• Published 10th Dec 2013
  • 711 Views, 10 Comments

Eyes Unclouded - maxxxxxx



No choice goes without consequences. They chose to love. I chose to help them. Was it right?

  • ...
4
 10
 711

Advice

“I just can't believe it.” I paced back and forth, as I had been doing for the last half hour.
How can they be each other's special somponies when they're both mares? I just don't get it, what the hay has been going on? Still, I've never seen either of them look so happy before. Ah! I just can't make heads or tails of this situation.

“Big sis?” I was startled out of my thoughts as I spun around to see my little sister looking at me with a look somewhere between confused and concerned.

“Apple Bloom! You nearly gave me a heart attack, now how many times do I have to tell you not to sneak up on somepony.” She had started making a habit lately of appearing behind ponies unannounced.

“I didn't sneak up on you, I tried call'n yer name but you were too spaced out.”

“Oh.” I was a bit embarrass, It wasn't like me to get so lost in thought like Twilight.

“What's going on with everypony today? Yer acting weirder than Twilight was.”

“You know about Twilight?!” I blurted nervously, quickly regretting it as I realized I had jumped the gun a bit when Apple Bloom raised a suspicious eye brow at me.

“Know what about Twilight? She was just acting strange when she came by a bit ago looking for Rainbow Dash.”

“Don't pay any mind to Twilight and Rainbow Dash's business, you hear.” I have no idea what's going on those two's heads but I don't want Apple Bloom or her friends getting involved.

“Okay?”

“Now you get go'n on yer chores, I got to see granny about something.”

“But Applejack! The Cutie Mark Crusaders are having a meeting soon and.” She pleaded but at the time I just wanted her away from home so I could ask Granny Smith or Big Mac for advice. I didn't feel it was right to expose my little sister to something like what Twilight and Rainbow were doing.

“That's fine, you go have fun with yer friends.” Apple Bloom smiled excitedly.

“You mean it?!”

“Sure do, now get! Go have yer self a good time.” I smiled back at my sister who bounced up and down as excitedly as Pinkie Pie.

“Thank you-thank you-thank you!” She ran off to her club house as I breathed a sigh of relief. Turning around I made my way back home.
**********************************************************************************************************************

I tentatively entered my home, I was nervous. despite the decent walk back I couldn’t manage to figure out a best way to breach the subject with my family. Well the best way is the straight forward way, never know till I ask. I reassured myself.

I looked around, Granny Smith's rocking chair was vacant and my older brother was nowhere in sight. Then I could smell warm familiar scents coming from the kitchen, my mouth began to water as I remembered I had missed lunch. Sure enough as I walked into the kitchen I found my grandmother standing up over the stove, humming a random tune while she added spices skillfully into the pan, she had prepared many meals so many times she could probably cook just about anything blind folded. Big Mac was at the other end of the kitchen putting dishes away in the cabinet.

“Hey Granny, Big Mac. That sure smells good.” My grandmother turned from her cooking to greet me in her usual cheerful way.

“Hello there sweetie, you're darn right it smells good! Now why don't you help you're brother with those dishes?”

“Sure thing Granny.” i joined my brother by the cabinet, taking a hoof full of plates I carefully grabbed a couple in my mouth and placed them.

“Ay Granny, can I ask you something?”

“Ask away deary, what's on yer mind?” She responded, never looking away from her cooking.

“Okay, this may sound kind'a strange but have y'all ever heard of two mares being together? Like being each other's special someponies?” Big Mac nearly dropped a tower of plates in surprise, dancing to keep them from shattering all over, a mess he would undoubtedly have to clean. Granny Smith on the other hoof remained placid, tapping her hoof on her chin contemplatively.

“Actually, way back before yer parents were born I had a friend, he was such a nice young stallion always helping other ponies and was always well dressed. Any-hoosle, one day I find out that he had an attraction to another stallion and they became each other's special someponies. I find out later that they had been arrested for something and I never did see them again.” My heart sank at the story, a deep sense of foreboding swelled inside my chest. I should have known right then what would happen.

“Why do you ask? Are you in that way? Liking mares instead of stallions and what not?” She asked innocently, there was no spite, anger or disbelief.

“What! No! I'm not like that! I love me some stallions! No mares for me!” I replied defensively, I knew I liked stallions, never once had a thought about a mare in that way. Granny just smiled at me, I'll never know if that convinced her or not.

