• Published 8th Nov 2013
  • 648 Views, 3 Comments

Concealed Light to a new world - Dangerfang



An alicorn wakes up in a world a hundred tousand years in the future with no memory of who he was and must learn how world now works to survive.

  • ...
7
 3
 648

Reoccuring Past

The engine purred as the car rolled down the red road. The traffic was light for a day like this one as petras of distance was covered.The shimmering black car with tinted black windows and slick tires. Inside said custom vehicle two ponies were chatting, one of whom was trying hard to keep her eyes on the road.
"Can you believe this! they expect me to think that an actual unicorn was found in Sundown," Emerald shouted.
"Ugh, here we go again," Agent Snowfield rolled his eyes.
"You know as much as I do that thats a load of bull!"
"*Sigh* You don't have to hide that you like the possibility that its true Crystal."
"W-What!" Emerald blushed furiously and lightly shoved Snow. "I can't fathom why you would even hint at the existence of one."
"We all know you love collecting old lore to the point of saying and I quote 'One day a unicorn is going to show up and nopony, and I mean NO PONY, will know how to deal with them.' So no wonder that your being dragged all the way to Sundown."
"You say it as if its a bad thing," Emerald said nervously shifting her weight on her seat.
"It not a bad thing but you keep on getting into things you have no business in." Snow raised an eyebrow accusingly.
"Well if somepony's in trouble or somepony's doing something wrong and evil, then I have to do something to help."
"You've shaved a few years off my life thats for sure." He sighed and shook his head. "Well at least now this one is pretty tame, I don't have to do much."
"You jinxed it."
"What?" Snow asked confused.
"Us doing relatively nothing, Its destroyed now," Emerald stated as a fact.
"You sound as if you actually believe that," He deadpanned.
"Wel- Oh look!" She put a pause to the conversation to point out the Serenity Valley.
As the car crest the bowl-like valley a smile was ever on Emerald's face. It always made her giddy with excitement when she looked over the the hills and the city of Amperdam. The three wide rivers met within the the city and a road broke off to the left toward another city. Agent Snowfield just chuckled at Emerald's face.
"You never get tired of seeing this do you?" A grin on his muzzle.
"The veiw is just so beautiful I love being able to come here on my days off. Just listening to other cars drive by, the gentle wind caressing your cheek," Emerald's eyes filled with dreams of romance.
"Hey, eyes on the road Juliet."
Emerald fell silent as she focused back on the road. Snow reached over and turned on the radio. Hot pop music filled the car and Emerald began tapping on the stearing wheel. The interior of the car was optimized for pony comfort. Emerald and Snow both had ther bellys leaning on a proped up pillow with a belt strapped over their back to secure them to their spot. Pedals are just below Emerald's hind hooves, the right one slightly pressed down accelerating the car.There was enough room for two more ponies in the back.
A phone rang from Emerald's pocket. She waved her right hoof in the air and brought up the call. Snow gaped as Emerald casually accepted it.
"It one of the brand-new models," She whispered gleefully. "Agent Crystal reporing for duty."
"Agent Crystal what is you location," A calm authoritative voice resonated from the phone. "And I didn't get you that phone just to play with it, It is a prototype I've hand to ten of you at random. Please don't go breaking it by filling it with too much ancient lore."
"Yes ma'am, Were about to enter Amperdam. Is there something I need to be aware of?" Emerald asked embarrassed.
"No, nothing that would be of your concern being as far as you are. The sooner your in sundown, the sooner you get to see the impossible happen before your eyes."
"Um..." Emerald chewed the bottom of her lip.
"This is like you said right? Didn't think for one second that it might actually happen did you."
"No ma'am."
"Well today is your lucky day. Call me if something comes up."
"Yes ma'am."
The call ended and Emerald sighed thinking over the short conversation. She reached over a hoof and turned off the radio, no longer in the mood to listen to music. The silent ride continued to the edge of Amperdam.
"Hey, don't get so down. It may seem impossible that anything that you read will be helpful but what it still is?" Snow placed a hoof on her shoulder.
"Its just that I hate not being able to help in anyway possible. I... just don't want to be useless." Emerald slumped in her seat.
"Thats something that everypony faces at some point in their life. And it can happen multiple times, you will get through this one alright," Snow patted her back.
The car turned off the Red Road to the left halfway through the city. Snow looked surprised as her looked back toward the street.
"Wait! Why are you going off the Red Road?!" He asked confused.
"We are taking a little detour to the Dafurnis Museum," Emerald said beginning to grin. "There is a book there that I want to take a look at that was display there today. It might give me some insight to help more to help with the situation."
"The one were that one pony said that it isn't history but a fantasy cause magic don't exist?"
"Yeah that one," She replied nodding.
