• Published 30th Nov 2013
  • 634 Views, 20 Comments

Sweetie Snail - MLPxMaestro



Sweetie Belle encounters a special snail on her way back home from school, the laws of physics are broken.

  • ...
1
 20
 634

Chapter Three- Skepticism

Sweetie Snail:

Chapter 3- Skepticism:

The school’s bell had given off that sound of signifying school was out. All of Cheerilee’s students always seemed to run out the front door and back home like a fire had broken out inside the building.

The CMC’s ran out together and stopped each other at the end of the road.

“Wait a second ya’ll…where are we headin anyways?” Applebloom wondered, realizing their own excitement for getting out of school on quite a day had made them temporarily mindless.

“How about we head back to the clubhouse? I really wanna hang out with this thing!” said Scootaloo happily.

“Uh…the snail?” Applebloom raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah, totally! After he did all of that stuff at show-and-tell today and all, this snail’s gotta be the coolest snail in Equestria!”

“But…that show-and-tell thingy coulda just been setup?”

“It wasn’t a setup Applebloom, Snaily really did do all of that stuff! How else would I have gotten-” Sweetie Belle states honestly, but being interrupted by Applebloom.

“Yeah, yeah I know…how else would ya have gotten ta school on time this morning. Yeah, we heard ya fer the fourth time today.”

“Aw come on?! That’s ridiculous Applebloom, you have any idea how ridiculous that sounds?”

“You have any idea how ridiculous it sounds fer a snail ta shine and clean a school ta perfection in seconds?”

“Well it’s not like ponies could do it either.” Sweetie Belle looked back at her with a stink eye.

“Well how bout-”

“Come on you two, let’s just take it easy already, okay? I don’t know about you buuuut…” Scootaloo then snatches up the snail from Sweetie Belle’s hoof, and makes her way back to it towards the clubhouse.

“Hey! Give back Snaily!” Sweetie Belle galloped after her.

“Wait up both of ya!” Applebloom was now in an effort to catch up to Sweetie Belle.

As the three of them reached their clubhouse, they all sat around the snail on the rug in the middle the room. No doubt in the slightest it was a true snail that seemed to boggle their minds.

“So Sweetie Belle, where did you get him?”

“I just found him on a log yesterday when school got out is all, why?”

“Just curious…cause I sure want one of these!” Scootaloo continued looking at the snail in front of her as it slithered across their rug in the middle of the room.

“I tell ya, this is nothin but a-”

“IT’S NOT FAKE!” Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle exclaimed back to Applebloom synchronized.

“Well, what will it take to prove it to you then Applebloom?”

“How about a little test then.” Applebloom then looked off with that face of her thinking to herself. That face they knew all too well.

“It has something to do with the farm, doesn’t it?” Sweetie Belle’s face looked a bit annoyed now, realizing Applebloom was tough to convince on this.

“M-hm…you betcha!”

“Snaily’s got this in the bag, right Snaily?” Scootaloo looks back down to the snail, and assumes it agrees with her.

“See? It even agreed with me.”

“Snails can’t talk fer goodness sakes.” Applebloom feeling a bit annoyed now by this snail.

“Well uh…I bet you this one can…can it talk Sweetie Belle?” Scootaloo’s mind was now intrigued with questions over a mere mollusk.

“How the heck would I know?” Sweetie Belle shrugged, as her voice cracked slightly.

The three of them finally made their way over to Sweet Apple Acres. Applejack was nowhere in sight, Big Macintosh was currently working on adding a couple of new features to the barn. Poor old Granny Smith was merely doing what she did best…taking a nap in their house on her favorite rocking chair. However, a distinct soun of AJ was heard out from the thick lush green field of apple trees. Nothing but a loud thud was heard afterward, as the apples fell from the trees.

“Oh, there ya are Applebloom! How did school go?” Applejack asked, as she wiped the sweat from her forehead.

“Very weird if ya ask me. This snail that Sweetie Belle’s got, apparently cleaned our entire classroom perfectly! Though I think it’s just a setup or a very good trick she did.”

Applejack simply stood there and laughed out loud at the alleged ridiculous remark about a mere snail pulling off such a task.

“You’re kiddin right? Ain’t no way a snail can do that…they’re just snails, that’s all.” AJ chuckled.

“Yeah, but this snail is no ordinary snail…it couldn’t be!” Scootaloo intervened.

“What she said! It even made me breakfast this morning!” Sweetie Belle added.

“Well y’all keep believin what y’all wanna believe. I need ta get goin…have fun with whatever it is yer doin Applebloom!” Applejack was then seen galloping off to the other side of the farm to deal with some other trees that needed apple bucking.

The CMC’s then made their way into the barn, and noticed Big Macintosh had a pile of wooden planks in a pile. There was a box of nails located right next to him, and a can of red paint to match with the exterior look of the barn.

“Whatcha doin Big Mac?” Applebloom asked.

He showed her the blueprint of another portion of the second floor that was going to be added to it.

“Oh, so you’re gonna add somethin to tha barn?

“Eeyup.” He nodded with a small grin on his face.

“Wait a second now…I got it you two!” Applebloom quickly turned back around to Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle

“Oh boy, I think I know where this is going.”

“Yep…Snaily’s gonna build what Big Mac’s about ta start on. He’s got everything he needs, so all I need ya ta do Sweetie Belle is do whatever it is ya do with Snaily ta make him become a…uh…miracle snail I suppose you could call it.”

