• Published 5th Jan 2014
  • 42,005 Views, 7,805 Comments

A New World, a New Way - zeusdemigod131



To protect his Pokemon from harm Arceus has moved most of his worlds populus to Equestria in hopes that they can live in peace, but peace is often harder to obtain than one might think.

  • ...
171
 7,805
 42,005

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4

Celestia and Luna stood in one of the private labs of Princess Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns, watching as the rings of a machine before them spun at an increasingly alarming rate. Discord had opted out of going, fearing that the stallion running the equipment would try to dissect him again.

“Unbelievable.” Bio Chem looked at the readout on the screens and shook his head. “Inconceivable.” He checked a print coming from another machine. “Impossible.”

Celestia shifted awkwardly as she watched him run from machine to machine. She had no idea how any of the technology worked, because, unlike Luna, who seemed to embrace new advances in science and magic, she largely kept with some of the “old ways”, though some of the excitement about these advancements nipped at her, so she was beginning to give in to the urges to learn more. With the stallion completely engrossed in his work, she and Luna were basically just waiting for the results.

“Where did you say you found this one?” He asked, pointing to the Trubbish inside the machine that had now stopped spinning. His accent was vaguely Trottingham, but with an odd bit of Germane thrown in.

“In the garbage.” Celestia answered.

“And this one,” He walked over to the Swablu, resting on an exam table after its scan. “Just came in a window?”

“Yes,” Luna said, losing patience in the science. “Now are they dangerous or not?”

“Depends.” Bio Chem pulled the Trubbish from the machine and placed it on a counter.

“On what?” Celestia watched as the Trash Bag Pokémon began to eat a container of Q-tips.

“On who you’re asking.” Bio Chem tapped the Swablu’s beak and wrote something down on a clipboard.

“Bio Chem.” Celestia sighed. This always happened when she went to him for help. “Could you please just explain yourself, clearly?”

“Certainly, Princess,” He set down the clipboard and began explaining. “These creatures are of course dangerous. Everything is; that one for instance,” He pointed to the Trubbish, still eating Q-tips from a jar. “Is obviously dangerous if you’re garbage… or allergic to several types of unknown and possibly deadly or acidic toxins.”

“What?”

“And this one,” He walked over to the Swablu and held up a dark brown fore hoof, which the creature quickly fluttered onto. “Is probably dangerous to insects and possibly some types of fruit.” He thought for a second and then said. “I also found trace elements of Draconic DNA in it, which I can’t quite explain.”

Bio Chem walked over to the Princesses. “But to answer your question, partially at least, this little bird is very likely not dangerous to Ponies, Griffins, Zebras, or any life form larger than a house fly.”

“Yes!” Luna grabbed the bird and placed it on her back, it again hunkered down into a small puffy ball.

“Fine,” Celestia said, not having been worried about the bird anyway. “But what about the trash?”

“That,” He smiled almost giddily, moving a stray strand of his spiked stark white hair out of his eyes. “Is where it gets interesting.”

He rushed to one of the cupboards and pulled it open, leaning in and rummaging around until he pulled out a small metal chip. “This… thing, whatever it is, has DNA,” He turned a screen towards the princesses, revealing a DNA helix much like the one on the geneticist’s flank but instead of black like his cutie mark, or red and blue like his screens normally showed, this strand was purple and green. “But, in all honesty, it shouldn’t. It is, from what I can tell, genetically altered and animated garbage, and since garbage doesn’t have a genetic structure unless you’re dumpster diving at a sushi house, that raises a whole new set of questions.”

Celestia and Luna watched as Bio Chem walked over to the Pokémon, opened its mouth like one would a trash can lid, and dropped the chip in.

“Trubbish.” The creature replied, happily licking its lips.

“Why'd you do that?” Luna asked, turning away from her new pet as Bio Chem turned another screen towards them revealing... a blank screen and a straight line, like on a broken heart rate monitor.

“That chip was a tracker I designed for the Dragon Migration last year, it was made to withstand lava, Dragon fire, and, if need be, Draconic digestive juices. This screen monitors its current location and condition. Tell me what you see?”

Both sisters looked at the screen, not wanting to say something stupid that they didn’t know was stupid.

