• Published 21st Feb 2014
  • 2,428 Views, 50 Comments

Greatest Tank Battles: Pony-Griffon War - cellum95



With their backs turned, the ponies are now facing multiple defeats at the hands of the Griffons. But, both sides will be shocked, and to the relief of the the ponies, the tanks will save them.

  • ...
4
 50
 2,428

Siege for Hoofington

While the Germans strikes a victory in the Battle of Great Plains, at Hoofington is an entirely different story. The Griffons are now besieging the entire Equestrian City, and the Royal Guards are now being pushed back towards the Hoofington River. With all hopes lost, the Royal Guards are now praying hard that reinforcements would come to their rescue, hoping that the siege would end.

What they don't know, is that their prayers would be answered.

>Hoofington, 5th Day of the Siege<

The Royal Guards are now at the verge of being run over like a wheel by the Griffon juggernaut. They are now holding the line against the Griffons, most are young recruits, inexperienced in combat. But at the east of the besieged city, a Russian tank Battalion is rushing towards Hoofington to lift the siege.

The Russian 6th Tank Battalion is comprised of ten-thousand men, one-hundred artillery, and one-hundred tanks. Outnumbered by the mighty 10th Griffon Army, the Russians fearlessly charge at the Griffons, hoping to lift the spirits of the besieged 12th Royal Guard Division. The Russians, knowing that time is running for their pony comrades, race in, turning towards the bridge to make their move.

At 12:00 noon, with the Griffons pushing, and the Russians now at the east side of the river, that's what exactly the Russians do. The Royal Guards are now hearing 'booming' noises, that it's hitting the ground, more like the siege of the Griffons before them. But this time, when they saw the Griffons, the Griffons were being killed by it. Russian Artillery continues to barrage the city, killing as much Griffons as possible for their tanks to have little trouble fighting them.

As the Russian artillery barrage settles down, the Royal Guards are now hearing squeaking noises from behind, and when they turned their heads, they could 'beasts' crossing the river, with bipedal creatures crossing with them. The Russian tanks are now pouring in towards Hoofington, making the Royal Guards job to defend the city much easier.

The Russian T-34 is the backbone of the Soviet armored core. Weighing just 26 tons and having the 76 mm Main Gun, it it is the workhorse of the Red Army. The Royal Guards, on the other hand, are now blankly staring at the 6th Tank Battalion. One of the bipedal creatures, presumably their leader, is now walking towards them. Sergeant Van Hoof walk forward, greeting:

"Hello! My name is Sergeant Van Hoof. What is your name?" The bipedal creature stopped, kneeling to eye level and replied:

"Hello Van Hoof. My name is Lt. Alexander Khrisilov, leader of the 6th Tank Battalion. Your the leader of this army?"

"Yes. Unfortunately, the 12th Royal Guard Division is having heavy casualties, and I could not afford it." Alexander stood up, not even replying to Van Hoof's statement, and commands the battalion in Russian to charge at the enemy, the Griffons. The Russians, with a last preparation check, attacks. The Griffons were caught off-guard to see hundreds of T-34 Tanks charging at them, and they know throw spears, arrows and anything that would kill the Russian tanks. Sadly, it didn't even work. The Russian tanks storms the Griffon Army., and the Griffons are now, originally the hunters, now became the hunted.

The T-34 Tanks fires their Main 76 mm Gun, often killing multiple Griffons at the time. The Griffons, desperate to stop the Russian menace, still keeps firing their arrows, but it's no use for them. The sloping armor of the T-34's just shrug off the incoming attack, like it was just nothing to compare with. With guns still blazing, the T-34 tanks, with infantry support, charge fearlessly, and they will fight to the death if they have to. With ninety-percent of their army wiped out, the remaining Griffons tried to flee to the south, but they have a bigger problem. Rushing in from the south-west is the Russian 8th Tank Battalion. With their KV-1's ready, they begin their counter-move.

The KV-1(Kliment Voroshilov) Heavy Tanks is a 45 ton monster, with 90 mm of armor and a deadly 76 mm Gun, it's all impervious to Griffon attacks. The Griffons, shocked to see the 8th Tank Battalion, the Griffons turns around, only to find out that the T-34's are still chasing them. The KV-1's and the T-34's fire their 76 mm Main Gun, utterly wiping out the Griffon Army for good, lifting the Siege of Hoofington.

The Royal Guards, totally watching the carnage, cannot believe their eyes. The Russians, not fearing of death, charged at the Griffons and wiping their enemy's army out of action. With their victory against the Griffons, the Russians heads out, leaving the Royal Guards wondering where are they going.

Author's Note:

Chapter 2 of this story is out! Fuck yeah!

Sorry for the shortness of this chapter, but hey:

FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!