• Published 21st Dec 2013
  • 872 Views, 4 Comments

Detective Pie - Episodes from Manehattan - Random Gamer



After solving her first case, Pinkie Pie and her assistant are tasked with solving various crimes, both big and small, in Manehattan.

  • ...
0
 4
 872

Of Pinkie and Watson

The following day, at Pinkie and Twilight's room at the hotel.

"Pinkie, why is this place such a mess?" asked Twilight. "And why did you set up an alchemy lab in the bathroom?!"

"I'm trying science Twilight!" said Pinkie. "And so far, it worked." Twilight found an unconscious room service stallion laying behind Pinkie's chair.

"What did you to the room service?!" Twilight tried to wake him up, but to no success.

"You mean OUR room service," replied Pinkie and took out a violin from seemingly nowhere. "Just gave him a dose of something I was working on. He'll wake up... eventually." Pinkie begun playing the violin with her hooves as if it was a guitar, carefully strumming a melody.

"Have you considered doing something that won't harm anyone?" asked Twilight. "You've been spending your time here ever since you came to Manehattan. Ever though of going out and seeing the city?"

"There is absolutely nothing of interest to me, out there, on Equestria... at all." said Pinkie. "When was the last time we were solving something?"

"Yesterday," said Twilight and took the violin from Pinkie. "I insist. You have to go out." Pinkie sighed. Perhaps Twilight was right, she could use a little fresh air after all.

She slowly got out of the chair, put on her detective's coat, hat and waited for Twilight at the door. Twilight, who was already donning her signature clothes, opened the door and the two of them trailed off into the streets of Manehattan.

Four hours later, the at mayor's office

After they spent their time in various sweet shops, the two mares remembered that they were supposed to visit the Mayor today. For one reason or another, though, the doors to his office were locked.

"I'm sorry detective, but I can't let you in," said his secretary. "Mr. Gray doesn't wish to be disturbed now."

"Not disturbed?!" asked Pinkie, furious. She then used her hooves to make her face as disturbing as possible. "I'll give him something to be disturbed of!"

"Pinkie, wait! You can't just-" Twilight didn't finish. She just watched as Pinkie kicked the door open, breaking the lock and interrupting the Gray's... jamming. Indeed, the stallion was an avid guitar player.

In the blink of an eye, everything that had something in common with guitars disappeared and he sat down at his chair as if nothing happened.

"Sorry," said Twilight and went after after Pinkie. "We were just-"

"I assume you have something of the utmost importance if you managed to break the finest lock I could buy," he said. "Well, out with it."

"We... umm... accidentally joined the wrong... party," said Pinkie. "And by wrong, I mean, super-duper-even-Sherlock-would-fall-for-it wrong." The mayor looked oddly at both of the detectives.

"What exactly happened, miss Sparkle?" he asked. "Your friend or companion is not very good at answering questions."

"Instead of joining the Order of Light, we joined the Order of Assassins," said Twilight, lowering her head in shame and sighing. "We tried to use diplomacy but... It didn't work."

"What happened then?" he asked. "Did you end this... Assassin Order?"

"Of course we did, silly!" said Pinkie. "No one's gonna kill anyone unless cupcakes are involved. Mmmm.... cupcakes...."

"We've met the cousin of Prince Blueblood, Princess Solaris, who've helped us orchestrate a revolt and escape," said Twilight. "We're also wrote a letter to the Celestia herself and she promised us to send someone in to deal with the matter head-on."

The mayor stood up and took a small chest from a table behind him. It was old and rusty, but seemed to be well kept, despite its age. He opened it with a small key and took out two badges, a silver and a gold one, each adorned with Twilight's and Pinkie's cutie marks, along with the symbol of the city - an eagle.

"Both of you have helped defend the citizens of this city and fought againts the evils that lurked within, spying within the shadows, waiting for their time to strike. With you came a new, lawful era, where it's not everypony for himself and for that, you have my personal gratitude." Twilight was entirely speechless, but Pinkie managed to smile like she never did, her eyes glowing.

"Pinkamena Diane Pi,." he said and Pinkie approached him, bowing. "For your ever-present humor and sense of mind, I give you the silver protector badge of Manehattan, a token presented to only a few worthy and irreplacible ponies." He gave the badge to Pinkie and shortly after, she gave him a wholehearted hug, which he returned. Then, Pinkie and Twilight switched places.

"Twilight Sparkle," he said and looked at her, noticing that, for some reason, she was nervous. "For your leadership, intelligence, but most importantly your patience towards your friend and colleague, I give you the golden protector badge of Manehattan, a token presented to even fewer ponies." He gave the badge to Twilight, but she almost didn't respond to it. Instead, she started lamenting that she doesn't deserve it.

"I don't think I deserve a badge for keeping true to myself," she said. "When I first arrived here, I had the feeling that there's something that needs to be done but now, I don't want to be here anymore. I've seen things no one should ever see along with my friend and because of that, I don't think I want to do this anymore." Pinkie gasped as Twilight said these words.

"But Twilight, I need you!" said Pinkie. "I mean, I know I'm really not the best detective but I can't do it without you. You're like... a reserve wheel that I don't need until one of my wheels break." Twilight giggled at Pinkie's attempt at a heart-to-heart moment.

"I know Pinkie, I know," said Twilight. "It's just that, why can't we go back and just be friends again? You could throw a party and everyone would come to it. Just like old times." Something snapped inside of Pinkie's mind, akin to a button turned off. Her hat felt heavy and so did her cape. She remembered that time she solved her first 'case' for giggles and now, everything she did after that seemed like nothing more, than something a real Pinkie would never do. A sudden realization came to her mind, a realization that Detective Pie and Pinkie Pie are not one and the same.

"You're... you're right." she said. "Let's go home..."

The mayor couldn't believe his eyes and ears as both of his most experienced detectives left his office. They did their deed, making him the new mayor and cleaning the city of psychos and assassins but now, all they wanted was to return to their old lives. He knew persuasion wouldn't work, as they weren't his employees, but employees of the town itself. Still, he was hoping that sooner or later, one or both would reconsider and return to what they were doing best — solving crimes.

He thin asked Sasha, his secretery, to bring him list of avaitable candidates but also told her to keep Pinkie and Twilight in the registry, in case they ever wanted to return to their jobs as detectives. Perhaps they will, perhaps they won't. Who knows?

Comments ( 1 )

If anyone's concerned about the deleted coments :twilightsheepish:, they were deleted due to spoilers. I've PM-ed Crimson Dawn before the deleting and he agreed on it.

Login or register to comment