“Nothing?” Celestia ventured.

“Exactly!” Bio Chem’s sudden exclamation made both princesses jump, and the little bird on Luna’s back to dart into the lunar princess’s mane for shelter. “This thing has some kind of toxins in its digestive tract, bloodstream, and pretty much every internal structure, that is more toxic than a Dragon’s blood or digestive juice.”

Celestia nodded her head, beginning to understand. “So it is dangerous.”

“Not unless you provoke it, it appears.” Or not. “It seems to have the ability to spray this toxin from its mouth or hands as a defense mechanism, but seeing as it hasn’t done that then it’s either less intelligent than the brain scans suggest or it doesn’t feel like it’s in enough danger to warrant an attack.”

“And just how intelligent is it?” Celestia asked, an aching suspicion that he was once again not mentioning some important detail.

“Oh… it’s sapient actually. The bird, too.”

Celestia facehoofed. “Couldn't you have mentioned that earlier?”

“Not really, the brain scan was one of the last tests I administered and you were asking me about genetics, I only do neuroscience as a side thing.”

Celestia was about to say something, but Bio Chem interrupted her.

“Oh, and speaking of genetics, those things share less than ten percent of their genetic code with any Equestrian species… that I have a scan of.” He silently cursed the chaos god’s unwillingness. “But they share a good… let’s say, twenty percent? With each other. Sorry, but I’m not used to this kind of genetic structure, so the exact numbers are a bit lacking.”

“What does that mean?” Luna asked as she coaxed her new friend out of her mane.

“It means what I said. They share common DNA and lack almost all Equestrian DNA.”

“Bio Chem, what-?”

“Princess!” Two Unicorn solar guards and Bat Ponies burst through the door, holding yet another creature between them.

“We found this trying to sneak into the castle.” The lunar guard reported.

The creature between the solar guards was brown and, statue like, in appearance, it had a head as large as its body, marked with several black lines, and green eyes that pointed almost straight down, its body was marked with four light brown dots and its legs were extremely stubby, instead of fingers ending its short arms there were three button like spots, one green, one yellow, and one red.

“What is that?” Bio Chem rushed past the Alicorns and over to the creature. “Hello,” The Earth pony said with a smile. “What are you, then?”

The creature looked up at the stallion and, to the surprise of all, spoke.

“My name is Professor Juniper...” She looked down at her new hands. “and I’m supposed to be human.”


Applejack and the others arrived back at the house to find Granny Smith, Spike, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Gene, Belle, Korrina, and Korrina’s Lucario, sitting in the living room. With Gene and Belle explaining what had happened on the way over.

“-and after your grandson took the hive to where he said they could stay, Applejack led us here.” Gene looked to the group who had just entered the room and smiled.

Granny Smith soon took notice and smiled as well. “Good, now that we’re all here we can finally get some answers.”

“Just a minute, Granny,” Applejack stepped forward, walking closer to the Psychic pair. Gene and Belle were expecting her to say something else hurtful or rude. “Ah want to apologize ta you two,” They looked at her in shock. “Ah haven’t been treatin’ you like Ah should, Ah was treatin’ you like you weren’t ponies… um, Ah think you get what Ah’m sayin’. I judged ya’ll too quickly cause Ah was all paranoid due ta Pinkie’s doozy, but that ain’t an excuse. Ya’ll seem like right kind folk, and Ah hope ya can forgive me.”

She held a hoof towards Gene with a sorry expression on her face, Gene looked at her for a second, then smiled and grabbed her hoof, shaking it and saying. “Apology accepted.”

Applejack smiled and turned to Belle. The Gardevoir stared at her for a moment, then sighed. “Apology accepted.”

Granny Smith chuckled and said. “Good ta see everyone’s gettin’ along, now how about some answers?” Despite her calm demeanor, the elder mare was actually rather curious about the creatures currently in her home, and apparently under her employ. “Now these two have filled me in on what’s happened since ya met them, ‘bout Pokémon and the bees and all, but they wanted to wait until we were all here ta answer any more questions, and since they have some themselves, Ah figured it would be best ta let a princess handle the proceedings and whatnot.”

