• Published 21st Dec 2013
  • 872 Views, 4 Comments

Detective Pie - Episodes from Manehattan - Random Gamer



After solving her first case, Pinkie Pie and her assistant are tasked with solving various crimes, both big and small, in Manehattan.

  • ...
0
 4
 872

The Order - Part 3

The next day, still at the Assassin Order sanctuary.

As punishment, they were woken up rather early and harshly. Instead of a gentle stroke on the shoulder, they were literally thrown out of their beds by the same ponies that guarded their rooms. This had no effect on Pinkie whatsoever since she had plenty of sleep, but Twilight had the look of a murderer, with one of her pupils being smaller than the other one, along with a seemingly neglected and dirty mane. Now depraved out her precious sleep, she once again experienced the same mental breakdown when she couldn't schedule a time to make more schedules. In other words, insanity.

The guarding ponies ignored this and instructed them to follow them to the training grounds. When they turned round a corner, she looked at Pinkie and blinked. Pinkie nodded and Twilight gave her the signal by blinking again.

"Restrooms, where are the restrooms?!" shouted Pinkie and started scuttering.

"This way," said one of them and led Pinkie away. Now, with the other guard out of the game, Twilight tackled hers and started running. Instinctively, Pinkie did the same and they both ran through the sanctuary's mazes of corridors and rooms together.

"Hey, you're not supposed to-!" A higher-ranking member tried to stop them in one of the corridors. but Twilight grabbed him using her magic and viciously flung him at the wall.

"Twilight?!" said Pinkie, shocked. "What have you done?!"

"Zip it, Pinkie!" shouted Twilight, her insanity going out of control. "SHUT UP!" As they kept on running through various hallways, they reached a large, empty room, with four levers in each corner and a metallic door, which was seemingly controlled by them. She was just about to approach the first one when a total of four assassins appeared out of nowhere. Each of them was armed with knifes and swords.

"We have entrusted you - and you have betrayed our trust!" they said in unison.

"I never wanted to be here..." said Twilight.

"T-Twilight," said Pinkie, scared. "I... I think this wasn't such a good idea after all." Twilight ignored her friend's fear and begun preparing herself if they showed any sign of hostility.

"Twilight, we don't want to hurt you," said the highest-ranking assassin, sheathing his sword and approached her. "Why don't you go back to your room and pretend this never happened?"

"Then why don't you let go of your weapons and let me leave? I have come here by mistake and thus, should be entitled to leave!" she said. "I don't care that you think you're doing the greater good or that you're a bunch of killers with morals and guidelines or a Creed. I never asked to be a part of this." The veteran looked at his fellow friends and then back at Twilight, with a saddened look in his eyes.

"Then you give us no other option, but the defend our sanctuary from you." After that, they started fighting Twilight, with Pinkie standing in the back, watching.

*

Even though outnumbered, Twilight defeated all four of them, one by one. With their bones and pride broken, they laid motionless on the ground, occassionally letting out a painful moan. Pinkie was unable to comprehend what she just saw and was sure it wasn't Twilight anymore. The real Twilight wouldn't cause them any harm.

"Come on Pinkie!" she said and tried to pull one of the levers. "Help me with this lever!" But Pinkie just stood there, dumbfooted. Twilight approached her, but she didn't appear to notice.

"Pinkie?"

"Who are you and what have you done to Twilight?!" responded Pinkie, her mane turning straight and her coat turning a darker shade of pink.

"It's still me Pinkie." replied Twilight. "I... I had to do it. They didn't give me any other choice. It was a matter of self-defence!" Pinkie ignored her. Moments later, the Grandmaster himself appeared around the corner, clopping with his hooves.

"Bravo, bravo," he said. "I was wonderiing how long it'll take you to try and escape, but looks like it was way sooner than I though. Quite impressive, by the way." Twilight was about to grab him by her magic too, but couldn't. After trying again, she found out she can't move.

The Grandmaster took a severed horn from his robes, making it clear where the magic that held her was coming from. But how is that possible? A severed horn does not give magic abilities to an earth pony! Instead of offering her an explanation, the Grandmaster revealed his face by removing his hood and Twilight saw a round scar on his forehead.

"Fancy magic, isn't it?" he said. "I've refrained myself from using it, but when I have to deal with troubling types like you, I too, run out of options." As he moved the horn, Pinkie walked to Twilight in a zombie-like fashion.

"What did you do to her?!" she asked.

"Put her temporarily under my control," he said. "I have attempted to do the same to you, but as you see, or rather feel, the only thing it managed to do was to freeze you in place. Unlike you, she doesn't have such an unbreakable will like you do. You just need to add a little cookie promise to the equation and she'll do anything. " Pinkie now walked to the Grandmaster and he put something on left front hoove.

"Let go of her, you bastard!" shouted Twilight.

"Not yet," he said. "You will pay for your betrayal first, the traditional and ancient way." With another flick of his horn, Pinkie walked to Twilight.

"Where's Seera, huh?" Twilight taunted him. "Isn't she your headsmare?"

"Why use Seera when I have your close friend at my disposal?" he said and Pinkie threatened Twilight with a switchblade mounted on a brace. Since it was quite well hidden, Twilight assumed it was called a hidden blade.

"Pinkie, what are you doing?" she whispered, trying to snap her out of the spell.

"You will pay dearly for wounding three of your brothers and two sisters." After finishing the sentence, Pinkie stabbed Twilight in the chest with the hidden blade.

"Pinkie?!" she said, tears in her eyes. Unfortunately, even this wasn't enough to free Pinkie out of his control and she stabbed her four more times, each time a little bit closer to her heart. After the last stab, the spell holding Twilight stopped and she fell to the ground, her vision fading to black. Before losing consciousness, she felt someone dragging her away and mere seconds after that, she blacked out completely...