• Published 30th Nov 2013
  • 634 Views, 20 Comments

Sweetie Snail - MLPxMaestro



Sweetie Belle encounters a special snail on her way back home from school, the laws of physics are broken.

  • ...
1
 20
 634

Chapter Four- Slimy Hero

Sweetie Snail:

Chapter 4- Slimy Hero:

“OH PLEASE SOMEPONY SAVE MY BABY!” a mare cried out in horror at the sight of her house ablaze with her baby she allegedly claimed to still be inside.

The fire department was giving the fire everything it had, and it was working, but it wasn’t good enough. Already two firepony’s went in the home and could not find the baby; they were just about to give up all hope for the foal to be saved.

“PLEASE OH PLEASE YOU GOT TO KEEP TRYING! I DON’T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER IT WILL BE TILL-” her voice broke to shock and true horror, as her house appeared to slowly collapse on the inside. Everypony watched in shock and awe at the sight before them. The fire was really beautiful yet deadly at the same time.

When everything seemed like it was bad enough, the sounds of cracking boards and weakening foundation could be heard.

“PLEASE NO! NOT MY-” her voice interrupted once again by the traumatic event taking place in front of her. The that contained her baby could be seen from outside then give way from the ceiling, as it appeared to collapse to the floor.

“NOOOO!!!” the mare cried very hard out the house, instinctively running towards it, but stopped by a firepony preventing her from getting any closer to the blaze.

“I’m sorry ma’am, there was nothing more we could do! We tried everything to find your baby, and she could not be found anywhere in the house!”

“That’s impossible though! She was right next to my room!”

“I’m sorry ma’am…we all are.”

“NO! YOU’RE LYING TO ME YOU HEAR ME?! YOU’RE LYING!”

“Ma’am, calm down okay?! I have already told you th-”

“Sir! Look!” a firepony then called out from the crowd of others, at the sight of what appeared to be a baby safely lying on the ground next to the firewagon.

“By Celestia…” the firepony chief couldn’t believe what he was seeing. He was just at that location a few moments ago, and now her baby was safely resting on the ground right where he stood just seconds ago.

“OH THANK CELESTIA! MY BABY’S OKAY!” she then looked back at the firepony in charge of the operation, embarrassing him with a stare that caused some of his comrades to snicker from the embarrassing moment put on him.

“Um…your baby…ma’am? Eh-he-he…” he replied scratching the back of his head, followed by an awkward smile.

“Sir…um, do you have any clue why a snail is on the baby?”

“Why a what?”

“A snail sir…is on the baby. It was found on top of the blanket the baby was wrapped up in. Somepony did this…but who exactly?”

The firepony chief then looked back at the baby and saw no snail to be seen on the baby.

“I don’t see anything? Wait a second…you sure it-”

“Yes sir, no doubt it was a snail simply slithering his way across the baby…doing what snails do best I suppose.” One of the firepony’s replied.

“Then how in Equestria do you explain it gone already?! They’re not that fast?”

“What?!” the firepony then made haste back over to the baby, and was shocked at what he was seeing.

“B-but s-sir, I saw a snail, no joke…it was right here!” he pointed.

“Okay newbie…you need to lay off the cider.” The chief rolled his eyes, continuing his duties as he walked along.

“But sir.”

“It’s just your mind newblood…crazy things happen to your mind with stress like this.”

“Yes sir…of course sir.” The newbie made his way back around the wagon to bring out some extra hoses to continue dousing out the fire.

Meanwhile back at the Carousel Boutique, Sweetie Belle was bored as ever…and as usual, as she waited on her sister to finish what she was designing in her design room.

“Ugh! Come on Rarity, let’s go! It’s just one stupid dress, can’t you finish it later?” Sweetie Belle urged, as she kept watching Snaily slither on by her still eyesight ever so slowly.



“WHAT?! Don’t be so prejudice about this mere ‘dress’ Sweetie Belle. You see, this dress is being sent to Sapphire Shores herself darling…and oh! They’ll be just clamoring for my attention to produce my fashion line after this one is finished!” Rarity replied with a smile, followed by the soft sound of a quiet but yet hard working sewing machine.

Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes, as she could careless about the importance of it. Though she understood just how much it bothered Rarity for her to leave her projects unfinished.

“Sweetie Belle could you please pass the-”

“PAPER’S HERE!” a voice screamed out, since Sweetie Belle loved reading the funny comics on the paper.

But however, something really made her stop at the sight of the paper. She noticed a picture of a snail with a wagon that was fixed from its broken wheel.

