• Published 21st Feb 2014
  • 2,429 Views, 50 Comments

Greatest Tank Battles: Pony-Griffon War - cellum95



With their backs turned, the ponies are now facing multiple defeats at the hands of the Griffons. But, both sides will be shocked, and to the relief of the the ponies, the tanks will save them.

  • ...
4
 50
 2,429

Battle for Appleloosa-Part 1

After their humiliating defeat in the hands of the humans, the Griffon Army had retreated going south, all the way back to Appleloosa. Appleloosa is where most of the relatives of the Apple Family resides in, and all of them are hiding in their Apple bunker, safe for now. The Royal Guards realized that in order to get the Griffon Army out of the Equestria, they must strike quickly, and decisively. In Canterlot, the untouched capital, the Mane 6 and the Royal Guards are now planning to get the southern part of Equetsria back.

"So all of us are planning to recapture Appleloosa?" Shining Armor, Captain of the Royal Guards, asked.

"Yes sir. In accordance to that, we have to rescue Applejack's relatives from the Griffons grasp." Spitfire, Captain of the Wonderbolts, replied. The reply wanted to make Applejack cry, but she couldn't. She must be strong to be here.

"Captains, which to speak, did anyone of you know the force of the Griffons in Appleloosa?" Princess Twilight asked. In truth, none of the Captains ever done a recon mission before, because they were too preoccupied for the defense of Equestria. In response, they just shook their heads as a 'no' reply.

"Hmm....We have no idea how many Griffons are there in Appleloosa, and we didn't even decided yet on how to recapture it. We must think about it." Princess Celestia said. While the ponies are still pondering on how they could recapture the lost southern province, elsewhere, the Allies have a plan. Their plan, is to use the German Blitzkrieg in accordance with artillery, air and, if possible, sea support. The humans are gearing up for the upcoming battle, and they are massive in accordance to the strength of the Griffons. With over 5.6 million troops, 34,000 heavy guns, and over 10,000 tanks, the humans are prepared to attack Appleloosa.

But first, they must address the possibility of air attacks by the Griffons. They knew, thanks to the Americans, that Griffons have the ability to use zeppelins, and could possibly be a threat to their attack. The only solution is to eliminate them, and the answer is an air strike. At 7:15 am, thousands of aircrafts were deployed to destroy the zeppelins at their air bases. The griffons were still sleeping, so when the air attack commenced, their loud snoring causes everyone to be deaf at the destruction of their zeppelins. Thousands of zeppelins, used for troop transport and heavy support, were destroyed at ease by the superior aircrafts of the Allies. After the successful air attack, the humans could now address another problem, the crossing of the River Equis.

The River Equis is a river system wherein it divides the desert lands of Appleloosa to the lands of the north. If the Allies could cross this, they could secure their bridgehead for the attack. And their Egyptian allies is a master of river crossing thanks to their practice in the Suez Canal. The entrance to the desert lands were flat, so they could see that none of the Griffons were smart enough to hold their advance. The Egyptians moved in to secure vital bridgeheads for the Allies to cross with. While they were doing it, the Egyptians and their allies are in constant alert, weary that the Griffons could attack them at any time, anywhere. But there was none, and soon the bridges Iver, Osiris, Re, Seth and Victoria were set. The Allies began their crossing of the Suez Canal, and soon enough, they made it, in one piece at least. Now, it's time for their attack. Their plan, is to divide and destroy Griffons ranks, and secure Appleloosa to ensure that the Griffons will not come back.

In the west, masses of Israeli men and armor charge at lightning speed in accordance with the plan. Their objective, is to capture the strategic port city of Applevine. At 10:50 am, the Israeli army were now closing at their objective. The griffons were now awake, but still drowsy, and are now beginning their exercises when the noises of tanks are now heard.When they have visions of it, they were shocked to see the mysterious army were now charging at them, firing their weapons as they come closer and closer. Masses of Griffons were now scrambling for them to get their equipment, but when they now got to wear their armor, the buildings were they are now collapsed, killing all of the Griffons inside. For four days and three nights, Israeli Army and the Griffons Army clashed, to see which would control the port city. Weapons were fired, blood were splashed around, and finally, in the fifth day at dawn, the Griffons Army was utterly wiped out, leaving the Israeli's victorious with their speedy advance. With the capture of Applevine, the Griffons grasp in Appleloosa started to crumble, as other armies of the Allies will crush them, one by one, building by building, and securing victory for the Equestrians.

Author's Note:

Part 1 for the Battle for Appleloosa is here! Israeli perspective first in this, the next is the German perspective.

Sorry if I didn't even add the tanks that were used, but here they are:

*M48 Patton
*Centurion

Comments ( 11 )

Bring in the KV-2
Derp gun :D

4090672 XD Derp derp derp.:derpytongue2:

so these humans come from a world where they are all allies:unsuresweetie:............cool:pinkiesmile:

4090763 Yes basically. Equality if you know what I mean.

Israel didn't exist in during WW2 and their army was very good then ether

4091368 I actually mixed up the episodes from Greatest Tank Battles

4549601 XD Slab of German Steel.

4090763 It is because of this my people are able to build such brutal machines of pure destruction.

Im waiting for the german hoovy tanks hehe :pinkiecrazy:

Use a Char B1 bis, a SU-152, and/or a Sturmgeschütz Ferdinand.

Login or register to comment