“Well just so you know, It don't matter to me who you love, just cause I don't understand it any don't mean I would hate ya fer it.” The words gave me pause for thought, I had an epiphany of sorts. That's right, just because they are different don't mean they aren't the same friends who help me and my family more than a dozen time. I can't believe I was being so judgmental. Big Mac smiled and nodded in agreement with Granny Smith.

“Eeyup.”

“Geez, I told y'all I'm not like that.” We laughed together, but despite my cheerful demeanor I felt guilt compelling me. How could I be so unfair to my best friends? Twilight and Rainbow Dash must feel so separated from everyone else, I feel bad for thinking about them the way I was earlier. I have to tell them that they aren't alone!

“Granny, I'm sorry but I got to go help my friends. I'm gonna to be late for dinner.” I spun around and galloped out the door, determined to set things right. I'm here for you girls.
**************************************************************************************************************

Despite running all over Ponyville looking for them I never did manage to find them and the sun was getting low in the sky. My hooves were starting to ache and I had all but run out out of places to find them. I sighed, about ready to give up. I turned around ready to head home when I caught sight of a small purple dragon.

“Hey Spike!” I hollered, waving my hoof to get his attention. He came to screeching halt, looking a little worn out he strolled over to me.

“Hey Applejack, What's up? I can't really stay long, I just finished helping Rarity and I want to get back to Twilight.”

“Actually Spike, that's who I wanted to talk about. You see..” I began but Spike panicked and began spewing out his worries.

“What happened?! Is Twilight alright? Where is she!? Is she hurt? Does she need a Doctor?! I'll go get the first aide kit! Oh, and the Timber wolf repellant and the...”

“Calm down Spike, she's not hurt she's just in love with Rainbow Dash and they are each other's special someponies.”... Open mouth, insert hoof.

“Twilight is what!?” He gaped at me, wide eyed in disbelief. 'Shoot! Why did I say that!?'

“I- I uh, thought you knew. Ya know, since you live with her and all I thought she would have told you..” I dug myself deeper into a hole as Spike's face began to show how betrayed I was making him feel. I had a feeling that it was something that Twilight herself had only just come to terms with, it was sheer luck that I was the first to know.

“I can't believe she wouldn't tell me something like that..” He quickly became downcast, I felt so bad for him.

“Listen, I think Twilight only knew she was like that today. I saw her ask out Rainbow Dash earlier today. I don't think she lied to you, but I think she may need some time alone. Look, it's getting dark, why don't you come over to my place for dinner. In the morning we can go talk to Twilight. Sound good?” He looked tired and worn out and after the state Twilight had been in earlier it seemed like putting her and Spike in a situation like that seemed unfair to me. This was the first decision I made that I will always look back on, I know it's silly but how different would things have been if I hadn't offer him dinner at my place? Maybe changing that one choice would have stopped everything before it go so out of hand.

“Maybe that's a good idea.” He replied dejected
************************************************************************************************************

We made our way back to Sweet Apple Acres mostly in the dark, It was pretty late by the time we got back. The stars and moon shined brightly in the clear night. I yawned deeply, careful not to disturb Spike who had fallen asleep on my back. I looked up at the beautiful starry sky, this night Princess Luna had certainly out done herself. Then something caught my eye, a blur of motion in my peripheral vision. When I brought my focus on it my heart skipped a beat. There were two pegasi in royal guard armor, flying low. Trailing behind them was a steel cage.

“If you guys hurt Twilight I swear you'll regret it!” The voice from the cage had an amount of animosity I had never heard from the her before but the voice was unmistakable. It was Rainbow Dash Inside the cage!

Comments ( 6 )

3643005 I wrote this in first person omniscient, because it happened in the past from the perspective of the story teller she could find out the thoughts of the other characters after the fact which i have accounted for. As for my very many mistakes... ya, i got nothing i wrote this after going over 24 hours without sleep and i intend to do an editing session at some point to fix it... Also i think you should read the second chapter, it came out lots better.

3643263 First-person omniscient? So, what, AJ's a god? Look, I see what you're trying to say. I've seen it done before. Just stick with regular first-person though, okay? Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Besides, no one ever goes up to someone and just says "hey, remember this exact moment? Yeah, what were you thinking?" unless it was something really notable.

3643005
Wow, that is a long comment:applejackunsure:. Do you normally review other peoples stories like that? (not trying to be mean, just actually curious, is all)

3648589 Oh, hey, sorry, missed your comment. I do review people's stories, though I'm not always that in-depth with my reviews. I do try my best to help others improve, however.

Login or register to comment