• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 1,306 Views, 20 Comments

Obsessive Compulsive - Scourge012



Twilight Sparkle has developed OCD. When she begins to feel like something is missing from her schedule, she wracks her brain in an attempt to find what she's lost. This is her side of the story.

  • ...
8
 20
 1,306

Obsessive Compulsive

...Hello.

My name is Twilight Sparkle. I am thirty-two years old, and I suffer from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Basically, this condition is when ponies have unwanted and repeated thoughts, behaviours, feelings, or ideas. In other words, my life is a systematic pattern. I developed this condition about three years after becoming a princess.

Now you're probably thinking, "How can an alicorn princess like me help rule over a nation?". Well, the other princesses were very kind when they found out about my little... difference. There are even times when I kind of like it. I never have the huge workload I used to, and life is simple. Everything just seems to fit into place.

I do miss Spike, though. Once he got a little older, he moved away. He began his training to be a part of Celestia's royal guard just a few months ago. I hope it works out for him. I'm sure he'll be great at it.

My friends still come and visit me, although not as often as they used to. I don't live in the library anymore, Celestia said I would be more efficient if I wasn't running a library and tending to my royal duties at the same time. So, they moved me to a nice house beside the ponyville lake, and I drive my magically drawn carriage, or car as some ponies had began calling them, to work every day at the new addition to the mayor's office where I do what needs doing.

But yesterday, I experienced a break in my own system.

I awoke at exactly 6:45 in the morning as I do every morning. Before opening the door to leave my room I touched the doorknob with my hoof three time. I have to. I need to.

On my way down to the stairs to my kitchen I made absolutely sure not to step on the second last step. I never touch that step. I just can't.

I made my usual breakfast of black coffee and a marigold sandwich on toasted bread. I never eat anything else in the morning, just those two.

Levitating my coffee, I opened my door to find the Ponyville daily newspaper sitting on my doorstep as it was every morning. I picked it up and brought it inside with me.

As I sipped my coffee, I opened it and began to browse the local news headlines, like usual. But today, something was... missing.

I couldn't put my hoof on it. Had I forgotten something? This strange feeling stayed with me all the way to my carriage. As I stepped outside, I made sure to lock my front door, then unlock it and lock it again.

As I drove to work, I felt like a part of me was missing. What did I miss? How could I possibly have missed it?

I thought the feeling would leave my mind while I was at work that day. It didn't. That feeling stayed with me for twelve whole hours.

I left my office at exactly 6:45 PM to go back to my house.

About twenty-five minutes from my home, I stopped for a traffic light at the intersection for Marebury and Westway.

When the light turned green, though, I felt that strange feeling again, but stronger. I was alone, save the stallion driving the carriage behind me. He blared his horn for me to move along, but instead of accelerating, I rolled down my window and motioned for him to go around me. He did.

I just sat there, stopped at the intersection. Something is seriously wrong. What am I missing here?

I started touching everything in my car, hoping that something, anything would spark my memory. I touched the dashboard, the leather seats, the emergency brake, even the roof. It did nothing for me.

My hooves were trembling as I slowly drove away. This isn't right. I don't like this.

Upon my arrival at my lakeside home, I parked the carriage in my garage. I wash my car every weekday. Never on weekends. I only ever wash the front and the back. Never the sides. No matter how dirty they get, I never wash the sides. I simply just can't.

But the feeling came back again as I washed. Another gap in my routine. No. Not again. First the news, then the intersection, now this?

Struggling to stay calm, I jogged to my backyard. Only jog. Never walk, never run.

As I opened my tool shed, I felt yet another thing missing from my pattern.

I screamed.

"This isn't right! This isn't right! This isn't right!"

I maged to stumble out of the shed and gaze out at the lake. It's surface was like a sheet of glass. It always seemed to calm me when my emotions got out of control. But tonight, all I wanted to do was sleep, I needed to finish this day.

-----

I awoke the next morning at 6:45 AM. Touched the doorknob three times. Made sure not to touch the second to last step on my way to the kitchen. I prepared my black coffee and marigold sandwich. Then I opened todays newspaper. Browsed the news headlines.

...It's still missing...

I became aggravated. What could I be missing?

Hurrying out the door in a rage, I locked the door, unlocked it, locked it again. Then I drove off to work.

Surprisingly, I almost always get a lot of work done when I'm angry, so I at least felt a twinge of accomplishment as I left the office at 6:45 PM and got into my carriage.

I drove fast on my way home. Very fast.

What... am... I... missing?

I approached the red light at Marebury a Westway.

Come on... Think... Think!

A mare was walking in the middle of the intersection, on her way to the other side.

Why can't I remember!?

Her head spun and her crossed eyes attempted to focus on my car that was speeding towards her at eighty-five miles per hour.

I noticed her too. A wave of horror crossed over my face as I watched her dive to one side in an attempt to dodge my carriage and reach the other side of the road, using her wings to gain extra distance.