"I'm sure the Director would like it better if you didn't do this but, you maybe right about the need for any info about unicorns."
"Yeah she might not be very happy but if I can assist in any area of study," Emerald said as she turned another corner and the Dafunis museum and its parking lot was in sight. "What the?"
A strange cloaked pony was dashing across the Road, moving like a blur.The pony's hood was down, a yellow and brown spiky mane lay atop his light green head. He or she jump trough the air, looking as if they were soaring. The magnificence of the pony was brutally crushed as they landed on the hood of the car and bent out of shape. It lifted into the air as the pony jumped off on to the sidewalk coming to a complete.
"Hey!" Emerald shout at the noticeably large dent her car created at the hooves of the cloaked pony. Her eyes darted to what the pony had in his mouth. "The book!"
"And here we go, no one messes with her car and gets away with it," Snowfield muttered as Emerald reved the engine. "Wait, what?"
"That pony has the book I wanted to look at!" She said as she pressed down on the gas pedal. "And in broad freak-in daylight!"
"How can you be so sure that he has the book you were looking for," Snow asked as Emerald turned the next corner that the pony disappeared around.
"Did you notice the commotion in front of the museum?" She didn't give him time to answer her question. "The lights were flashing red indicating that something was stolen. There were sparks on the ground mostly trailing the pony. The pony was also running from the museum across the front fountain."
Their eyes widened in shock as they spot the pony already turning a corner."Dang, he is fast!"
"But he still can't beat my car," Emerald said as she pressed farther down on the gas pedal. "Nopony can outrun a car."
The pony was... Well, he was outruning the car against all odds. He weaved though the walking population flowing like water through cracks of stone. We chased him through the city to a more commercial part of the city.He seemed aware of our presence as he ducked into an alleyway too small for the car. Emerald quickly pulled the car to the curb and got out the car. Snow replicated the action and swiftly followed her into the alleyway. The alley was a deadend with to possible way out except a few trashcans in the area. The thief was nowhere in sight.
"Dang it! Don't be like that one mission last year!" Emerald stomped her hoof in frustration.
"Hey, don't start getting frustrated until after we search the area. That criminal didn't get away yet," Snow nodded toward one of large green trashcans.
"*sigh* Alright, lets look around here and see if we can find that bastard," She replied.
Emerald trotted up to one and lifted the blacklid. She gaged slightly at the smell and turned her head away. She placed a hoof into the trash to move it and make sure the thief didn't just covered himself to getaway. Shifting a few more pieces of trash Emerald concluded he wasn't there.
"Nothing over here," She called out.
"Ok, try that tin trashcan over there," Snow pointed toward it.
"Alright," Emerald nodded as she moved.
Emerald thought she heard something move in the trashcan and quickly removed the top. Something was off about the trash but She couldn't put her hoof on it. Waves suddenly appeared bringing confusion and suspicion to Emerald's face. They suddenly snapped back into place but the memory remained. Emerald decided that she must be seeing thing and shook her head.
"*Clang* Dang it! That bastard got away! just like last year!" Emerald flung the top of the trashcan to the nearest wall.
"And you brought him to justice just a month after. Don't worry about it so much Agent Crystal," Snow said trotting over and place his hoof on her shoulders.
"Snow... you know I can't do that. But, what are we going to do about getting to sundown?"
"*sigh* Lets just do some damage control before this hits the news," Snow said begining to trot out of the alleyway.
"If this hasn't already hit the news," Emerald muttered following. It hit her just as they got back to the car. "Wait we are too far away from the museum to do that and if we go back now. And besides, even though he got away we Will find him."
"Or we could do what we are suppose to do and go to sundown."
"And let that thief off the hook!" Emerald hissed through her teeth. "That is what got my father killed."
"Woah, woah! That was over three years ago! We caught his killer last year with your persistence. You mother still likes to keep a tab on you so you don't run yourself ragged working."
"Agent Haze can watch me if she wants to. Just so long as she doesn't get in my way."
"Does she really tick you off that much?" Snow blinked his eyes in surprise.
"N-No, my dad is still a sore subject. This kind of reminds me of it. I love my mom and understand if she tries to stop me from going too far."
"If we can't change the past then we juat have to change the future."
"And if we can change the future then we can change the world."
"Lets search the area and if we see him then we catch him, if not then we move on, alright?"
"Ok."
They got into Emerald's car and she fired up the engine. Rolling off the curb they started their search for the cloaked pony. They went around the block asking around for the cloaked pony but came up short of a thief.
"*Sigh* Thank you for your cooperation," Snow said to a businesspony walking his way to work.
