• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 42,006 Views, 7,805 Comments

A New World, a New Way - zeusdemigod131



To protect his Pokemon from harm Arceus has moved most of his worlds populus to Equestria in hopes that they can live in peace, but peace is often harder to obtain than one might think.

  • ...
171
 7,805
 42,006

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24 and 1/2

Author's Note:

Since a lot of people were asking about it, I decided to write a little more about what happened at the party, which is why this is Chapter 24 and 1/2.

Pinkie’s party was really getting started. Ever since the Pokémon had started showing up, things had gotten much more lively. This was partially because a Pinkie party couldn’t not be lively, and partially because of the fact that the Pokémon and ponies could understand each other.

While some ponies and Pokémon were using this opportunity just to get to know each other, others were finally able to talk to the friends they’d made over the past few days.

For example, three little fillies and their Pokémon who sat underneath a dessert table.

“Was this Professor guy nice?” Sweetie Belle asked.

Squirtle nodded. “Professor Oak took care of us. He also takes care of a lot of Pokémon at his lab.”

Once the crusaders had discovered that they were able to talk to the Pokémon, they had asked how they knew each other. It had led to a discussion about this Pokémon Professor and how new trainers got their first Pokémon.

Sweetie Belle was about to ask another question when a light purple head poked itself under the table cloth. “Hi Sweetie Belle, hi Scootaloo, hi Apple Bloom.”

“Hi Dinky.” The crusaders greeted back. “What brings you here?”

Dinky smiled and crawled under the table, followed by Pipsqueak, Snips, Snails, Zipporwhill, and Rumble.

“Ok... what are you all doing here?” Scootaloo asked.

“We heard that you three got Pokémon.” Pipsqueak said. “And we wanted to see ‘em.”

Apple Bloom rolled her eyes but smiled nonetheless. “First off, we didn’t ‘get’ Pokémon. They ain’t dolls. Second, this is Bulbasaur.”

“H-hello.” The little Grass-type waved one of his vines shly.

Scootaloo grinned. “This is Charmander.” She waved to the Fire-type, who grinned and waved at the foals.

“And I’m Squirtle.” The Tiny Turtle Pokémon shouted, electing a giggle from the foals.

“They’re sooo cute!” Zipporwhill cooed, fluttering a bit as she did. Charmander crossed his arms and pouted a bit, while Bulbasaur blushed and Squirtle grinned.

“So why are you hiding under here anyway?” Rumble asked. “The party’s out there.”

“Yeah,” Sweetie Belle agreed. “But the sweets are up there.” She pointed upwards, indicating the dessert table above them.

“On the ceiling?” Snails asked.

“Nope,” Apple Bloom grinned. “Watch this.” She turned to Bulbasaur. “Bulbasaur, would ya mind gettin’ us some treats?”

The Pokémon grinned and said. “No problem.” Suddenly two vines shot from either side of his body and reached out from under the table. A few moments later, they returned, balancing a plate of chocolate chip cookies.

“We’ve been pilferin’ sweets since we got here and no pony’s noticed.” Apple Bloom explained, already passing out cookies.

“Sweet.” Most of the foals said in agreement.

After the cookies were eaten the group decided to head out and see what else there was to be done. Starting with a game Pinkie had gotten from... no one really knew who told her about pin the tail on the Tauros, just that it was, in fact, a Pokémon.

The group even managed to pick up a few more foals and some younger Pokémon who wanted to play, including a Chatot that took a liking to Pipsqueak.

The group was in the middle of a game of hide and seek, with Dinky as the seeker, when Arceus showed up. “Uh... guys?... Oly, oly oxen free?”

The foals and Pokémon came out from their hiding places, only for most of the Pokémon to duck back down. “A-Arceus.” Bulbasaur whispered.

“That’s him?” Apple Bloom asked. She had heard enough from her family the past few days, plus the random announcement in her mind, to figure out that he was responsible for everything that had happened. She just wasn’t sure what to expect when he finally showed up.

“He doesn’t look as weird as I thought he would.” Button Mash admitted.

“”Well what's he doing?’ Rumble asked.

