• Published 23rd Nov 2013
  • 681 Views, 3 Comments

Life Of Spike - ZeppelinFan64



Spike is looked upon as a messiah.

  • ...
 3
 681

Chapter I

The realm of Equestria is known to be ruled by the royal sisters, Celestia and Luna. But what would happen if someone else was considered to be the great ruler? Well, funny story is: There was. A young dragon named Spike. Now, Spike had been living in Ponyville for a few years, and was never considered anything more than just a harmless baby dragon. But until one day, he was considered to be, the almighty chosen one. The messiah, if you will. Here's the story of the great:

Life Of Spike

It was a bright morning as the sun shone brightly throughout all of Ponyville. And it was this time of morning, as usual, that Spike goes out and does his daily morning walk around the town.

"Ah." Spike said cheerfully. "Another great day. It's a day like this where absolutely nothing can go wrong."

"There he is!" A random voice shot out of nowhere.

"Huh?" Spike looked as he saw before him: A rather large crowd of ponies charging right at him.

"There he is. After him!" A stallion said from the crowd.

"Whoa!" Spike yelled as he started running.

The mob of ponies kept running after him. Spike was unsure what it was that made everypony around chase after him. But whatever it was, he thought maybe talking to them would calm them down.

They chased Spike all through most of town. Running out of breath, Spike stopped to catch a quick rest. But while doing so, the mob had already circled around Spike, with all eyes beaming straight at him.

"Um," Spike began to say. "I'm not sure what I did to make everypony so angry, but I am sorry for whatev-"

"Hail the messiah!" The crowd chanted. "Hail the messiah!"

"What?" Spike asked.

"You are our messiah!" A stallion next to Spike said.

"What? No I'm not."

"Yes you are, oh great one." A mare said. "It's foretold in the prophecy."

"What prophecy?" Spike asked.

"This one." The mare said holding up a book entitled The Dunderhead's Guide To Religious Prophecy. "It states here that back in the very early ages of Equestria, there was said to be a dragon who did not live for violence and evil, but rather brought peace and unity among pony kind. The dragon was so innocent and so caring that he was considered a god to all around and was worshiped heavily. Then it says that someday, another dragon will take the place as the almighty drake and he shall be dubbed the chosen one."

"All hail the chosen one!" The crowd began chanting. "Long live the messiah!"

"But you've got it all wrong!" Spike tried to explain. "I'm not any messiah of any kind. Plus you already have rulers. What about princess Celestia and Luna?"

"Oh they are just impostors. You are our true leader oh master." A stallion said bowing to Spike.

"Stop that." Spike said. "Please good ponies understand, I'm not your master, messiah, or the chosen one. Please understand that I am just a dragon who lives with ponies. I am not to be looked at as your said 'god.' So please do not worship me and go about your day."

The crowd stood silent. Maybe they had taken head of Spike's words. Maybe they finally understand.

"How shall we go about our day, oh master?" A pony asked.

"Didn't you hear any word I said about NOT being your master?"

"Well I say you are oh lord. Now please, give us a sign. Tell us the ways of your great wisdom."

Spike lost his patience with his 'followers.' "That's it! Leave me alone!" Spike said as he ran away.

Spike tried to run back home, but the crowd of obsessed ponies followed him like a shadow. Everywhere he ran, they would follow. Until eventually he hid in a nearby garbage can and gave them the slip.

"Phew, that was a close one." Spike said climbing out of the trash can.

At The Library:

Spike was in the kitchen making something to eat, when all of a sudden-

"SPIKE!" Twilight bellowed his name from the living room.

"Yes Twilight?" Spike called from the kitchen.

"Would you mind telling me what's going on?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You should know." Twilight said. "There's a multitude of ponies out there screaming and chanting your name."

"What?!" Spike walked to the window only to see the crowd from earlier still following him around.

"Oh no!" Spike said.

"Spike, what have you been up to?"

"Um, maybe they just popped by for something."

"Popped by?! Swarmed by more like it!"

"Well, they started following me earlier today, but-"

"Well, they'll stop following you right now!" Twilight said opening the door to speak to the frantic crowd.

"Now stop following my assistant! You ought to be ashamed of yourselves!"

"The messiah! The messiah! Show us the messiah!" The crowd yelled.

"The who?" Twilight asked.

"The messiah!"

"Well there's no 'messiah' in here. There's a mess all right, but no messiah. Now go away!" Twilight said.

"Spike! Spike! Spike!" The crowd continued.

"Alright Spike, what have you been up to?!" Twilight said facing Spike from the door.