Twilight’s eyes went wide, partially from excitement and partially from nervousness, at the prospect of conducting diplomatic proceedings with the first extra-Equestrian life forms ever discovered. What if I say something wrong and offend them? Is there a proper greeting? What about all the different species? How can I-?

“Princess? Princess? You alright?” Gene waved a bladed arm in front of Twilight’s face, causing her to return to reality as well as flinch back at the sight of the appendage.

“Sorry.” Gene apologized sheepishly. “You got really quiet all of a sudden and you were starting to hyperventilate.”

“It’s alright,” Twilight took a deep breath and remembered her princess lessons, she and the others took various seats around the room, Fluttershy placed Cubone and Togepi on the ground near her hooves. “So… do any of you have any titles that we should address you by?”

The four Pokémon that were the subjects looked at each other, mostly with Gene looking to Korrina, who shrugged.

“Not really,” Gene shook his head. “Korrina’s a Gym Leader but that’s not like a princess or anything.”

“I am a marchioness in the Battle Chateau,” Korrina explained with a smile. “But that’s just for battles, no real world implications.”

Twilight nodded and filed the phrases, ‘Gym Leader’ and ‘Battle Chateau’ for later use.

“Mind if I ask something?” Gene ventured.

“Not at all.” Twilight smiled, hoping the question would be about Equestria, or magic, or Equus.

“Why does that pony have a Togepi and a Cubone?” Twilight barely hid her disappointment as she answered.

“Fluttershy found them, and what I’m guessing were a lot of other Pokémon this morning, those two are just sensitive from what I’ve heard.”

Gene nodded and smiled outwardly, inwardly, however, was a different story. “A Cubone acting all sensitive? That’s not going to be a pretty subject.”

“No it’s not,” Belle agreed through the link she had set up. “But we agreed not to lie to them unless absolutely necessary.”

“Poor little guys.” Gene sighed in resignation. “We’ll talk to them later.”

The conversation took place almost instantly, leaving no silence between Twilight’s answer and the next question which, surprisingly, came from Fluttershy who, upon entering the house, had tried to make herself seem as small as possible, probably due to the intimidating stature of the Lucario pair and Gene’s more… hazardous features.

“I have a question.”

Belle, sensing the mare’s discomfort, answered as gently as possible. “Go ahead, Fluttershy.”

Fluttershy shifted nervously. “Um, you see, Togepi and Cubone were acting, sort of depressed when I found them, and Cubone still seems to be having some problems… do you have any idea why?”

“Crud.” Korrina cursed under her breath.

“Well, you see,” Gene started nervously. “Cubone have an… unpleasant history in our world, but that might not be it! He could be missing his Trainer, or something.”

“C-could you ask him? I mean, if that’s not too much trouble. Twilight told me you can understand Pokémon on the way over.”

“S-sure.” Gene turned to Korrina and Belle, both of whom had nervous expressions, then directed his attention to the little Pokémon. “Cubone?” He said, attracting the Ground type’s attention. “W-would you mind telling me why you’re sad?” Please don’t be it. Please don’t be it. Please don’t be it.

“I-I-I m-miss mommy.’ The little creature said with a sniffle. Crap. Cubone went from sniffling to crying softly and Fluttershy picked him up, cradling him in her hooves she looked at Gene with alarm.

“What happened? What did you do?” There was clearly anger in her voice and Gene hoped to avoid any kind of confrontation.

“I just asked the question, I swear.” He said holding up his hands. “It’s the answer that’s the problem.”

“Well what’s the answer?” Rainbow Dash looked at him in confusion.

Gene sighed and hung his head. “He misses his mommy.” There was silence in the room until Applejack broke it.

"W-what do you mean?” She had a sneaking suspicion at the Gallade’s meaning but wanted to hear it herself.

Belle decided to answer the question. “Do you have poachers here, Applejack?”

Fluttershy looked up at the mention of poachers and answered. “P-poachers, you mean those meanies who, who… oh no.” The realization hit her like a ton of bricks.

“I’m afraid so.” Belle looked to the little creature crying into Fluttershy’s shoulder, she used her powers to block what she was about to say. “I’ve temporarily blocked Cubone’s…” A second thought and she did the same to Togepi. “And Togepi’s hearing to say this.” The Gardevoir steeled herself. “Cubone’s mother… was likely killed by poachers.”

