• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 1,032 Views, 9 Comments

A Night to Remember - Paradigm



After a night on the town, six friends wake up in a colourful land.

  • ...
4
 9
 1,032

Further Introductions

Chapter 1- Further Introductions

Being coerced by Applebloom and her friends to explore the Everfree forest was not on the top of Applejack’s to do list for today; “But Sis” whined the small filly, her eyes glistening with unshed tears “we need t’ah see if we can get our adventurer cutie marks”. Unable to resist the combined cuteness of three fillies looking at her she agreed, Ah well she thought as she cast her gaze over her sister and her friends happily skipping along the path, at least Big Mac can cover the work for today.

Walking through the outskirts of the Forest she heard voices nearby as he went to investigate she told Applebloom “A’hm going to see what all the ruckus is about over there, you girls be careful now, and stay on the path” she warned “and I don’t want you going any deeper than Zecora’s house”.

“Ok sis, Cutie Mark Adventurers go!” the three fillies screamed as they ran off into the woods. Turning her attention back to the noise she moved a few bushes out of her way and was greeted with the site of two ponies; one Pegasus and one unicorn, running around shouting happily. What ruined the happy scene was a second Pegasus sitting on his noticeably bare flank, looking at his front hooves with a sad expression on his face, but she was unaware that the other Pegasi had noticed her appearance. Running up to her he gasped and stuck his front hoof out, causing him to wobble slightly “Hey Applejack!” he said enthusiastically “I’m Con-lamity, Calamity; My name’s Calamity. These are my friends Purple Haze and Summer Glow” pointing at the Pegasus and Unicorn respectively.

“Howdy y’all” she said as she shook the excited Pegasus’ hoof “If ya don’t mind me asking what’cha doing in Everfree this time of day? And how did ya know my name?”

The Unicorn mare quickly answered “We’re new in town and we sort of got lost” tilting her head in an expression of embarrassment, “Could you help us find our way back?”

“And of course we heard of Applejack of Sweet Apple Acres, which have the best apples in Equestria” Calamity added.

“Aw shucks that’s sweet of y’all to say” she said humbly “Sure I’ll take you into town, an Apple would never leave another pony in need…but is that Pegasus friend of yours ok?” she said pointing her hoof at the Pegasus who seem to be completely oblivious to her arrival.

“Ew-urple Haze is fine, he just has a massive hangover that’s all” Summer Glow said, her eyes briefly meeting with Calamity in understanding. “We went drinking last night to celebrate arriving here but he just drank a bit more than the rest of us”.
Looking over the Pegasus in question she saw that he was a rich purple colour with a pitch black mne but what she noticed was that despite being fully grown he lacked a cutie mark on this flank that’s ah grown Pegasus and he ain’t got his cutie mark? Weird, better not let Applebloom and her friends see this.

Looking over at the two other ponies she also noticed that the two other ponies didn’t have cutie marks either; the other Pegasus stallion was bright white and had a mane that was two different shade of blue huh she wondered ah wonder if he’s related to Colgate , no other pony’s got such a weird hair colour. But the mare that was now touching her horn was relatively normal looking; she was an auburn colour with light freckles similar to her own across her cheeks, but with a hot orange coloured mane. At least she sort of fits her name Applejack thought, bah no use in thinking about these ponies and where they came from ‘Ah gave my word and an Apple does not break her word.

Breaking out of her train of thought she saw the Calamity and Summer Glow were trying to move Purple Haze but he seemed like he was lost to the world. “Err, you alright there Sugarcube?” she asked beginning to feel slightly worried for the poor guy.

“Alright?” he whispered quietly, “I have no fingers...and I’m naked”

“What are these ‘fingers’ he’s talking about?” Applejack said turning to the other two ponies.

“Umm…Fingers…like Chocolate Fingers! Yea, he’s got a major sweet tooth and he’s just sad that he doesn’t have any” Summer Glow quickly answered “I doubt you ponies would have any round here”.

“Uh Huh” Applejack said now noticing that these ponies were acting really suspicious but thought nothing of it “You would get along fine with my friend Pinkie Pie, that pony eats more sugar than anything ah ever seen”.

“Girls!” she hollered “Applebloom where’d ya go?” looking around for the young yellow filly and her friends who had probably ignored her warning and got lost…again.

