• Published 8th Nov 2013
  • 648 Views, 3 Comments

Concealed Light to a new world - Dangerfang



An alicorn wakes up in a world a hundred tousand years in the future with no memory of who he was and must learn how world now works to survive.

  • ...
7
 3
 648

Finding names

A persistent Shako brings me from the look of dumbfounded amazement of the sight of the world. I looked out to the city in the distance within the middle of the valley with mountains on either side. The river curved trough the valley and pass the city. There was something off about the sight though. A black strip ran over the valley and into the city. Red and yellow lights shone brightly as they weaved across the black strip. I was about to go to the city until the wind blew by me reminding of my wings.
“Well Shako looks like we have a new world to explore but first I want to try something,” I said as my wings unfurled.
‘If I do things right I should be able to fly just like the pegasi in the stories and shako,’ I thought giving my wings a few test flaps.
Shako guessed what I was going to do and took off into the air before I took to the air. Feeling the wind again I put more force into my wings. At first it looked like I was rising into the air but I fell onto my face after I tried to launch myself into the air. This happened a few times till I noticed that I still had my saddle bag on. I took it off and tried again this time the effect was different. The ground began to get smaller and smaller from me and I would have lost sight of my saddle bag if it wasn't purple. Soon enough I was in the looking down at the land below with Shako by my side.
“Wow! I know I have wings and that I should be able to fly but wow! It looks even better from the sky!” I say excitedly flapping my wings. “It just feels so great being… in… the… What is that?”
There was something black moving in the distance toward me. I saw spinning things on the top of the object and one on what looked like a tail. It was moving at an alarming rate so I stopped flapping my wings and plummeted to the ground. Just before I hit the ground I spread my wings nearly stopping my decent and braced myself the crash into the ground. My hooves took most of my momentum as hit the ground feeling the strain of my leg’s muscles.
I saw my saddle bag and looked at the green grass. Covering the saddle bag with my body I spread my wings and folded my tail so that it was under my body. Wings covering my head I remain completely immobile as I hear the strange object fly over me. I wait until I couldn't hear the object anymore and decided that it was alright to move again.
“What was that thing?” I ask once more after raising my head and folding my wings back. “Well I can’t stay here I’ll run out of delicious flowers and I don’t want to eat all of them.”
I looked toward the city once more as shako landed on my back. The city in the distance looked like a major city where ponies go to refine their crafts. Maybe they have a princess somewhere in that city also but it is best not to assume anything.
“Looks like there is only one way to go shako. To that city,” I declare picking up my saddle bag from the ground. “-Growl- After some breakfast I guess since it is the morning.”
After eating more of those yummy glowing flowers and a disappearing shaco we head off to the city in the distance. As I trotted along I unknowingly passed by a sign. A sign that said ‘Welcome to Amperdam.’