For a moment, no one spoke, then Twilight spoke. “Girls, Spike, could you go upstairs for a moment? I don’t want you to hear this.”

The group complained and in the end Belle just put a cone of silence on them as well.

Without the danger of scaring the children, Twilight asked her next question. “You said history, what did you mean?”

Korrina spoke up. “Cubone’s mother, a Pokémon called Marowak, are often hunted for their pelt and bones, or rather, most of their bones, at least.”

“Wh-who would do such a thing?” Fluttershy was part scared, part angry, and part ready to burst into tears.

“Some terrible humans,” Korrina explained. “A group called Team Rocket really started it a couple of decades back but it’s still happening today, despite the authorities’ best attempts to stop it.”

“Humans? Are they another type of Pokémon?” Twilight, while horrified with the facts, was morbidly interested in the world from which the Pokémon came.

"No,” Korrina said. “Not Pokémon.”

“Then what are they?”

Korrina looked Twilight straight in the eyes. “I’m a human.”

“Korrina!” Gene snapped, he thought she was going to keep that a secret.

“Sorry Gene, but I’m explaining this situation completely,” She looked at him, a knowing look in her eye. “How else are we going to get back to normal?”

Gene fell silent as the ponies looked between them. “Ah thought you called her a Lucario or somethin’?” Applejack was more than slightly confused at the turn of events.

“Well she is a Lucario…” Gene rolled his eyes.

“I’m supposed to be human.” Korrina turned to him with an edge in her voice. “Or did you forget that you’re one too?”

“Alright, somepony better start makin’ sense soon.” Applejack was practically shouting at this point.

“Gene and I,” Korrina explained. “Were humans back on Earth, but now we’re Pokémon.”

“So… you’re the ones who-” Belle was actually the one who cut Fluttershy off.

“I, as one who has always been a Pokémon, can personally assure you that neither Korrina nor Gene have ever done anything as barbaric as the situation with Cubone.”

“CAN SOMEPONY TURN THIS THING OFF NOW?” Scootaloo shouted, Belle removed the cone of silence from the fillies, the Pokémon, and Spike.

“Which, I suggest, we discuss at a later date.”

“Alright,” Twilight was trying to keep calm as the room rapidly descended into chaos. “You two, stop arguing and explain yourselves.”

Korrina smiled, still watching Gene. “Sorry, Princess. You see, Gene and I are actually humans and we have somehow been transformed into Pokémon.”

“How?”

Korrina shrugged. “Probably the same way we got here.”

“Well…” Twilight was about to ask why no one had mentioned that particular subject earlier, but realized, from the Pokémon’s reactions, that the subject was probably very touchy. However, she did need an answer. “This seems like a pretty important detail. Why didn’t you mention it before?”

Gene looked at Twilight, then at Belle, then Korrina, who wouldn’t meet his gaze. “I… it – look, it’s really personal for me, okay?” He knew he would have to answer it eventually, he just didn’t want to do it in front of so many.

Twilight seemed to realize this and decided to drop the subject. “Alright, we’ll talk about it later, but this whole thing has brought up two really important questions.”

“Actually I think there are more like seven or something by now.” Rainbow Dash commented from the couch.

“No,” Pinkie tapped a pen to a clipboard that she had pulled from somewhere. “There’re about five. I’ve been keeping track.”

“The question is,” Twilight said, ignoring her friends. “How did you get here? And how did you get transformed?”

“That’s two of the five.” Pinkie smiled and crossed something off a checklist.

“Is there anything you can think of, anything at all, that could have caused this to happen?” Twilight asked, hoping for a straight answer.

Gene, Belle and Korrina looked at each other, scratching their heads and generally being lost. That is, until Gene remembered an old legend he had heard in the Sinnoh region. “Oh, Arceus,” He muttered aloud. “The legendaries.”


Deep in the Everfree Forest, beyond the hut of a Zebra herbalist, beyond the Ancient Castle of the Alicorn Sisters, beyond the cave of a forest-dwelling dragon, there sat a temple. It hadn't always been there, but it had still been around long enough to send a clear warning to all who came near it. Enter at your own risk. It had arrived a little after breakfast.