“How the heck would I know how to make him do the stuff? All I know is to just leave him completely alone I’d think. Cause that’s how it pulled that off at show-and-tell I think?”

“Oh, well then I’ll get Big Mac outta here with us, and you just put Snaily with all of this supplies.”

“I don’t know Applebloom… it might not-”

“Then I suppose what tha snail did wasn’t real then.”

“Oh…oh alright, fine!” Sweetie Belle made her way next to Big Macintosh, and placed the snail on the pile of cleanly cut lumber.

“Come on Big Mac, we need ta get outta here quick!” Applebloom grabbed her big brother and proceeds to drag him out of the barn with the Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle right behind her.

The three of them closed the doors to the barn one by one together, and Big Macintosh was standing there like she and her friends had lost their marbles. They later on had successfully closed the doors, and all they were waiting on was the snail to break the laws of physics once again.

“What’s the meanin of this?” he asked her.

“Well you see…there’s this snail that-”

“Oh no, we forgot to give Snaily the blueprint!” Scootaloo quickly grabbed it away from Big Mac and slid it under the doorway.

Another few minutes had passed as Sweetie Belle and he friends were explaining it to Big Macintosh, who honestly didn’t believe such a ridiculous claim or accusation from them.

“Nope.” He shook his head, as he started to make his way back towards the barn.

They were all stopped however, as the ground seemed to shake a bit under their feet.

“What the?” Applebloom wondered curiously.

“Oh no…is this a…” Scootaloo stopped herself.

“EARTHQUAAAAAKE!!!” Sweetie Belle ran off to a safe spot away from any buildings.

Soon afterward, a pure flurry of loud noises could be heard coming from within the barn. Sounds of dozens or even hundreds of nails could be heard pounded into the wooden planks all at the same time. The sudden loud noises were almost deafening at the range they were to the barn as all of it happened at the same time.

“What in tarnation is goin on back there?!” Applejack wondered, galloping back to the farm as fast as she could.

A few more moments had passed, but then…it went completely silent from within the barn now.

“W-was t-that…”

“I have no idea Applebloom…” Scootaloo stayed close to the ground.

“Hey, wait a moment…where’s Big Mac?”

The three of them looked around for a moment or two, and then noticed the barn doors had been cracked open.

“Oh no! Did he get hurt?! Hang on big brother, I’m comin!”

When they made it inside, they noticed that all of the building materials were gone. Not a single nail or piece of wood could be seen from its original spot, and only the mollusk remained on the floor.

“Um…Big Mac…whatcha lookin up at? It’s nuthin bad is it?”

“N-n-n-nope…” his hoof shook at the incredible site, and his jaw dropped to the floor. Not only did the part he was going to add get added, but it was eveen improved with extra space and such too.

“Sweet Celestia and all that is good…” for the second time today now, the CMC’s faces were nothing but awestruck and in total disbelief once more.

“U-um…S-s-Sweetie…Belle?”

“Yeah?”

“I believe ya now…that Snail’s really somethin…”

“I don’t even believe it fully yet Applebloom…I think we all died or something. Maybe this is all just one big dream?” said Sweetie Belle.

“It’s gotta be…s-snails don’t do this kind of stuff?!” Applebloom replied full of shock.

Another minute or two passed by, and AJ had found the four of them inside the barn.

“There ya are! Are y’all alright? I felt a bit of shakin in tha ground?” she asked them a bit concerned but also curious as to what caused it.

“Big Mac! Woo-wee I knew you could do it! But my goodness, didn’t ya get the supplies just a half hour ago?”

“Ee…yup…” he continued staring down the incredible site of architectural perfection.

“Ya mean…you’re sayin that…you…didn’t do this?!”

“Ee…yup…”

“ By Celestia…” AJ then takes off her hat from the top of her head.

“Any of y’all know who did this so darn fast?!” Applejack faced back to the CMC’s all standing next to each other. They all then quickly pointed over at a snail that was on the ground.

“W…what…”

“Uh-huh.” The three of them nodded speaking altogether.

AJ’s eyes were now as big as dinner plates too in shock and in complete and utter disbelief. She simply slowly turned back around and steadily made her way back outside from the barn.

“I…think…I’ve been in tha heat fer too long.”

“I’m with my sister on this…I need ta lie down…” Applebloom then followed her sister AJ outside.

“I think I need to start a Snaily Fanclub right away…” Scootaloo then followed behind Applebloom in a steady pace.

“Okay Snaily…you’re starting to kind of worry me now.” Said Sweetie Belle, as she knelt down to pick up the snail and head back home. She continued making her way out of the barn in disbelief over what just happened, because two things like this seemed almost incomprehensible for somepony her age. She however though noticed Big Mac still sitting there on the floor continuing to look up at the awesome site.

“You okay Big Macintosh?”

“Eeyup.” He replied with his mouth still agape.

“I need to wake up from this…whatever it is.” Sweetie Belle says to herself. This made the third time something truly unexplainable happened, and it was whenever she was not looking and was away from Snaily. Incredible things would happen when she left him to whatever it was snails did when they were by themselves. Would they just slither around very slowly perhaps like they always do? Apparently not this one, this one has some serious issues, and it may just cause Equestria the flip upside down in its sanity.