"No problem sir," He replied trotting off.
"Well, I guess that is that."
"Yeah... Time to get to sundown." Emerald said a little disappointed.
"WAIT!" A pony galloped over.
"Yes, what is it?" Snow asked.
"Look there, the thief over there!" The mare pointed to a brown car with a door being opened by a light green... winged unicorn?
A shotgun floated in before the pony entered the car. As soon as the door closed the car began to speed away.
"What are you waiting for?!," Snow said as Emerald pressed down on the gas pedal. "Oh, And thank you miss."
The car ahead of them drove dangerously seemingly ignorant of other drivers. They cut corners at a speed that most drifters would dream of. Snowfield quickly pulled out his phone and called backup. Not long afterward, Two more IS cars join in the chase.
"Where are they trying to run off to?," Emerald asked taking another corner as safe as she could.
"Don't know but they seem to be going toward the Red Road, opposite of where we were going," Snow replied. "This stallion hit the news as a unicorn."
"A WHAT!"
"You heard me."
"Great where you hear that from," Emerald rolled her eyes.
"When I called for backup on this chase."
"They were talking about this pony?"
"Yeah they saw him on the t.v."
"Guess we should have had the radio on."
"Hey, look we are back out the city and we are about to trap him on the highway."
"Good."
The streets were practically void of traffic, strange for this time of day. A blockade of IS cars letting cars pass and on the look out for them. They let few more cars go though before closing the gap. The thief's getaway vehicle skidded to a stop facing the trio of cars. Emerald got a microphone out of a compartment and walked out her car as Snowfield and the others pulled out their guns and pointed at the brown car.
"We've got you surrounded come out with your hooves up!" Emerald shouted into the mic. Silence dominated the area as tensions ran high waiting for a response from the thief. Irritated that nothing happened she spoke into the mic again, "If you do not come out of your vehicle, we will use force!"
Screaming and a golden glow resonated from the car making everypony flinch and take a step back. Movement in the car suggested that something strange just took place inside the car. Emerald carefully walked over to the car droping the microphone and pulled out her gun. Another golden glow set strange alarms off in Emerald's head as she pause just shy of the vehicle. Suddenly the rear door of the car shot out and over the rail. The stallion dashed out with a saddlebag and ran toward the rails. An awe-inspiring sight happened when the stallion spread his wings shocking everypony. Emerald blinked a few times to make sure she wasn't seeing things.
"Fire on the winged unicorn!" Emerald shouted.
Every IS agent on sight started to fire on the flying legend. A few shots grazed him as he moved as gracefully through the air. Movement in the car drew Snowfield's eyes. A different stallion with leather wings instead of feathered ones exited the vehicle with a mare on his back. Snow nudged the pony to the right of him and pointed back to the pair. The winged legend paused and turned to his companions. The horn of the legend started to glow and an invisible force was peltted upon by bullets.
Emerald senses tingled as she felt something unexplainable in the air. The leather-winged stallion shot off the ground at impossible speed. As soon as the stallion whipped pass the legend the strange barrier deassapated. Emerald got a well placed shot in and hit the winged unicorn just after he righted himself. He quickly got out of range chasing after his companions. Anger was obviously on Emerald's face as the thief, now known to be a winged unicorn, flew away. She reached into her pocket and pulled out her prototype cellphone.
"What is it Agent Crystal?"
"Requesting a change of mission to bringing in a winged unicorn Director."
A pause on the other side of the call gave Emerald some time to calm down a little. "Make sure you bring him to sundown ALIVE, Agent Crystal. We might need him to explain some things to us understand? And make sure you contact Agent Fresco for the other pony you will need to lookout for."
"Affirmative."
"Good day Agent."
Emerald put her phone back into her pocket and place her hoof on the rail. Snow walked up to Emerald and gave her a questioning glance.
She nodded and looked to the dots vanishing into the mountains before she growled, "I knew they were going to be trouble."

Author's Note:

I thought long and hard to try and think of a pony-friendly car this is what I came up with. I'm bad with names and design aren't I. I still need a name for IS cars and the vehicles made by ponies. sure the normal van, trailers, and cars are good but I want to do full descriptions of how it looks and who made it. The engine, the battery, and everything thing else in the car may or may not be examined at a later chapter.
Emerald's Party
Lead member
Name: Emerald (Agent Crystal)
Species: Pony
Race: non-magical pony
Age: Don't you dare ask a mare her age, you don't want learn what she did the last time a stallion asked
Intelligence: Nerdy history nerd.
Magic exposion: 45%
2nd member
Name: Agent Snowfield
Species: Pony
Race: non-magical pony
Age: Middle years
Intelligence: he has seen somethings
Magic exposure: 13%
Typos please!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment