smiling. That was it! He's supposed to love chaos! The bath is too boring!
I grabbed some old bubble bath I had in the closet. I haven't used it in a long time, I used to take long baths for my stress levels about the time I started my stupid job.
Pouring in a cup, I drained water and then added some more to create the forest of white bubbles. The look on his face when he saw the bath foaming up was just... hilarious! That little smile going from small to large as the bubble towers got higher and higher.
"Alright bud, will you get in n- AH!" I tried shielding my face from the splash of water and bubbles as Discord cannonballed into the tub. Well, with everything already wet I don't have to worry about him splashing at least.


"Alright!" I said while drying off Discord's hair with a towel. Giving him a bath, NOT easy! He splashes, he yells, he laughs, he dives underwater and pretends he's a submarine!
"Well I needed a shower too anyways," I said as I picked up the giggling spirit. Heading back to my room, I got a fresh change of clothes on as Discord waited at the door. Just like I told him, he was turned around and not looking. With a fresh T-shirt, yoga pants, socks and necessities I picked him up and went to the kitchen to make breakfast.
A measuring cup filled with chocolate chips and pancake batter later I had some delicious chocolate chip pancakes served up. The little guy hungrily chewed up the fluffy chocolate cakes as he opted to sit in my lap this morning. I was eating my food, but I had more pressing matters on my mind. Like how the fuck is any of this even happening?
I'm now convinced I'm not just crazy. THE Discord is sitting in my lap eating chocolate chip pancakes. It's actually happening despite the fact this is technically impossible. Is it possible that all of the characters are real? Maybe right now some guy somewhere ended up with a filly Celestia or Luna, or hell, even Twilight Sparkle! Oh god, this is a freakin' fan fiction come true... of course it's me, of course! Ok, let's just list the facts we know right now.
One: Discord is real and currently getting pancake all over my shirt.
Two: Somehow, Discord got regressed in age to about a toddler level.
Three: I am most likely screwed.
Four: Since Discord is real, there is a strong chance all other characters are real as well.
Ok, good. Good. Good. I have a list of facts to work from. Well, number three is definitely gonna come true. But now comes the hard part. What do I do with him? I don't want to leave him all alone in this world. Humans already hurt other humans, what horrible torture would they do to this sweet little boy. No. Leaving him alone is not an option. But then what?
I have no idea how I'm supposed to raise a- a- fucking god/spirit/chimera/thing! People can't see him if he stays here, though the family does call often but don't visit much. The whole reason I moved this far was distance. I had to get back on my feet on my own, but they were there if I needed them. I don't have any neighbors that walk this far in order to visit, but some of the nicer ones will come and offer invitations to parties or community celebrations. Most of the time I decline respectfully. Plus I have a huge backyard because of the forest right behind me, giving me lots of seclusion.
I don't have a lot of money though. Plus if I start asking my family to wire money they'll know something's up. I have my savings, but I was always putting that way to go back to college one day and- OH who the hell am I kidding?! I'll never go back! It's just a lie I keep telling myself so I feel like I have some plan for the rest of my life! Now? Now I'd rather use that money to raise this little guy in need of a true home. I want it. I want it so much! I want what Derek, that bastard, stole from me! I want to be a mom!
A burp made me snap out of my thoughts. Discord was smiling, looking up at me with syrup and pancake all over his face. I felt myself giggle. "Now look at you. I think you got more on you than in you." His response was a cheeky smile and licking his face of leftovers.
"Alright now, I think you've had enough. It's a good thing this shirt is old." I proceeded to wipe his face clean, him squirming under my grasp while I cleaned his face with a warm washcloth. He was so cute, so tiny.
'Maybe this was meant to happen,' crossed my mind. 'Maybe this is my second chance. Another shot at being a mom. A final jab at that bastard, child killing Derek.'
I kissed Discord's forehead, emanating a purr from him. "What would you think about staying here with me?" I asked him with a gentle smile. His smile back was all I needed. Though I'm not entirely sure he could understand what I meant, the implication I would pretty much be adopting him as my son. But, he was happy staying here. Probably just thinking I was better than the storm that tore through here last night. Actually, what if that had something to do with him being here? Well, I can find out all this in due time.
I had to clean the table, stick the dishes in the sink in some soapy water, AND change my shirt; but Discord finished his breakfast and was content. I set him in the living room on the couch, sitting next to him and flicking on the television. I flipped through channel after channel, finding nothing after nothing. Eventually I settled on some kind of home improvement show and got off the couch to get a drink.
I grabbed a Coke from the fridge then planted myself back on the couch with Discord. He seemed mesmerized by the moving colors on the TV. That's so cute. He watches the people renovate the house, tilting his head when they talk and he understands key words. I singled out 'home', 'people', 'money', and 'family'. Why those specific ones I'm not sure but there were also other times he responded.
By noon I was hungry again and Discord's stomach gave a little growl. I decided to fix up something nice for his first lunch here. So I ordered pizza. ...Yeah, fixed something up, right...
So when the pizza got here, I led Discord to my room and closed the door, telling him to stay put while I got the food. I might have over reacted when I locked the door, but what can I say? Mother's instinct to protect her child. And Discord is my child.
We had a nice lunch of half pepperoni and half pineapple pizza plus a two liter Sprite. I was able to catch on quickly that Discord actually had a taste for pineapple. He actually picked off the pineapples on his slice first and ate them before the pizza. I sipped on Sprite through a straw, watching an episode of 'Modern Family' with Discord. I felt myself getting a bit antsy, it happens when I have nothing to do and that's usually when I need to take up some kind of project. Normally I hop on my laptop and do a little updating on my different favorites and websites, like Facebook. But now, I had a much bigger project to take over.


Upstairs I coughed up dust and cobwebs after moving another box out of my spare room. This was harder than I expected. I knew I had let things pile up in here, but I see a stack of boxes going all the way to the ceiling. How did I let it get this bad? I need to have a stern talking to with myself when this is done!
I spit out some dust. Dear god I think there was a dead bug in that one! I squealed and Discord laughed from his seat upon a step stool set on top of a storage box.
I narrowed my eyes at him and smiled mischievously. "Oh you think that's funny hm?" I grabbed him and held him up above my head as he stared down at me, confused and a little worried. "Well how do you like this?"
I lowered him down and pressed my lips to his little tummy, blowing air into it and making him squeal. He squirmed in my grasp at the raspberries on his chest but he laughed like there was no tomorrow at the tickling sensation.
Through it all I had on a smile. This was my son, my life now. Despite how wrong this seems, and all the shit I had to go through, I'm glad I had him now.

Author's Note 2:
I'm not dead!
I'm sorry for the long time with no updates, but I had a more personal issue I had to deal with. Instead I chose to focus on drawing rather than writing. I'm trying really hard to get out of the funk.
Hopefully I can still fit this into my life. I'm trying and failing at battling depression. Sorry if you like this and I bummed you out with the long break.

Comments ( 5 )

OHMYGOSH!!! Oh, why wasn't I told that this story updated!? I love this, just so much. I do hope you are feeling better.

This is adorable!!!!!????????

Are you going to do the next chapter?

9530738
Considering the fact that this story hasn't been updated in 6 years, i'm guessing not

Login or register to comment