Within an IS building of Graicia around the time that the alicorn trotted off to amperdam two IS agents were having a pleasant chat within the mare’s clothing room. One of the agents had a cream colored coat and a green mane tied up in a ponytail at the end with a long groomed tail. The other a light blue coat and fiery mane with a short tail.
“So agent crystal I heard that they found something of legend over in sundown,” the light blue coated agent says while putting on her IS suit.
“Come on Sera just call me emerald like we normally do and I think that all this talk about legends being real is just rubbish,” Emerald says doing the same.
“You know I won’t just brush this off like you do emerald. This could be revolutionary. Think of the head line on the news! Legends come back to life from distant past! It would be amazing!” Sera says trotting beside the cream colored mare.
“Maybe that is true but think about all the difficulties that we are going to have because of them unicorns with their magic and Pegasus with their wings! They are an abnormality,” Emerald said looking at Sera. “And don’t forget that they have to work somewhere. What if we get replaced?!”
“Oh come on emerald you are always looking at the down side of things. Look on the bright side every once in awhile! It can’t be good for your health to be looking at things like that. And you get to go straight into the fire! I am so jealous of you emerald! You have got to tell me what you find in Sundown ok?” Sera says wrapping her hooves around emerald in a tight hug.
“Yeah yeah,” Emerald hugs Sera back. “I’ll even take a picture for you but don’t be disappointed if there aren't any fairy tale ponies like you say there are.”
“Oh don’t worry emerald. I’m pretty sure I’m right about the fairy tales and legends of ponies,” Sera lets go of emerald and winks at her. “You of all ponies know that my hunches are normally right.”
“Yeah like that one time you lead us straight to a dead end in pursuit of a criminal,” Emerald says while rolling her eyes.
“Hey! We found valuable evidence to convict that same criminal into jail!” Sera says shouting in protest.
“That is if I didn-” “Agent Crystal We need to catch up to Agent Flower. She is already there,” Said another agent interrupting emerald.
“Right, I’ll be there right away agent snowfield. I won’t keep you waiting,” Emerald says immediately.
“Good agent crystal I’ll be waiting at the car,” Agent snowfield says trotting away from the door.
“Well looks like I can’t stick around any longer then I have,” Emerald sighs sadly grabbing her hand gun.
“Yeah, too bad I can’t show you up until later agent crystal, and that stallion is kind of rude he should have sent agent ruby or agent violet to come and get you,” Sera pouts.
“But you are agent violet, Sera. How would you have known to get me if you were here?” Emerald says trotting toward the door. “Anyway I can’t keep agent snowfield waiting.”
“Well good luck trying to find those fairy tales! And don’t forget to get me some pictures! Good luck Emerald!” Sera shouted to a receding emerald.
“Well this day could not get any worse I’m being moved to a new place chasing fairy tales,” Emerald said after the voice of Sera disappeared.


I trotted along the black strip getting strange looks from the local earth ponies it was as if they never seen an alicorn before. A strange machine passed by every once in a while and the earth pony just stared at me for a few moments before looking back to strip. I was trotting trough what was looked like a residential area with all the housing along the black strip. ‘This is strange I haven’t seen one unicorn or Pegasus since I came to this city. I wonder where they are?’ I thought as I trotted beside the black strip on the white strip I found directly beside the black one on two sides.
“STAND YOUR GROUND!” shouted an earth pony with a black suit on holding some small thing in his hooves.
I stood still and looked him curiously at his strange posture. He seemed to think that what he was holding was an effective way to protect him. A sword or a shield would work better than that small thing.