“I think he’s here for the party.” Dinky answered, as it turned out Dinky was right. Arceus managed to get everyone to calm down after explaining that he was only here for the party.

“Well now what?” Sweetie Belle asked.

Scootaloo thought for a second then smiled and tapped Sweetie on the shoulder, saying. “Tag, you’re it.” The rest of the foals galloping off with her.

“Hey! No fair!” Sweetie Belle ran after her friends, Squirtle following behind her.


As the party continued on, more legendaries began to show up. Some making a grand entrance, like when Articuno descended from the sky, others such as Raikou just walked in, and a few chose to sneak in.

Hoopa, hiding herself in the shadows, snickered as she floated one of her rings off of her horn. “Who's going to be first?” The Mischief Pokémon wondered, searching for her first victim.

She settled on an Earth Pony mare tending the bar. Chuckling to herself, Hoopa floated over to the bar and hid behind it. Then, shrinking down one of her rings, she fit it over the nozzle of one of the drink dispensers.

“Now,” She said with an evil grin. “We wait.” It only took a few minutes for somepony to request the particular drink, and as he did, the mare twisted the nozzle and-

“AYYYYYIIII.” Everypony near the drink bar turned to see what had happened, and were greeted by a sopping wet Berry Punch, a shocked expression on her face.

Hoopa covered her mouth as she drew her rings back towards her, leaving Berry to stammer and try to figure out what had happened. The Ghost-type turned around, ready to search for her next victim.

Across the clearing, Discord sat, chewing on some of the bacon Pinkie had cooked, when he felt something. “I sense a disturbance in the force.” He said to no one in particular, looking around, Discord noticed the crowd around the drink bar. “Well, well, well,” He said, teleporting behind the building, and right into the path of a fleeing trickster. “What have we-Oof!”

Hoopa bumped into Discord and rubbing her head, looked up at the Draconequus. “What are you?” She blurted out.

Disccord glared down at the Pokémon before him. “Why I’ll have you know I’m a who, not a what, the what’s a Draconequus by the way, and I’m Discord, master of chaos, lord of-”

“You’re the guy Zygarde fought a few days ago.” Hoopa recalled his name.

Discord sighed, having been interrupted in his monologue. “Yes, I fought that snaky ruffian for control of the Everfree... I should probably go check on that,” He hadn’t checked on the forest since his battle. “I take it your one of those Legendaries?”

“Lady Hoopa, master of Mischief.” She grinned at her mostly self imposed but not entirely untrue title.

Discord raised an eyebrow at this. “Mischief you say?” He leaned backwards a bit to get a view of Berry Punch, now drying herself with a towel. “Then I suppose that was your doing?”

“You got that right.” Hoopa laughed. “Why? You don’t like it?”

Discord laughed. “No, no, no, quite the opposite actually, in fact I believe there’s another prankster who’d simply love to meet you.”

Hoopa’s green eyes narrowed. “Who?”

Before she could respond again Discord put a claw behind Hoopa’s back and pushed her forward, calling out. “Oh Pinkie!”

Discord pulled Hoopa forward to where Pinkie Pie was standing, talking to a few Pokémon. Once she noticed them, she excused herself and trotted towards them.

“Hi Discord, who’s this?” She asked.

“Pinkie Pie, meet Hoopa, a Legendary Pokémon whose specialty seems to be mischief.” Discord said with a grin.

Pinkie cocked her head in curiosity. “What kind of mischief, like what you use to do?” There was a small amount of worry in her voice.

At this point, Hoopa decided to interject. “I don’t cause too much trouble, just some mostly harmless pranks.”

Pinkie’s smile grew wider. “You’re a prankster too? Neato, we should trade notes.”

Hoopa chuckled at this. “Sorry, but I doubt you’d be able to replicate my pranks,” She floated the ring off her right horn and let it expand to about the size of a hoola hoop. “Look in here.”

Without much hesitation, Pinkie did as she was told. A few seconds later, with a slight echo in her voice, Pinkie said. “Hey, I can see the tops of mountains!”

