• Published 5th Nov 2013
  • 1,056 Views, 15 Comments

Jinxed - Killabyte



Her name is Jinx. That’s what they call her, anyway. No one knows who she is, or where she came from. This scrawny pain in the neck shows up one day, firing heavy guns in the air. And laughing – always with the laugh. I can’t stand

  • ...
2
 15
 1,056

All good things come to an end

Two years later and the city was in complete and utter ruins. Jinx had destroyed what was once a great and beautiful city, now it was only me and her left. Over the course of the two years she had left many notes and a piece of a photo but gave the rest to me, always taunting, always one step ahead. What did she know that I didn’t? Why was she obsessed with taunting me?

Extract from Vi’s diary, xx64

*****

I have been staking the city for weeks on end now and I have finally found where she has been hiding, the old clock tower, right at the top about the clock faces, in the old time keepers room. Somehow I think she knows but doesn’t care, however tonight I make my move, tonight I capture Jinx and restore my honour and this now hell hole of a town to its former glory.

A few hours later and I found myself moving towards the clock tower as quietly as I could, little to my knowledge did I know I was been watched by Jinx. As I climbed the tower I got more and more anxious, I was about to catch the most wanted criminal in Equestrian history. Stopping as I reached the top to admire the view quickly I saw it… the door resting between me and Jinx, or so I thought.

As I stepped through the door the first thing I noticed was it was quiet, too quiet. Making my way through the building I stopped in front of her fridge and then I saw it, the piece of the photo she sent me, it was from this photo but I couldn’t believe my eyes I was in the photo. How was I in this photo, it had to be as old as me, and there next to me was Jinx, smiling and holding my hoof and behind us a stallion in front of a building.

“Hello sister”

I spun around as Jinx opened her mouth and greeted me.

“How? Why not tell me? Why destroy the city?” I asked in response

“How? Our parents bucked. Why not tell you? This was more fun. Why destroy the city? That was to get your attention” Jinx answered all my questions and giggled and walked towards me.

“Mum died during childbirth and dad raised us on his own. There was an accident a few days after the photo was taken, something fell out of a cart flying over head and was going to hit you but dad dived pushing you out of the way. Unfortunately the object hit him and he died instantly, however some of the rubble hit you and you were hospitalised with amnesia. A few days later you could only remember your own name. After that you were adopted but I was left to fend for myself. I eventually found you again but by that time you were a goody four shoes” Jinx finished her story and sat in front of me.

“That was well a ummm interesting story” I stammered as I approached her with the hoof cuffs.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to run or fight now I know you know the truth” Jinx said as she looked at me with a sad look in her eyes “I admit defeat and accept my punishment”

Looking down at her I felt my stomach pang “Damnit Jinx I hate to do this now but you have to pay” I said as I hoof cuffed her.

“It’s okay sis, maybe one day we can be together again” Jinx said as I led her away to the prison, where she would await trial.

“I’m sorry but I promise I’ll come and visit” I tried to convince her but she didn’t buy it but at least I did my job and arrested Jinx and shortly soon after Ponyville returned to it’s former glory.

***

The sirens rang loudly as the laughter faded, the guards would later report a cloaked figure with a pink mane help her escape but these reports were denied, all I know is I got called in to track her down. Tracking her down was the easy part, the planning for what we were going to do next, avenging our fathers death was going to be the hard part. Smiling we both picked up our guns and left the clock towers room where Jinx had told me the truth.

~Fin

Author's Note:

Thankyou for reading this fic, please take the time to leave your thoughts in the comment section below

Comments ( 2 )

3447128 Nah, man. Varus all the way.

Pretty fun overall but could use some proof reading

Login or register to comment