“Lord Arceus?” Articuno sat beside her siblings as she waited for the god’s next announcement.

Arceus turned his attention away from the strings of destiny he had been studying and turned to the ice bird. “Yes, Articuno?”

“What exactly are we waiting for?” A murmur of agreement went up from the assembled Pokémon.

“Not much, really. I’ve been watching several groups, one very close to here, and am trying to piece together what the outcome of this situation might be.” Predicting the future was no easy task, even for a god.

“Then can we leave?” Hoopa tapped the table impatiently.

“Yesss,” Zygarde hissed. “Thisss forest is in tune with chaoss, I wish to cleanssse it.”

Arceus looked at his family and sighed, he knew letting them all leave would only cause problems. “Zygarde you may begin clearing this forest. Shaymin, go help him.” Shaymin had reverted to her earth form during the transfer, but was happy to oblige, she followed Zygarde as he slithered out of the temple. "I can’t let you all leave just yet. Mass hysteria would ensue.”

Several of the legendaries groaned at the announcement. “But I believe that allowing some of you to leave might be fortuitous, check the state of the world and whatnot. Suicune, Mew, Deoxys, I want you three to begin this. Try to stay hidden for now if you can.”

The Mew and Suicune smiled and Deoxys smiled on the inside as the three made their way out of the temple. “And Mew.” Arceus said through a mental link between them. “Be careful, sweetie.”

Mew giggled and disappeared in a flash of light, leaving Arceus and forty-eight other legendaries alone in the ancient temple. “Anyone know any good jokes?” Hoopa asked, electing another groan from the group.

Arceus turned his attention away from his family and back to the strings of fate, and back to Sweet Apple Acres.


“So, these legendary Pokémon,” Twilight tried to summarize what she had just been told. “Are sort of like gods in your world?”

“Some of them more so than others,” Belle explained. “But yes.”

“And a few of these legendaries,”

“Mostly Arceus,” Gene interrupted.

“Might have enough power to cause all of this?” The princess gestured around the room at the Pokémon, and humans in Pokémon form, currently in the magical land of Equestria.

“If anything on Earth has enough power to cause this it would be Arceus.” Belle looked to her mate.

“But Arceus is supposed to be locked in another dimension, and besides." Gene said, spreading his arms wide in annoyance. "Why would a god do something like this?”

“I can think of a god who might do this for fun.” Twilight Sparkle suddenly remembered something she was supposed to do. “Oh, darn it! Spike, I need you to write a letter to Princess Celestia telling her what's going on.”

“On it… does anyone have some paper?”

“Hang on.” Applejack trotted into the kitchen and returned a moment later with a piece of parchment.

“Thanks.” Spike began to summarize the current situation for the solar princess, the Pokémon, the humans, the possibility of the legendaries. “There.” He rolled up the paper and held it in front of his jaw.

Korrina looked at the little Dragon with confusion. “What are you-?” The Pokémon’s eyes went wide as Spike blew fire on to the letter, which collected in a puff of smoke and flew out a window. “Doing?”

Twilight saw the expression on the Lucario’s face and laughed. “Don’t worry, that’s how I send letters to the princess.”

“By burning them?”

“Yes.”

Korrina decided not to question it any further, figuring that she wouldn’t have to get used to the inexplicable world of Equestria. Maybe this Princess Celestia would be able to do something. She looked down at her hands – paws – and sighed. She really hoped she could.

“Twilight,” Spike said. “We should probably head to the library, the princess will probably want to meet us there.”

“Good idea, Spike.” Twilight stood up. “I need you four to come with me,” She pointed to the Pokémon. “Girls, you should probably come too.” The former Elements of Harmony nodded, Fluttershy picked Togepi off of the floor and placed her next to the sleeping Cubone on her back. Twilight then turned to the CMC’s. “You three are going to stay here, and actually stay this time, alright?”

“Yes, Princess Twilight.” Normally Twilight would’ve told them that they didn’t have to call her that but for the situation, it seemed oddly fitting.

“Granny, you’ll keep an eye on ‘em right?” Applejack looked to her grandmother expectantly.