Hoopa rolled her eyes and pulled her ring back to her, removing it from around Pinkie’s head. “In can warp space using these,” She explained, putting the ring back in place. “So long as I have one, I can open a portal to just about anywhere.”

“That. Is. Awesome!” Pinkie shouted. “You could visit your friends in like, a second!”

“Plus, they’re helpful for pulling pranks on others.” Hoopa added, attempting to get the conversation back on track.

“Oh, oh, you’ve gotta tell me some of your prank stories. Please?” Pinkie gave Hoopa a pleading look that the Ghost-type couldn’t refuse.

“Alright,” She thought for a second, then smiled. “Alright, here’s the story of when Mew and I trapped Phione in a lake in Oblivia for a week.”


Rainbow Dash had been having a pretty good evening. The party was fun, it was interesting seeing all the Pokémon, and everyone was having a good time, then she saw them.

Two Pokémon. Both similar, one red, one blue, and both looked incredibly aerodynamic. Streamlined figures, tail feathers... fins... things... and wings that looked as if they shouldn’t have been able to bend, and yet somehow did.

“Dash?” Applejack interjected. “You’ve been starin’ at those two for almost ten minutes now.”

“Uh huh.”

Applejack shook her head. “What are ya doin’?”

“Wondering how good those two are a flying.” She admitted.

Applejack chuckled at her friend. “Always the speedster, ain’t ya Dash? Why don’t ya go ask ‘em ‘er somethin’?”

“Because,” Dash began. “I don’t know how Pokémon deal with races, what if I inadvertently enact some kind of life debt when I beat them? I don’t wanna go through what you did with Spike.”

Applejack rolled her eyes. “First off, what makes ya so sure you’ll win? Last I checked ya were only the fastest flyer in Equestria, not wherever they’re from.”

Dash looked hurt at this accusation, then her face slowly warped to one of realization, extremely pained realization.

“And second, ya could just ask what kinda rules they follow.”

Dash thought for a second about everything Applejack had said, then bolted towards the Pokémon. Applejack shook her head, then went to find her sister, since she had heard that she and her friends were hoarding the dessert tables.

Latias was having a good time at the party. The ponies were nice and she really enjoyed seeing all her friends enjoying themselves. She just wished her brother would join in the fun.

Latios had always been more withdrawn than his sister, even more so ever since the incident in Alto Mare. In fact the only reason he even came to the party was because he didn’t like leaving his sister alone.

So while Latias chatted with some of the ponies. Some sisters who worked at the spa and were interested in her feathers. Latios noticed the rainbow maned mare heading towards them.

The Eon Pokémon intersected her before she reached Latias. “Greetings Miss... Rainbow Dash,” He pulled the name from her mind. “What’s so urgent?”

“I uh, I wanted to talk to you and you’re...” She looked at Latias. “Friend.”

The Dragon cocked his head. “What about?”

Dash steeled her nerves and grinned cockily. “I wanted to challenge you to a race.”

“A race?” Latios began. “Why?” Most Pokémon weren’t this forward when it came to challenges, although it had happened before.

‘“Because I’m the fastest flyer in all of Equestria,” Dash explained. “And with all you Pokémon here I gotta defend my title “

Latios chuckled, but before he could respond Latias flew over. “Hey Latios,” She greeted. “Who’s your friend?”

Latios smiled. “Latias, this is Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash, this is my sister, Latias.”

“Hi Rainbow Dash,” Latias floated over to the mare and held out her claw. “I like your mane.”

“Thanks,” Rainbow Dash smiled and shook hooves/claws with the Dragon. “I was just asking your brother here if he wanted to have a race cause-”

“Ohh, a race? I love races! Can I come?” Latias asked excitedly, electing another chuckle from her brother.

“Well Miss Dash it seems like you’ve got yourself a challenge.” Latios wasn’t much for competition, but his sister could be quite the showoff at times.

“We can race now if you want.” Latias said. “I have good night vision.”

Rainbow Dash grinned. “Actually, how does tomorrow sound, around noon?” While Rainbow could fly at night if she wanted to she preferred doing it when the sun was up.

Latias nodded. “Alright, I’ll meet you back here around noon tomorrow, then we’ll race.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Dash said. “So how are you two liking Equestria so far?’