“Huh?” she looked up at the title in black bold letters.

“Ponyville’s Mysterious Hero?” Sweetie Belle read this out loud to herself then looked back at Snaily.

“Hmm, let’s see here…” she proceeded to turn the page as saw it was another picture of a snail; it looked awfully similar to Snaily as well.

“Ponyville’s weird…” She thought to herself.

“What?! A mysterious new hero of Ponyville leaves a snail once again after a speechless fire rescue of an innocent foal from today’s fire.” She continues reading.

“A hero of Ponyville leaves a snail at everything miraculous that seems to happen. Though no site of the hero, the witnesses claim that the laws of physics are broken whenever these unexplainable miracles happen. They do not see it happen for themselves, but all they know is that a snail remains at nearly every single incident that has been averted the past day.”

“Laws of physics?!” Sweetie Belle looks back at her slimy friend once again, but notices he’s gone.

“What in Equestria?!” she dropped the paper, scanning her eyes every which way he could have gone.

“Wait a second…laws of physics broken…Snaily does that. Wait…a…single…second. Could Snaily…oh wow…just…whoa.” Sweetie Belle’s eyes then got as big a dinner plates at the amazing though she didn’t even want to make herself believe, but she knew it had to be true.

“SUPERSNAILY!!” She screamed out ecstatically, causing Opal to run off from the sudden outburst of noise.

“What did you say Sweetie Belle? Sorry, I’m in here finishing up.”

“I said Snaily’s a superhero!”

Awkward silence then filled the gap between them as Sweetie Belle’s huge smile sat there on her face in silence.

“Uh-huh…okay Sweetie Belle I think that Button Mash boy is getting to your head. What kind of video games do you two play together?”

“Ugh…no Rarity I’m being serious!”

“Of course you are dear, and I’m a ghost.” Rarity replied with a chuckle.

“Rarity!”

“Such tone young lady, watch it now sister!” she turned her head quickly facing Sweetie Belle standing at the doorway to her design room.

“I’m telling the truth Rarity, I’m really, really serious here! Check out today’s paper and you’ll see!”

“Hmm?” Rarity’s head titled in a bit of confusion, but also curiosity.

“Let me see that paper…” her blue eyes surfing through the whole page quickly, she thought it could have been some kind of Gabby Gums all over again.

“Sweetie Belle I’m telling you right this instant young lady! If you and your friends are planning to bring back this Gabby Gums again…it will be your undoing.” She replied with fire filling her sapphire eyes.

“What?! You’re kidding right? No we learned our lesson, this is not us. You can even head down to the printing press yourself, and they’ll tell you the same.” Sweetie Belle replied.

Rarity looked back at her sister with silence, then turned the page to quickly focus on the second page of the main article.

“Sweetie Belle…”

“Yes?”

Rarity then pulled the paper down from her face showing her blue iris’s dilated to a small size. Her face stone faced and emotionless, she couldn’t believe this article…she just couldn’t.

“Sweetie Belle…erm…again…”

“Yes? Are you even feeling okay?”

“Okay?”

“Yes.”

“Okay?!”

“Uh-huh.”

“You think I’m feeling okay?!”

“Um…okay maybe not…” Sweetie Belle took a couple of steps away from her sister’s dilated emotionless face.

“Sweetie Belle…this…this paper is…by Celestia I need to lie down.” Rarity still keeping the same face and gestured her sister to go downstairs to play or whatever.

“You just er…go…play dear. I think I’m going to lay off the double espresso for tomorrow morning.” Said Rarity, as she made her way back up to her room, and closed it to lock her bedroom door.

“I can’t believe it either but…well…” Sweetie Belle’s eyes then sparkled as she looked own at the floor beside her. She quickly turned back to see Snaily back at her side.

“You are a superhero aren’t you?!”

The snail did not care, and proceeded to slither upon her face and stop at her snout.

“Um…okayyyy…what’s that supposed to mean?” she asked Snaily once more. For a second time however, it said nothing, and proceed to journey further upon her face, eventually ending up in her mane.

“Ewww! Get out of my mane!”

Meanwhile, back in Rarity’s bedroom…

“Oh Celestia…why have you plagued me with such a life to live upon…” she said, looking up at her bedroom ceiling with a face of true shock and disbelief. Though what would you expect from a snail that defies the laws of physics? But however though, can it also defy the laws of gravity in general…and even the fabric of time itself? The answer to that intensively burning question would be………why not?