“That is…. Impossible…” the pony lowered his… whatever he had in his hooves and grabbed something from his poket.
“Wait!” Shouted a strange random pink earth pony mare with a light blue mane and a small blue colt with a brown mane holding on to who I guessed was his mother.
“What is it miss?” The earth pony said after he faced the two.
“This stallion is with us and he is one of those extreme legend believers. So extreme in fact that he sometimes likes to create and put on wings and a horn as he trots around. Don’t you Samson?” the strange mare said slightly poking me in the side sort of like a ‘hint, hint,’ gesture.
“But mom do you r-” “hush honey bun mommy’s got this,” the mother silently hushed her child.
“Ummm… oh right yeah huge believer of legends and the like. You never know when they might actually be true,” I said hoping he wouldn't hear how uncertain I was.
“Hmmm… are you two trying to pull a fast one over me?” the earth pony asks suspiciously.
“No no no we would never try to pull a fast one over an Intelligence Service pony,” The mother says innocently.
“Oh good cause if you were I would be in trouble. Have a good day and don’t do this often most ponies freaked out with you prancing around,” the IS pony said after he turned away.
“Quick follow me,” the mare whispered to me as she quickly moved toward a house her child following close behind his mother.
Confused to what just happened I blinked twice and followed the mare into her home. Her house looked pretty basic with a couch and a black square thing. Stairs were right in front of me and the kitchen was in the back. I place my saddle bag near a window with a closed blind Shako finally reveals himself coming out of my saddle bag.
“Oh there you are shako. I thought you abandoned me with that disappearing act of yours,” I say scolding shako.
Shako looked down in shame and flies off to explore the house. I watched him fly off and disappear up the stairs. A hoof step from the kitchen brings my attention to the mare from earlier.
“Hey, cut some slack with your bat. You weren't in a position to fight a pony with a gun in his hoof if that was what you were thinking,” The strange mare said to me from beside the door to the kitchen.
“A… gun?” I ask wondering if that was the thing in that IS pony’s hoof.
“What? You don’t know what a gun is?” the mare asked me surprised I even asked that question. “It was what he was holding in his hoof. A hand gun to be little bit more specific. There are other types of guns but that is what the pony was holding. A bullet that is fired from guns can pass through the skin and hit major arteries.”
“And now I fear everything else in the form of a gun or shot from it. Besides who are you anyway?” I finally asked after finding out what a gun was and sitting down near a window.
“Oh yeah I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Rose garden and this is- “WOAH! You got a horn like the ponies in the fairy tales! What is your name mister?” A young blue earth pony excitedly looks at me as if I was a hero in a story.
“I’m….” I stop for a moment and bring my hoof to my head. ‘Who am I anyway? What was my name?’
“Mister?” The little colt asked worriedly.
No I wasn't ok I was far from ok. I’m in a world far different from my own… well maybe just years different but that wasn't the point. The point was I wasn’t in equestria anymore and I have a limited knowledge of the now known world. I don’t even know who-
“My… name… is Kanion,” I say my eyes widening in realization as something clicked within my brain.
“Kanion… Kanion! Well mister Kanion my name is Pokin,” The small colt says relived that I was speaking once more and that he didn't upset me.
“Well pokin not only do I have a horn and the ability to use magic but I also have wings,” I say smiling.
“No way!” Pokin says trotting up to me placing his hooves on my chest looking straight into my eyes in amazement.
“Way,” I say spreading my wings.