“What we’ve seen of it has been quite lovely,” Latios answered. “Although we’ve been in the Hall of Legends for most of the time.”

Dash blinked in confusion. “Wait... you mean... are you two Legendaries?”

“Uh huh.” Latias answered. “Why? You afraid you’re not gonna be able to beat me now?” She asked jokingly.

Dash’s eyes narrowed. “I ain’t afraid of nothing, especially not losing, cause I’m gonna win!”

Latias giggled, she had no idea just how fast Rainbow Dash could fly, but if her attitude was anything to go by, then she was in for one heck of a race tomorrow.


Misty and May had known each other for quite some time back on Earth. They met through a mutual friend, and had stayed in contact ever since, so it only made sense that they would spend the night together to try and forget about their problems for a while. Them dragging Korrina along however...

“You know you didn’t have to invite me.” Korrina said. “I was just fine on my own.”

“We know we didn’t have to,” May answered. “But we wanted to anyway. We’re all in the same boat here, and tonight, we’re going to forget about that and have some fun.”

May was still pretty upset about everything, but she wasn’t going to let that ruin a perfectly good party.

“May’s right,” Misty said. “We have... probably forever, to figure this out. For now, we should just enjoy the party.”

Korrina sighed. She knew they were right, and that sitting at a table with only Lucario for company all night wasn’t good for her.

Before Korrina could think anymore on the subject, May passed her a drink. “Now come on, loosen up, from what Misty’s told me you need it.”

Korrina took the drink and took a sip, the fizzy drink tasted similar to some drinks back on Earth, although Korrina had been hoping for something a little... stronger.

“I talked to the mare at the bar,” May explained. “She said Pinkie didn't let her bring any alcohol because she didn’t know how it would affect Pokémon.”

Despite herself, Misty laughed. “Someone needs to tell Pinkie just what a Shuckle does in it’s shell.”

May laughed and Korrina grinned, maybe it wouldn’t be so bad to spend some time with these two after all.

As the night wore on the trio began to share stories, May telling about her contests, Misty and Korrina about Gym battles, and all of them about their odder adventures.

“So let me see if I got this right,” Korrina said. “You were actually there when the Legendary Birds went crazy.”

Misty smiled. “I was right in the middle of it.”

“And when Alto Mare nearly got drowned?”

Misty frowned. “Yeah...” She turned to look in the direction of Latios and Latias, both still talking with Rainbow Dash. “I was there.”

Sensing she was closing in on a difficult subject, she turned to May. “And you were in LaRousse City when Rayquaza nearly leveled the place?”

May chuckled. “Yeah, I actually asked Deoxys about that when he got here. Turns out, after their last battle, Deoxys’ crystal got picked up by a scientist we met there, and stuck in some kind of machine that stopped his regeneration as a byproduct,” May shook her head and chuckled. “The other Legendaries apparently didn’t stop pestering Rayquaza for almost four years until he tracked down Deoxys and he was freed.”

“Wow,” Korrina said, shaking her head. “You guys have really exciting lives.”

Misty and May laughed. “Aww, come on, you’re from Kalos, I’m sure you’ve had something exciting.” May prodded.

Korrina didn’t smile,but raised an eyebrow at the pair. “Other than the time Team Flare tried to commit genocide?”

Misty and May looked at each other. “Heh, right... sorry about that.”

“Don’t apologize,” Korrina said. “Calem fixed everything in the end.” That made her stop and think, while she wasn’t best buds with Calem, she did count him as a friend. And she wondered just where he was... she supposed she could ask Xerneas later.

“So May, anyone you want to find here?” Korrina asked.

May sighed and tapped her fingers against the table. “The rest of my team, and my family.” She said. “And a few close friends.”

“Same here,” Misty said. “I just wish I knew what happened to my sisters. We weren’t even in the same region when Arceus... well, you know.”

“Yeah,” Korrina agreed. “For me, I wanna find my team, and my grandpa,” She smiled. “He’s the Mega Evolution Guru, so he might be helpful. You know, changing forms and all?” Korrina was almost certain her grandfather would know next to nothing about this kind of transformation, but she wasn’t going to say that out loud.

