• Published 13th Nov 2013
  • 551 Views, 4 Comments

ponystein - Lunar_RnD



a mlp twist on the classic tale of frankenstein, silliness is ensured

  • ...
 4
 551

Introduction

xxxxxGore Tag gore comes into play later, any chapter with gore or suggestive themes will be marked off at its start, and as a general disclaimer i do not own the rights to MLP which is the property of Hasbro, and sorry for the long intro but this is my first fic and i wrote this in collaboration with my good friend Stallord25, who helped me get this off the ground and into text, and now without further ado, our take on the Halloween classic frankensteinxxxxx

The wind howled as the storm began to brew over the everfree, its untamed weather thrashing in the sky above, as the doctor looked up, “Soon, soon my child shall be born”, as he paced about. The grey stone walls of the abandoned castle cast eerie shadows down upon the sickly green lights of the horrific scene below him. Capsules lined the walls as did shelves and cabinets, each filled with different parts from various equines, some still moving while others settled at the bottom of their containers, cadavers of all three races scattered about the floor, as a single raised table stood as high above the scene of desecration of the dead, as it shone in the pale moonlight, a bloodstained sheet covering something on it, as chains were hitched to it securing some obscure entity hidden behind that bloody rag. All that could be seen uncovered by the sheet, was a long metal spike, glistening in the moon’s enticing glow.
“Rat! Is the machine ready?”

“yesss, Professssorrr, it’sss exactly as you instructed it to beee...all we need now is for the ssstorm to move into position above usss and then your child shall be given new life at long lassst!!”

As the mighty tempest fixated over the keep, the doctor shouted, “Rat! The hour has come!” The table began to rise as the storm raged from above. Once the table reached the apex of the room, Mother Nature contributed to the sinister project as mighty bolts of lightning struck at the metal spike, delivering mighty surges of electrical fury! “Rat! That is enough. You may bring it down.” The table then began to descend until it rested in its original position. The doctor then said, “Today is the hallmark of my genius! Years of research and hard work will finally pay off! On this very day, at this very hour, I, Professor Tesla Coil will have brought life to the non-living, animating the inanimate! For the first time in the history of Equestria, a single earth pony has created a living, breathing ALICORN!”

“It’sssss pure geniussss, Professssorrr!” extolled the dragon.

The professor, filled with the excitement of creation, then commanded the being under the sheet, “Now my creation, I command you to rise, rise and show your face to the world, and watch as it shutters in your AWESOME VISAGE!”

The thing began to twitch, then it began to breathe, each breath sounding like asphyxiation. It then rose, and it’s eyes opened. Its eyes were like hot coals, burning in a void of blackness, filled with the madness of life. The creature itself, a quilt-looking monster, was comprised of parts belonging to three cadavers, with majestic wings and a horrific face. It's mane was as black as night, and sewn on his flank, a cutie mark that resembles a lightning cloud, symbolizing the cause of it's birth. It extended it wings and tried to fly, only to be stopped by the chains that constrained it. This stressed the creature and it began to pull with all it’s strength. The doctor approached his grand achievement, and said, “My child, I, the one who has created you, am giving you a mission. You, as an alicorn,must go out into the world and possess a dominion for you to rule and govern. I release you, now go out there and show the world that you exist. EXIST!” The mad earth pony began to burst in maniacal laughter as the monster pulled and tugged at the chains until it broke free. Once the chains could stand no more, they snapped, and the creature ascended into the air, flying out into the world with the blazing lightning that surged from above, flying towards its only purpose and destiny, the lust for existence burning inside it's stitched-up vessel. “FLY MY CREATION, FLY FORTH AND CONQUER! Oh, and bring me back a postcard once you do so I’ll be sure to visit, alright?”

Ponyville

“Spike, can you close the shutters, I’m trying to study here, the Princess is counting on us.” said the scholarly lavender unicorn, her nose deep in a tome of yellowed with age, its cover adorned by various magical runes and equations.

“And what exactly is she counting on?” asked the confused baby dragon.

“Spike, you I’ve told you already the princess is entrusting us some of the older tomes from the archives, just imagine how angry she would get at me if i got water damage on the pages, SHE MIGHT EVEN SEND ME BACK TO MAGIC KINDERGARTEN!!!”,as the lavender unicorn began to hyperventilate.