“Pokin leave mister kanion alone he needs to leave as soon as possible anyway an-” “But Mom!” “No honey bun he needs to soon as soon as I get him some supplies. Trouble will be coming later on because the IS agent from earlier is not going to be fooled for long,” Rose says saddening pokin.
“But he is like those ponies in the stories! And, and he has a picture on his butt too!” pokin whines turning toward his mother.
“It called a cutie mark pokin. It what many ponies in those tales got when they found their specal talent,” I say as I folding my wings .
“Wow so how did you get yours mister kanion?” pokin asks excited to find out how as he called it ‘get my butt picture.’
“Well hmmm… ‘I’ve got to remember this too its signifies when a pony has found their special talent. The one moment when we know what we are best at!’ uhhhh… I… don’t… remember… all I can remember is my name and the fact that I was in canterlot when this happened… and then… I woke up in the canterlot library…” I sadly sigh after searching my mind for more memories.
“Well don’t think too hard about it. Your memories will come back sooner or later,” Rose garden said trotting over me.
I looked at her curiously. Rose looked me in the eye then glanced at my wings and then back at me. That confused me even more.
"Can I touch your wings?" Rose asks taking another glance at my wings. "though I can see them right in front of me. It is kind of hard to believe that you have wings."
"Oh... Sure, I don't have a problem with it," I say extending my wings once more. "Just be careful with them, they are kind of sensitive."
"Ok," Rose said eyes locked on my wings in amazement.
Though rose garden asked, pokin reached for my right wing just after I said yes. Their hooves tickled my feathers as I remembered something that my mother taught me about wings. It was something about preening my wing and how important it was to do it. I haven't preened my wings in a while, except that one time by the river underground. I look up and noticed that rose had left the room.
"Hey mister kanion can you do magic with your horn," pokin asks after gaining my attention.
"Yeah, but I don't know that many spells yet," I reply scratching the back of my head with my hoof and folding my wing once more.
"Can you show me one?"
"Sure just bring me something."
"just one second!" Pokin said excitedly before he ran off.
He came back with an earthpony cowboy looking action figure. Shako also returned from flying around the house and placed himself on the top of my head.
"Is he yours?" Pokin asked curious to the bat on my head.
"Oh you mean shako?" I ask taking a glance at the bat who occupies the top of my head.
"Yeah him."
"Well sure, my buddy shako has been with me helping out sense i woke up. But there is another reason that you here aren't you?"
pokin face lit up remembering his original objective.
"Oh yeah you said you can do something with this right?"
"Yeah, I can."
I looked at the action figure as my horn yellow color. I reached out to the action figure surrounding it in my aura. I lift the the toy from pokin's hooves.
"Wow are you really doing that!?" Pokin asks eyes glued to the floating toy.
"Yes I am doing this pokin. And that not the only thing i can do with it."
"Really!?" pokin asks excitedly.
To answer his question I focus on enlarging his toy feeding the molecules in the toy. In front of our eyes the toy gets larger, and larger till it is the size of a young colt. A bag dropped near the entrance of the living room causing my eyes to spot rose garden sitting there with her mouth hanging open. I put more magic into my horn and begin returning the toy to its regular size. After I returned the action figure to its former state, I looked proudly at what I was able to do in a short time.
"YOUR AMAZING!" Pokin shouted in glee hugging me.
"I'm not that amazing there use to be other unicorns better then me. Some could even put on more dazzling display of magic then me." I say slightly blushing at the praise.
"Well you are the only pony that can do that right this second right?" Rose asks after recovering from my small display of magical ability.
"I guess so..." I say with a little uncertainty.
"Then by word of my son you are amazing," Rose states. "Here have these items they will help you along."
Rose garden held out a small brown bag for me to take. levitating the bag over I looked within it and found an apple along side a few sandwiches. The cloak was… well a cloak nothing really speical about it just something that would cover my wings and horn when I have it on.
“Well umm... thank you rose. But I don’t see why I have to wear a cloak though,” I said slightly confused.
“Your welcome Kanion and you need the cloak to transverse amperdam without getting the IS all over you. Oh and no flying mister if you do that they will be all over you before you can say I messed up really bad this time,” She said explaining the cloak.
“Aww but I wanted to see him fly off with his wings,” whined the small colt.
“Too bad pokin but if he doesn’t want to get caught then he has to stay grounded along with his pet,” Rose says soothing her child.
“Maybe when this is all over and I can travel where I want I’ll come back here and give you a flying performance,” I say patting pokin on his head.
“Really?”
“Really.”
“Your so awesome!”pokin shouted with glee.
“Well you might as well get a move on now kanion,” Rose said trotting toward the door.
“Yeah after I get this stuff on,” I say turning my attention to my items.
Levitating, much to the glee of pokin, I put on my saddle bag feeling the familiar weight of the saddle bag as it was put into place. I then placed the bag filled with food into the saddle bag adding more weight to the left pocket of the saddle bag. The cloak fit nicely over the saddlebag and covered the rest of my wings and going over my cutie mark. Trotting over to the door shako lands on the back of my cloak as we headed outside.
“Well I guess I’ll see you all later right?” I asked rose as I trotted past her.
“Yeah at least until all of this sorts itself out. And you might want to go farther into the city and see if you can land youself a few bits for the road,” Rose says trotting right behind me.
“Ok I’ll keep a look out for anything that won’t require me to take a hood off,” I say putting up the hood of my cloak.
“You better have been telling my the truth kanion or I’ll have my mom hunt you down so you can give me that flight show!” pokin says pokeing me with his hoof.
“Ok now I’ve got to make sure I come back here!” I say laughing at the cute little threat.
“Oh you may be laughing now but don’t go begging me to let you go before you give my son his performance that you promised!” rose says backing up her son slightly giggling.
“Well I must be on my way thank you for you hospitality,” I say beginning to trot toward the city.
“Oh and don’t forget to try and visit a museum you can get the history of how we can to be there!” Rose shouts from her front door.
“Ok rose! Later!”
“See you later kanion,” rose shouts back before troting back inside with her son in tow.
I trot along the black strip once more farther into the city to find a museum and, just maybe, find the reason that i was asleep for so many years.

Author's Note:

Edit: Kanion's party members:
Lead member:
Name: Kanion
Race: Pony
Species: Alicorn
Age: 100,025 (slept through 100,000)
intelligence: ????
magic:
500/621 (first flight)
800/800 (first contact with ponies)
1150/1200 (leaving toward the city)
Spells known:
illumination
levitation
illusion (spotty at best)
fire ball (slightly known)
ice shard (only known to exist)
moving sun and moon (though genetic only known that two regal sisters to do)
creating stars (same as above though only knows one to do so)
2 member:
Name: Shako
Race: Bat
Species: unknown
age: unknown
intelligence: unknown
magic: 150/150 (from being near kanion till end of chapter)
Typos please!