When Korrina mentioned Mega Evolution, May smiled. “Hey, maybe you can Mega Evolve now, since you ARE a Lucario now...although I don’t know how it’d work without a trainer.”

“Plus I lost my Keystone, and Lucario’s Mega Stone when I was brought here.” Korrina added.

May and Misty nodded. They had both lost more than just their bodies in the transfer. “You know,” May suddenly said. “I wonder if Arceus even brought Mega Stones, and Evolution stones, here. He seemed more focused on moving Pokémon, and us.”

“There’s a ten ton crystal sundial up in Canterlot that he stole from Anistar City,” Korrina replied, twirling the straw in her drink. “I don’t think he’d have a problem bringing a bunch of rocks with him.”

The group continued to talk for a while longer, then Misty and May excused themselves. Both of them were staying at Fluttershy’s for the time being, at least until they figured out more permanent living arrangements. Korrina decided that it was probably about time that she head off as well.

“See you girls around.” She waved to Misty and May as they parted ways. As Korrina began looking for Lucario she resolved to spend some more time with those two. Even though they had just talked, Korrina felt a lot more comfortable, knowing she had some friends who were in the same situation she was.


Spike had been having a great time at the party so far. He was up way past his bedtime, got to hang out with his friends, and Pinkie had even gotten rock candy specifically for him. Although he could’ve sworn he saw some kind of gremlin at the table earlier.

The only downside was that Rarity had been distracted most of the night, talking to the different Pokémon and asking them questions about fashion. Which most of them were clueless about.

Spike was considering joining the crusaders and their friends in their commandeering of the dessert table. Then he saw something that made him do a double take.

Standing over by one of the tables was what looked like another dragon, and one his age, not like Gene’s Flygon. It was blue, had some kind of silver crest, and it appeared to be on the lookout for something.

“Is that a Pokémon, or did Pinkie invite another dragon?” He wondered aloud. And figuring that it couldn’t hurt to ask, he walked over to the creature. Upon seeing him, it raised an eyelid, then ducked under the table.

“Hey, wait up!” He called after it, crawling under the table cloth. Once he was under the table, he saw the blue creature standing there. Along with the creature was another dragon-like creature with tusks, what might have been a baby sea serpent, and something that looked like a cross between a dragon and a shark.

“Um...hi?” He offered.

“Oh goody,” The Gible chirped. “Another dragon.” Spike was inwardly shocked that the creature sounded female.

“Are you sure he’s a dragon?” Axew asked. “He doesn’t look like any I’ve seen before.”

“Hey! I am totally a dragon.” Spike countered by blowing a puff of fire. “See?”

The Bagon rolled his eyes. “So you can use Ember. Any Charmander worth his flame can do that.”

“What?” Spike asked. He thought for a second, confused, then his eyes lit up. “You guys are all Pokémon right?”

The Dratini blinked in confusion. “You’re not?” She asked.

“No, hatched and raised right here in Equestria.” Spike answered.

“This place has its own Dragons?” Axew asked.

“Apparently so,” Bagon replied, he turned back to Spike. “Sorry for the doubt, but this is a Dragon’s only meeting.”

“Ok,” Spike began. “Why do you need one?”

Dratini giggled. “Because we use to have them back in the Dragon’s Den when we didn’t know what to do.”

“Alright,” Spike shrugged, deciding not to question it. “Do you want me to leave or something?”

At that question the four Dragon’s looked at each other. “One minute.” Gible said. The Pokémon met for a huddle, where they whispered amongst themselves and one of them, usually Dratini, would occasionally look up at him.

Once the huddle broke Bagon spoke up. “We have decided that... what’s your name?”

“Spike.”

“That Spike the Dragon can join the Training Dragon club.” The other Pokémon all clapped, or at least the ones with hands, while Spike wondered what he had just gotten drafted into.

“Our first order of business,” Bagon said. “Is to find a new base of operations since our old is currently....”

“Located in another dimension?” Spike offered.

“Exactly. Any ideas?”

When no one came up with any ideas, Spike spoke up. “Do you guys need a place to stay?” He asked.