"Nothing Twilight."

"You're only making it worse for yourself Spike!"

"Let me explain!" Spike pleaded.

"The messiah! The messiah!" The crowd kept at it.

"Ooooh! That's it!" Twilight said storming back to the door.

"Now you listen here! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty dragon! Now go away!"

"Who are you?" One follower asked.

"Yeah, are you his mother or something?" Another pony asked.

"In some sort of way, I am kind of like Spike's mother. So yes." Twilight answered.

"Behold his mother! Behold his mother!" The followers began to chant.

Twilight started to warm up to their behavior, but nonetheless, she had to get rid of them.

"Now don't think you can get around me like that. He's not coming out, and that's my final word. So go away!" Twilight said about to close the door.

"No!" The crowd yelled.

Twilight turned her face back to them. "Did you hear what I said?"

"Yes!" The crowd answered.

"Oh, I see, I get it. So it's going to be like that, huh?" Twilight asked.

"Yes!" The followers said.

"Oh, alright. You can see him for one minute, but not one second more. Do you understand?"

"Yes."

"Promise?" Twilight asked.

"Well...Alright." The crowd said.

"Alright then." Twilight went to fetch Spike who was hiding in the kitchen.

"Come on Spike, come and talk to them." Twilight said pushing Spike near the door.

"But I don't really want to." Spike said facing the crowd.

"Spike! Spike! Spike!" The followers began screaming.

"Um, hello." Spike said to the group of ponies.

"A blessing! A blessing!" The followers kept shouting.

"Okay, that's it! I've got something to say to all of you!" Spike said.

"Tell us, oh great messiah!" They kept shouting.

"Listen, you've got it all wrong! I'm not the messiah! You don't need to follow me, or anypony! Do you understand?" Spike asked trying to get through them again.

"Yes!" They said.

"Really? You understand? Well, I guess that's-"

"Tell us more!" The followers shouted.

"No! No! NO!" Spike yelled. "Don't let anypony tell you what to do! Otherwise-"

"That's enough, that's enough." Twilight said pulling Spike aside.

"Ooooh. That wasn't a minute!" The crowd said.

"Oh, yes it was!" Twilight said.

"Oh, no it wasn't!" They said back.

"Now stop that, and go away!" Twilight said slamming the door.

"What am I gonna do Twilight?" Spike asked. "It seems like no matter what I say, they just don't listen. Can't they see that I'm not this 'great dragon messiah' that they keep referring me to?"

"Well Spike, I guess the best thing for you to do is just ride this out."

"Ride this out?! Are you nuts?! And have this colony of crazy ponies following around my every step every day for the rest of my life?!"

"Now, don't get an attitude Spike. I just don't really know what to tell you."

"I can't take it anymore Twilight! I'm at my wit's end with this whole thing." Spike sat down.

Slam!

"Who could that be?" Spike asked still in a very mopey attitude.

"It's probably Pinkie Pie. I invited her over today."

"Hi guys. What's with that huge crowd outside calling for Spike?" Pinkie asked

"Oh, they think that Spike is some kind of dragon god, so they've colonized themselves outside the library to praise him."

"What?" Pinkie asked. "Am I missing something? Spike is a GOD?!"

"I don't want to talk about it!" Spike said sitting on the floor with his face in is hands.

"What's wrong with him?" Pinkie asked.

"He's upset because he can't get them to listen to reason."

"Maybe I can help perk him up." Pinkie said walking over to Spike.

"How ya doin' Spike?" Pinkie asked.

"Lousy." Spike said. "No matter what I say, they just don't listen to me."

"Cheer up Spike, you know what they say:" Pinkie said. "Some things in life are bad. They can really make you mad. Other things just make you swear and curse."

Spike began looking up at Pinkie.

"When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble. Give a whistle. And this'll help things turn out for the best. And... Always look on the bright side of-"

"No!" Spike said slapping his hand onto Pinkie's mouth. "I'll just do what Twilight said and ride this out until this whole thing blows over."

"Aw!" Pinkie said.

And so, Spike's reign of being the said holy messiah lasted for about a day and a half. It appeared that everypony else had other things to do. This made Spike very happy that he finally got that crazy mob of followers off his back, and he didn't have to sit through another one of Pinkie's songs, much to Pinkie's dismay.

The End

Comments ( 2 )

BWA-HAHA-HA-HA-HA-HA-*cough* *wheeeeeeeze*:rainbowlaugh:

Ahem. That was humorous.:twilightsmile:

ahh Monty Python always makes things better :trollestia:

Login or register to comment