• Published 30th Nov 2013
  • 634 Views, 20 Comments

Sweetie Snail - MLPxMaestro



Sweetie Belle encounters a special snail on her way back home from school, the laws of physics are broken.

  • ...
1
 20
 634

Chapter Six- Untimely Squish

Sweetie Snail:

Chapter 6- Untimely Squish:

As another three weeks passed, more and more of this mysterious hero of Ponyville continued leaving a snail at its location, and nopony has ever managed to snag a glimpse of the hero. Even Rainbowdash couldn’t come up with anything, and she was stumped herself on who it could possibly be? Sweetie Belle however knew the truth, and knew that Snaily always had to do with these things now a few times a week. The snail seemed to be even slower, and Sweetie Belle realized the snail had been getting older. Though surely they wouldn’t be ready to die already right? Sweetie Belle however received a mysterious note as well from her slimy friend. As Ditzy received a note from Snaily, Sweetie Belle’s note would read:

“As the sun hits the light to purge the darkness upon this land every single day, I must now require your assistance dear friend. You have been good to me, and proved your usefulness, though I must inform you on a critical timing concerning the terrible atrocity that ravages my brother and sisters within your town.

A feared enemy to us, called the white death, or salt in your terms, has been killing plenty of my family. I have had enough of this, and I require your assistance, along with a wall-eyed champion hopeful as well. Will you aid me in my mission to eliminate this grave threat to my family and loved ones?

I trust in you little filly, please do not wait any longer to let me know on your answer. Until then, I shall see you on the other side, fare thee well champion…even though I am right next to you as you read this. Locate this exterminator using salt, and your family shall be immensely rewarded, friend.

Sincerely,

Stormageddon- Dark Lord of All (A.K.A: Snaily, you call me that, so I shall accept your alias for me.)”

Sweetie Belle’s eyes then look back at the snail remaining there beside her, actually feeling nervous that this physics breaking snail even has written such a thing? However, she knew that the snail was a legit physics breaking, time defying snail, that could possibly even travel the far reaches of the universe if it wanted. She decides to then accept the snails offer, and help it.

“Okay Snaily, let’s do this! Just tell me what you need to do, and we’ll go do it ourselves!” Sweetie Belle then notices a piece of paper, that seemed to look like a map to the exterminator’s house fall from the ceiling.

“Did you just…ah forget it, your strange enough.” She then looks it over, and surprisingly enough, she knows where the exterminator’s house is within the town. She mainly knew where his house was, despite Rarity calling him over here herself a few times after she saw just one little ant or something within the place.

After a good half hour or so of being briefed from the mollusk, Sweetie Belle then opened up the door, inhaling the fresh air with a face of determination of her face, ready to put and end to this “tyranny” as Snaily told her.

“Okay…onward we go- WHOA!” Sweetie Belle then tripped, and Snaily flew out of her hoof, landing onto the ground, with a pony about to step on him.

“SNAIIIILYYYYYY!!!!” Sweetie Belle yelled out to it, but shortly thereafter a distinct “crunch” noise could be heard as the earth pony stopped for a moment to realize she had stepped on a snail.

“Ewww! My goodness…” the pony then wiped its hoof across the dirt below, and proceed onward, leaving Sweetie Belle in shock.

“SNAILY! SPEAK TO ME PAL!” She heard nothing from it, as she watched it literally cough back at her, as X’s on its eyes then revealed themselves on the eyes of its eyestalks. She simply sat there in silence, grieving over her insane and incomprehensible friend, as it remained dead within her hoof. Immediately though…her emotions went dry, and she head back inside.

“Well…guess I won’t have any rewards from him then.” she says to herself, as she then makes her way back inside to wash the slime and snail guts off of her hoof, and fool around the house for the rest of that afternoon.

So the snail’s legacy lives on in all of us now, as the legend of its kind, the invisible hero of the town, and a legacy that shall be left in its wake. Not as Snaily…but as a legend of Equestria, in a league of its own…and a story, that it never had the chance to tell to its own children and grandchildren. Stormageddon was a snail to be reckoned with; his only weakness however, despite him being able to have the abilities to defy the laws of physics…was being stepped on. We all shall miss Snaily, as a secret memorial was raised in his name back at the CMC’s clubhouse later that day after the news of Snaily’s untimely demise to Scootaloo and Apple Bloom.

R.I.P SNAILY…we love you.

Comments ( 9 )

Was this an attempt to cut short a story you couldn't figure how to continue any other way?

4144596 Unfortunately yes my good sir, as i knew it had been on Hiatus for too long, and i had a really bad case of writer's block on this one. So i had to come up with a way to comically end it.

4148141
Perhaps one day you will get inspiration for how to continue it, then you could label this last chapter as some sort of alternate ending and keep going. (I probably won't read it if you ever do that however, as I'm about to do what I do for all completed fics I've favourited: unfavourite it.)

4149885 You're not implying that you don't care for this story anymore, simply because i had some writer's block on this story are you....? :applejackunsure:

4157774
Not at all. It's just that I don't have any "complete" fics in my favourites list. I treat the list as a 'following' list, and following complete fics is redundant.

4158603 Ooooh i see your point, well at least you enjoyed my fics, feel free to read any others i come out with too. I got a good one, that's a human crossover with Earth, and with the world of Equestria. But i appreciate you being one of my readers, thank you sir. :yay::moustache::trollestia:

4162431
And now that fimfic has bookshelves, you're back on my favourites list.

That's so sad:fluttercry:, and kinda anticlimactic:unsuresweetie:

7232263 I just made it one night when i was really tired, bored, and i didn't work the next day, lol.

Login or register to comment