“Of course Ah will,” Granny Smith looked down at the fillies and smiled. “They can help me in the kitchen, Ah’m makin’ apple pies for dessert. And ah expect all’a ya ta be back for dinner.”

Applejack chuckled. “We’ll try, Granny.”

The ponies said their goodbyes and left the farmhouse, with the Pokémon following behind them.

As they walked Belle managed to spot several Pokémon hiding amongst the trees. A Scyther was sound asleep in the upper branches, a Graveler curled up along the roadside, and a Kecleon was attempting to camouflage itself. But something in the corner of Belle’s eye caught her attention, she turned and saw a light pink cat-like face watching her from behind a tree, but once she blinked it was gone.

“Belle?” Gene noticed his partner’s distraction. “Everything alright?”

“Yeah, I just thought… never mind. Just my mind playing tricks on me.” Gene wasn't completely convinced but let the subject drop.

While Gene was still upset with Korrina for bringing up that situation back at the house, he understood that it had been ultimately unavoidable. “So,” He said to the group of Pokémon. “How many Pokémon do you think got transported, and how many used to be humans?”

“No idea,” Korrina looked to her partner. “Lucario, can you see anything?”

The Aura Pokémon sighed and spoke for the first time since explaining himself to Granny Smith. “It is… hard to tell, Korrina. The energies of this world are different than our own, and these ponies have auras like nothing I’ve ever seen, the world’s energy is much richer than Earth’s… and oddly enough, your own auras,” He looked to his Trainer and Gene. “Have already begun to change from human to that of Pokémon.”

“Is that good or bad?” Korrina asked.

“It’s not exactly either, I’ve just never seen something like this before.” Lucario shrugged.

The group fell silent for a while but the ponies were still discussing the matter. “What exactly do you think’s going to happen here?” Rainbow Dash flew lazily alongside her friends.

Twilight sighed for what seemed like the millionth time today. “I don’t know. I’m hoping the princesses will be able to do something, but in all honesty, I have no idea.”

Nopony spoke. They were all so used to Twilight coming up with a plan, whether it went badly or not, but now the mare seemed utterly distraught at the prospect of not having a clue what to do.

While everypony mulled over what to say next, Togepi, still sitting on Fluttershy’s back, turned towards a grove of trees. “Toki?” She looked quizzically at the apple trees for a moment, listening, then smiled and jumped off of Fluttershy’s back, she began to waddle towards the woods but was interrupted when Fluttershy caught her.

“Now, sweetie,” She said to the squirming Pokémon. “You can’t go running off like that, I don't want you-”

“Vaporeon!” Fluttershy looked up but was too late to dodge the blue blur that tackled her and knocked her to the ground.

“Fluttershy!” The girls and Spike ran back to their friend and the Pokémon rushed forward. Cubone, who had gotten off of Fluttershy when she went to catch Togepi, was crying again.

Fluttershy opened her eyes and looked up at the half-cat, half-fish face glaring down at her. “Vaporeee…” Fluttershy hid behind her hooves as the creature growled at her.

“Toki-preee!” The Vaporeon suddenly looked up, all hate gone from its stare, and rushed over to the little Pokémon.

Belle and the other Pokémon managed to reach the Vaporeon before Twilight and her friends.

“Oh, I was so worried!” the Vaporeon cried, holding Togepi.

“I’m sorry, Misty.” The Togepi whispered sweetly.

“Misty?” Gene and Korrina both jumped at the name. Korrina because she knew of the Kanto gym leader, and Gene because he had battled her once while competing in the Kanto league.

Misty looked up just as the ponies arrived, Rarity and Pinkie began to comfort Fluttershy while Twilight, Rainbow Dash and Applejack ran to where Misty and the other Pokémon were.

“Explain.” Twilight ordered, eyeing the entire group. “Now.”

Gene sighed and began explaining. “Twilight, everyone, this is Misty. She’s a Vaporeon but, like us she used to be human.”

“Wait, you used to be human too?” Misty asked in amazement.

“Yes,” Korrina answered. “I’m Korrina, a Gym Leader from Kalos, and this is Gene.”

“What’d she ask you?” Dash looked down at the Water type.

“She was surprised that we used to be human.” Gene explained.