“TWILIGHT, she is not going to do that to you, besides aren’t these books already enchanted so that they would last forever? I mean if some of these old books are as older than the Nightmare Moon legend, then isn’t it fair to assume she may have had them magically preserved? “

“Spike, I understand where you are coming from, but I dont want to take the chance that they might not be protected...but you are right, I may be overeacti-THATS A BOOK BY Fireball Crowley, OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH!!! SPIKE DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE HOLDING! GEEEEHHH, ITS ONE OF THE FEW BOOKS HOOF WRITTEN BY THE GENIUS WHO CREATED THE BASIC FUNDAMENTALS FOR ALCHEMICAL MAGIC AND RUNE MAGIC CIRCUITS!!! I MUST READ THAT NOW!” as she teleported herself and the large dusty book out of the room to the inner sanctum of her basement to read free from distractions.

Three hours have passed, and Spike had not seen hide nor hair from Twilight. Afraid that boredom would make an attempt on his life, Spike decided to go outside for some fresh air. As he took his stroll, he spotted a familiar bright-orange mare sporting a brown stetson hat. “Hey there, Applejack!” he said.

“Well howdy,Spike! What-chy’all doin’? Where’s Twilight?” the farmpony asked with an all too knowing grin.

“Well, Twilight found some book on some kind of magic or something, and now she locked herself in her basement to read it. It’s been hours that she’s been reading that thing. I was getting bored so I thought I’d step out for a walk. You know how Twilight can be, but other than that, I’m fine. How about you, Applejack? Are you ready for Nightmare Night? It’s in a couple of weeks, right?" Said the baby dragon.

“It sure is!” replied Applejack. “Ah’ve already been working on sum of the games for the celebration.” Suddenly the wind to pick up as the sky grew cloudy and gray. “That’s strange…” Said Applejack, “Didn't think Cloudsdale'd make it overcast t'day."

"Maybe Rainbow Dash knows about it." Claimed the dragon.

"That might be so, Ah reckon. Well, Ah'll see ya later, Spike. Gotta get back home and finish up muh work.”

"Ok then,See you soon." as the young drake began to his walk back into ponyville.

Everfree:

Meanwhile back at in the ruins turned lab, the scientist was sitting down for lunch with his assistant. "Ahhh, yes..." Said the doctor, "With my creation out in the world, conquering in my name, and this castle hidden in the darkness of the Everfree Forest, I envision my glorious triumph over all pony kind!" "But, Proffessor? What if the creature thinks it has more power over you? Surely it will have more power to overwhelm us and enslave us, and we'll be just as low as the ones we've conquered!"

" You know, Rat, I have to say you may be onto something, though I doubt that my wonderful creation will turn on the one who brought it to life...but we may have to start preparing for the worst case scenario in the event that it becomes the situation we find our future selves in. I need you to go gather some supplies for this,” as he began to to write on a piece of parchment at lightning speeds while simultaneously reading from a book, “ here take this and bring me EVERYTHING on that list, nothing can be missing, if you are unable to find them...then bring what you can and I will send you back for the substitutes once we have ascertained what needs a close second, now go we mustn’t waste time, lest we come to wish we had these precious seconds later.” as he pulled out his bag of bits and levitated the list and the money to Rat.
“I sssshall dooo as massster comandsss me to do.” as he gave an overly dramatic bow before taking both items in claw and making his way out to civilization, far from the security at the side of the only pony that didnt look at him with fear or harbor ulterior motives while trying to get his ‘help’ for taks.

Author's Note:

first fic please comment and tell me anyway i could improve this fic
written in collaboration with Stallord25

Comments ( 4 )

Not bad. A couple of formatting and grammar errors and the big blocks of text as a result of forgetting the space between paragraphs.

Though I'm wondering if you are going with the classic Hollywood Frankenstein's monster archetype or with the monster from the Mary Shelly's original novel?

3482002
Mary Shelly's novel Frankenstein, not the hollywood, but we will incorporate some of those elements into it

3482008
I always did prefer the original version, the creature (I don't view him as a monster) had more personality and surprising in my opinion was one of the most human character in the novel.

I had a similar idea for a while about Twilight creating and artificial alicorn but never got around to it. Anyways I wish you luck in this endeavor whether be affectionate parody or dark comedy. :moustache:

oh i share your sentiments, if you didnt feel he was a monster you will love what we have in store

Login or register to comment