• Published 21st Dec 2013
  • 872 Views, 4 Comments

Detective Pie - Episodes from Manehattan - Random Gamer



After solving her first case, Pinkie Pie and her assistant are tasked with solving various crimes, both big and small, in Manehattan.

  • ...
0
 4
 872

The Avenger - Part 1

"Aren't you excited Pinkie?" exclaimed Twilight. "You're going to solve real crimes!"

"I dunno Twilight." said Pinkie, worried. "What if real crimes aren't for me?"

"Pinkie, a real detective is supposed to solve real crimes." replied Twilight. "That little incident with Rainbosh Dash and a strawberry pie barely qualifies as a crime. Besides, she even helped you bake cupcakes later that day."

"Yeah..." said Pinkie. "But I would still be more... ehm... happy if I could solve crimes in Ponyville, not Manehattan."

"Well, according to Applejack, it's a beatiful city but a bit dull." replied Twilight. "I wouldn't be suprised of something crazy happened there, to be honest."

"What do you mean?" asked Pinkie.

"Well, according to a book I read a while ago, the more boring a place is, the more ponies try to make it a bit "funnier." lectured her Twilight. "It was called 'The Boredom Factor', although it was a rather old study and might not even be true."

"Do... do they have party cannons?" asked Pinkie again. "Because I still have mine!" She took a party cannon from her hat and showered Twilight with confetti whlist shouting "PARTY!".

"This," she sighed. "is going to be a long, long train ride."

*

Somewhere in Manehattan.

An oppurturnity, a napkin doused with chloroform and the right timing — this was all he needed to succesfully kidnap a certain mare for mandatory questioning. The first step was a piece of cake, but he knew things would only get harder from here. All he has to do now, is to wait for her to wake up. Since he used the purest chloroform bits could buy, it can take up to half an hour. Despite the odds, luck was on his side when she woke up just a couple of minutes later.

"Where am I?" she asked. "Who are you?!" The room was dimly lit and she felt fear. Her kidnapper walked out of the shadows and approached her. His omni-present labcoat gave the impression of either a scientist or a doctor, but the numerous bloodstains qualified him as nothing more, than a psycho. A psycho with a medical degree.

"Good morning, Miss Butterfly." he greated her. "It's so nice that you decided to come to visit my humble workshop. The work of a stallion with too much time on his hooves can perhaps be made easier with a mare around to help him." She tried to move but found out she was chained to a wall.

"What... what do you want from me?" She asked with a hint of fear. "I haven't done anything!" He looked away and then back at her, with a smile.

"Answers, darling." he replied. "What your husband did concerns me more than anything you did. There's something I want to know about him. Something special."

"Yonder Skies?" she asked. "I'll.. I'll tell you everything you want if you put me down." She tried her luck with the chains again, but they stayed embedded in the wall, no matter how hard she pulled.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, dear, or allow you to do that as well." The mare tried to move again. "Can't risk you trotting away when there are answers to be made and... Oh, maybe I'll tell you the second thing later."

"Would you please, my dearest Butterfly, tell me where's your husband?" he asked her in a kind, friendly tone. "Hmm... ?"

"I... I don't know." she answered. "I... I really don't know." The smile he had while asking her about her husband disappeared and he now had a very serious look.

"You know, miss Butterfly, you're not helping me or yourself. Looks like I'll have to reveal that little suprise I planned for later." He put a briefcase on a nearby table and opened it. It contained every single tool a surgeon uses, but most of them appeared to be either rusty, bloody or in any other state tools shouldn't be in. A chill went down spine when he took out a scalpel, with four X marks carved in it. He grinned and looked at her, almost instantly creeping her out.

"I'm going to ask you again and this time, I want a definitive answer, where is your husband, Yonder Skies?" he asked her once more, this time in a somewhat angry tone. "Where is he?"

"I... I really don't know!" she shouted, her fear escalating fear. "You think I'm so crazy I wouldn't tell you?"

"Madness is relative, my dear Butterfly and you're playing with my patience." He took some sort of syringe from his briefcase and gave her a shot of an unknown substance. This caused her to lose consciousness and regain it a few minutes later. This time, she was chained to a cold, surgical table. Her captor held a bone saw in his left hoove and was giving her a menacing grin.

"Please... please let me go!" she shouted and tried to escape from the chains.. "I didn't do anything! I've got a husband and small fillies!" The doctor put the saw on the small table near hear and began speaking, as if her words changed her mind.

"Let me tell you a story." he started. "I was going out with my parents to a theater and on out way back, someone killed both of them over a few bits. The only suspect was your husband, Yonder Skies, who got away with it because had a better lawyer and had paid twenty thousand bits to the judge as a bribe. That day, my childhood ended and hell started... Your husband took what was dearest to me and now, I'm going to do the same and repay him for his small "favor."

"No... he couldn't have done that!" she tried to put some sense through his thick skull. "He's a loving parent and my husband for ten years. Someone framed him for it!"

"Maybe, maybe not. Maybe go buck yourself." he uttered, took the bone saw from the table and turned it on. He then looked at her for a couple of seconds before turning it off again.

"I will give you one last bit of my kindness and give one last chance." he said. "One last chance to tell me of his whereabouts" Butterfly knew he worked as a coach for the football team on the other side of town but had no idea which routes he took when going there or if he visited any areas in between. And so, she had no other choice but to lie.

"Westbuck Avenue... Buck's Casino. Third floor, room forty four." she said. "That's where he keeps things related to his coaching." He took out a small notepad and wrote the location down. She felt a bit of joy, probably because he would leave her alone, search the wrong room and give her enough time to escape the city. Unfortunately, she was wrong.

"Thank you for your cooperation in step two, my dearest Butterfly." he said, once again in a kind and friendly tone.. "But now, I have to do something else which cannot be avoided for I am not the one who makes the rules. I'll try to make it the least painful as possible, I promise." He took the saw back from the small table and gave her a smile from one cheek to the other.

"What?! NO!" she said, terrified. "I already told you where he is! Please, please let me go!" Her shouting had no effect on her and stepped closer.

"I am afraid I can't do that, miss Butterfly." he replied. "Step three is required and cannot be avoided." The sight of an electric saw getting closer and closer to her chest was more than enough of a reason for her to start panicking and desperately try to break the chains, but to no avail. She screamed at the top of her lungs and then lost consciousness. She regained it sporadically for a few seconds every minute and saw her chest wide open, with no bruises or cuts on any of the insides. Each time she regained consciousness, she saw and heard a rib being cut off and taken out. She couldn't do anything but watch and cry, without a sound, as a maniac was literally making her boneless while she was still alive.

Eventually, after the last rib, she blacked out, hearing a mixture of various sounds of tools and words. During this time, she had a dream about being in a heaven, while in reality, her skin was being stapled back together as painfully, as possible, with the doctor carrying out the procedure happy at every single bit of pain he could make her feel...

Author's Note:

Special thanks to Fantasia Archsage for his edit(s) in this chapter.