“Well why’d she attack Fluttershy?” Applejack asked.

“I was trying to get Togepi, when I saw your friend holding her I kinda freaked out, sorry but you wouldn’t believe the day I’ve been having.”

“Yes, they would.” Belle replied. “She was worried that Togepi, who is one of her Pokémon by the way, was in danger.”

“From Fluttershy?” Twilight deadpanned.

“What’s going on?” Misty wondered aloud.

“It’s a long story, and this is confusing. Belle, can you do that thing you did to me so we can have one conversation?” Korrina looked at the Psychic type and smiled.

“Fine.” Belle extended her arm towards Misty and reached into her mind, she was already supporting Gene’s, Korrina’s, Lucario’s and her own translator but she figured she could handle one more.

The former human looked up at the Gardevoir. “What are you doing?” The translator happened to activate halfway through the question. “Va, Vap-you doing?”

“W-what’s going on here anyway?” Misty looked up at the ponies nervously.

Gene decided to give Misty the quick version of their situation. “Hi, I’m Gene, I actually battled you once a few years back but that’s not important. As for your question… we’re on Equus, which is apparently another planet populated by these guys,” He gestured to the ponies before them, Pinkie Pie waved. “Who are called ponies, we don’t really have any idea what happened or why we’re Pokémon but we’re going to a meeting with the rulers of Equestria, that’s this region, and hoping that they can help us, also,” He smirked. “Have you gotten shorter?”

Misty’s mind took a moment to process the info dump it had just received… then she registered what might have been an insult. “Hey!” Gene just smiled.


Princess Celestia was no stranger to the odd and unusual, she had been around for over a thousand years and experienced many things she could not, to this very day, explain. But drinking tea in a high tech lab with her little sister, an Earth pony geneticist, and an alien from another world… now that was new.

“So Professor,” Bio Chem said as he sipped his tea. “You were working in your lab, late one night, researching… Pokémon?” The Pokémon professor nodded in affirmation. “Then you remember falling asleep and when you woke up you were in the royal gardens?”

“In a new body, yes.” Professor Juniper was not very happy about her current situation, she was a lost Beheeyem, a confused Beheeyem, a scared Beheeyem, and all in all, a Beheeyem.

“Ah, yes, you mentioned that you were a… what was it called, a human earlier? What exactly do you mean?”

“I mean I was a human, and now I’m a Pokémon.” She looked down at the cup of tea in her hands, which, due to her new body lacking any form of mouth, she couldn’t drink. “I’ve somehow changed into a Beheeyem overnight.”

“Well then!” Bio Chem exclaimed. “You’ve come to the right place, Bio Chem’s the name, genetic research and DNA modeling is my game.” The stallion ran off to gather equipment, leaving the princesses and the Pokémon alone.

“Should I be worried?” Juniper asked the princesses, fearing that she was about be dissected.

Celestia laughed and answered. “No, Bio Chem can be a little eccentric at times but he’s never physically harmed anyone.”

“What about mentally?”

Celestia shrugged. “He once scared a pair of Unicorns so badly they passed out, he was testing a new form of magical nullifier and drained the magic from the entire room.” The princess might have come up with more examples but as it was a wisp of smoke flew into the room and solidified in front of her.

Celestia caught the scroll in her magic and began to read it. As she did her eyes began to widen and, noticing this, her sister leaned over to her and asked. “Is everything alright, sister?”

“Luna… it would appear that these creatures,” She pointed to the Swablu perched on Luna’s horn, and the Trubbish was resting peacefully in a waste paper basket nearby. “Are not an isolated incident.” The solar princess stood up suddenly, her sister copied her. “We must get to Ponyville at once.”

She looked to Juniper, who had a very puzzled look on her face and said. “I apologize Professor Juniper, but my sister and I must be off, I leave you in capable hooves.”

The sisters left the room, Luna taking Swablu with her, and leaving Juniper alone with a sleeping Trubbish and an Earth Pony who was still looking for the right tools.

“Professor!” He called from a supply closet. “Do you think your skin is softer, as hard, or harder than diamonds?”

At that point, Professor Juniper started wondering if her new form knew any moves, and if Teleport was one of them.

PreviousChapters Next