I swerved into the same direction. A loud clunk was made as I crushed the mare under my vehicle.

As I jumped out of my car, I hesitated on what to do. She lay there, wings and legs broken, writhing in a growing pool of blood, making terrible guttural wails.

I popped open the trunk on the back of my carriage and heaved her in with my telekinesis. I drove.

When I arrived at my garage, I made sure to wash the blood off the front and rear of my vehicle. The sides were not necessary.

After dragging her broken body out to my backyard, I jogged out to my shed. Inside it I found black garbage bags, cinderblocks, and a hacksaw.

After dismembering the pegasus, I was able to fit both her remains and a cinderblock into one of the bags.

Dropping it into the lake was all there was left to do.

-----

The next morning, I made sure to wake up at exactly 6:45 AM and touch my doorknob three times before skipping the second to last step on my way to the kitchen. While eating my sandwich and drinking my black coffee, I read the local newspaper.

The top headline: Hit and Run Serial Killer Strikes Again.

I smiled.








Back to normal.

Author's Note:

Okay, so that was my first attempt to write a one shot.
Also my first attempt at writing something creepy.
This story was heavily based off a creepypasta a Reddit user wrote. You can find them in the description for this story.
Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!
-Scourge012

(And in case you were wondering, magically powered carriages like the Flim Flam brother's ride have become the norm for travel in equestria at this point, as the story takes place several years after the show.)

Comments ( 20 )

....................... this story is rather stupid................ why the hell does twilight need a car if she flies? shakes head.............. and was she using a JETSONS can to hit a god damn pegasus?

3739713 ..........somewhat of a point. ocd is when the compulsion gets REALLY impossible to control.

3739700
I don't know why you would think it was a flying car. :unsuresweetie: The vehicle driven by the Flim Flam brother clearly has wheels and is powered by magic.
And Twilight is seen pulled around by a chariot when she could have simply flown in the show, so I don't really see your point.

3739911 those are vehicles powered by magic and or pulled around.......... a car has a combustion engine, whic they do not seem to have.
not to mention facotrs like ponies smelling blood on twilight.

3740006
Her vehicle is powered by magic, though. It says so in the story. :applejackunsure:And car is a short word for carriage. (At least in my cannon.)

Also, She is never out in public after killing a pony, either, so I don't see how somepony could smell blood on her.

Well... That happened. :rainbowderp:

:facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof:

That ending. Your understanding of obsessive compulsive disorder. Take all of my facehooves. All of them.

3741874
For Twilight, Killing ponies has become an involuntary action she is so accustomed to that she does it without realizing; because it's not something she cares enough to think about. On the other hand, reading the headline is something Twilight cares about, so she thinks about it each day. She's not forgetting that she killed ponies, she's just disregarding it because that's not what's important to her. When she looks at the news and doesn't see the headline she doesn't think "That's because I didn't kill anypony," what she does think is "Something important is missing"

Although yes, I'm not a psychologist, :unsuresweetie: so I may not have all of my facts right, but did enjoy writing this story.

3743461 That's...yeah, not how OCD works, no. She'd have to be completely psychotic for that to be a thing, at which point it stops being OCD and starts being schizophrenia.

I'm pretty offended, honestly.

3743526
Oh, my bad.
That makes sense, but I wasn't really aware I had crossed that line.
(Guess I should a done a tiny bit more research, first.)

3743586 Yeah.

This story has some decent potential, but OCD is a very complicated disease and because of the horrible, paralyzing guilt that comes with it (imagine every bad thing you've ever done playing back in your head over and over and over again), people with OCD are actually the least dangerous people in the world, statistically. So you should have done some research on this and considered why ponies would be driving to begin with before writing a story like this.

That said, you had good execution (despite the grammar) and buildup, even if you did hammer it into our heads that Twilight has OCD a little.

Oh, and another thing, Twilight almost certainly already does have OCD. Her obsession is with fears that her friends and loved ones secretly hate her and wish to reject her, and her compulsions are symmetry and list making.

Thank you for the apology, also. :twilightsmile:

3743601
No problem.
Thank You for the constructive criticism! :pinkiehappy:

3743746 I wish you all the best on your next effort.

Oh. My. God. That ending.

4469916
I'm glad you liked it! :pinkiehappy:
I wrote this as more of a test than anything, but I'm still rather proud of it. :twilightsmile:

4471603 You should be. There are a few flaws with the medical aspect- which, I think, could be ironed out with a bit of exposition- and it could be tighter, but still. It's a very effective and frankly quite horrifying piece.

4476639
Thanks!
I appreciate it. :pinkiehappy:

...
...
...
...
I'm under my blanket now.

5527545 That was exactly what I was going for! Thanks:twilightsmile:

Okay that. . . Happened. . .

Login or register to comment