“Pretty much.” Axew answered. “Our nest was back in Blackthorn City.”

“What about your parents?” He asked. From what Juniper had told Twilight, most Pokémon took care of their young.

“They were with their trainers.” Dratini said with a sigh. “The Dragon Trainers took care of us until an initiate was ready for their first Pokémon.”

“In that case, I’m sure my friend Fluttershy would be happy to let you stay with her for a while. She’s been taking in all kinds of Pokémon since you guys started showing up.” Spike was actually worried that Fluttershy would try to take in too many Pokémon eventually, since more just kept showing up, but that could be dealt with later.

“And this Fluttershy, is she a Pony?” Gible asked.

“Yeah, the nicest Pony you could ever meet.” Spike smiled. “She’s literally the spirit of kindness, or something like that.”

“And you’re sure she’ll let us stay with her for a while?” Bagon asked.

“Yes, in fact, why don’t I introduce you? She should still be here.”

The Dragon-types all looked at each other, met in another huddle, then came out grinning. “Alright, we’ll go with you to meet this Fluttershy.” Bagon said.

“Alright, follow me then.” Spike held up the tablecloth and let the rest of the Dragons out ahead of him before heading off towards where he had last seen Fluttershy, near the edge of the clearing, away from the bulk of the noise.

Sure enough, the timid Pegasus was still there, talking to a Scizor. “Hi Fluttershy.” Spike greeted.

Fluttershy looked away from the Steel-type to see Spike leading a group of baby dragon Pokémon. “Aww,” She cooed at the sight. “Who are your friends Spike?”

The group had done introductions on their way over, so Spike at least knew their names. “This is Bagon, Gible, Dratini, and Axew.” He said, gesturing to each as he said their name.

“We’re the Training Dragon club.” Dratini added happily, electing a giggle from Fluttershy.

“It’s nice to meet all of you,” She said. “Did you need something Spike?”

“Actually, yeah, you see these guys don’t really have anywhere to go, and their parents aren’t around to take care of them, so I was wondering if-”

Fluttershy held up a hoof and smiled softly. “Say no more Spike, I’d be happy to help your friends. They can stay with me.”

“You sure?” Spike asked. “Cause I wouldn’t want to impose.”

“I’m sure,” Fluttershy assured her friend. “I have enough room for these little cuties back at my cottage.”

Spike smiled. “Thanks ‘Shy, but promise me if you need anything you’ll ask.”

Fluttershy smiled. “I promise.”

After talking a bit more and figuring out when Fluttershy was planning to head homes, Spike turned back to the other Dragons. “Well, looks like you guys have got a place to stay.”

The group smiled and cheered and Dratini slid up to Spike and nuzzled him. “Thanks Spike.”

Spike smiled and said. “No problem, I’m always happy to help.”

Bagon stepped forward with a grin on his face and slapped Spike on the back. “You’ll make a great addition to our team, especially after a little training.”

“Yeah, about that...” Spike began. “What exactly is your club?”

“It’s pretty simple,” Gible explained. “We help each other train so that we can get stronger and eventually Evolve.”

Spike remembered seeing what Belle had done to the Combee, and what Juniper did to the Ponies in Trottingham. “W-wait, do you mean-”

“Now come on team,” Bagon said. “I smelled sweets on the way here, and I wanna get my claws on some Poképuffs.”

The Dragon-types cheered and ran towards the dessert table, leaving Spike wondering just what he had gotten himself into this time. “Ehh,” He shrugged. “How bad could it be? The girls have dragged me on their crusades before. This can’t be any worse than that.” That made him shudder.

And as the night went on, Pokemon and Ponies began to come to an understanding a midst the fun and games, that this was, in fact, Pinkie's greatest party yet!

Author's Note
Chatot Tauros
Articuno Raikou
Bagon Gible
Axew Dratini
Latios Latias

Also, a link to a story idea my good friend tdnpony thought up. LINK!

Place your bets! Place your bets!

Hoopa, what the heck are you doing?

I'm running a betting game on who'll win this race, between you and me, my money's on Latias.

PreviousChapters Next