The shout must have scared some animal in the nearby tree because it began to rustle with activity. But it was actually Applebloom and the Cutie Mark Crusaders who were now dangling from the tree, only stopped from falling due to the vines they were now tangled in.

“Umm Sis…ah little help please” she said trying to twist herself out of the vines.

“Nice going Sweetie Belle” the small orange Pegasus “if you hadn’t been such a scaredy pony and got scared by Bloom’s sis we wouldn’t be in this mess”

“Oh it’s my fault” the little unicorn shouted “whose idea was it to climb up here anyway?”

“Well at least I can come up with ideas, unlike you”

Ignoring the two arguing fillies she turned to Summer Glow “Can ya use your magic to get those girls down please?”

“Umm I would love to bu-“ but she was interrupted by the sound of three small fillies hitting the ground that was a close one Summer Glow thought I don’t know even how to use this damn thing as she looked at here newly acquired horn.

“Come on let’s go get you girls patched up” Applejack sighed “You ponies are welcome to follow us back to Ponyville” Rarity’s going to love the fact Sweetie Belle’s dirty and ruined her mane…again.

Meanwhile…

“What the FUCK!” screamed a male voice.

“I know Louis” replied a different, much calmer voice.

“This is some messed up shit” Louis raged “I swear Taylor, one minute we’re all in the pub having a good time and then this.”

“Indeed it sucks Louis” Taylor said with a deadpanned expression on his equine face. “But it could be worse”

“Worse! How could it be worse?” he muttered darkly. I bet Conor and Nottage are loving this now
“Probably knowing those two they are” Taylor said trying to keep his voice steady “But it doesn’t solve the problem of what we’re going to do about it”.

“We should fuckin-”

“Such foul language!” wailed a new feminine voice.

Turning their heads towards the entrance of the clearing they had ending up in Louis and Taylor saw a white Unicorn with obviously designer gear on.

“Who the fuck are you?” Louis said before he could think of a more eloquent question. “And where the hell are we?”

“Oh my” the Unicorn gasped putting her hoof to her forehead dramatically “Such coarse language from such a pony isn’t-“ But she was aptly interrupted by a pink pony crashing into her mid-sentence.

“Oh hey Rarity! I found some super fantastic rocks around here and I bet they are jam-packed full of gems that you wanted! Hehe I like jam because it’s so tasty, especially strawberry jam it’s my favourite, it goes on-“

“Thank you Pinky Pie dear” Rarity said has she got up from the ground, dusting herself off, “But before you interrupted me there were these two ruffians that-“

“What” Pinkie gasped “New ponies?” Finally noticing the two new arrivals she quickly gave them a look over; one stallion was a light orange Unicorn with a dark green mane and was slightly rounder than most ponies she’s seen, must be because he spends all of his time in the library instead of partying like Twilight she wondered ignorant of the odds stares she was getting from the two newcomers. The Earth pony had a much milder colouration; a deep black coat with a creamy yellow mane but he had the distinguishing feature of having a white muzzle, looks like he’s got cake icing all around his mouth she giggled to herself what a messy pony!

“Louis is it me or is that pony crazy?” Taylor whispered to his friend hoping that the other two wouldn’t hear him and pointing at the pink mare with the messy mane.

“Mate we’re ponies…in a land where ponies can talk and humans don’t exist, I think everything is crazy at the moment”

“Look” Taylor began “We got off on the wrong han-of, wrong hoof. If you just tell us where we are, where the nearest town is and how to get there that would be super.”

“I won’t tell you anything until that vagrant apologises for his language” Rarity said as she flicked her mane.

“Apologise to the nice lady” Taylor said turning to Louis.

“I’m not saying sorry to a horse mate”

“Just say it so we can get out of this forest and find out what’s going on” he whsipered showing that his patience was wearing thin.

“Fine! I’m sorry” he said half heartedly

“Well that just doesn’t cut it” Rarity said as she turned to leave the scene.

“Wait Rarity we can’t just leave these poor ponies in the Forest just when they got here, that’s not how we behave in Ponyville” Pinkie Pie reasoned “

“Fine” she sniffed “But I’m not talking to them, especially that Earth pony with the foul mouth”
“I’ll show you a foul hoof you stuck up bitc- Ow! Why’d you kick me for?”

“Shut up Louis, don’t mess this up” Taylor mutter quietly “We need to get a town because maybe the others are there and we don’t know the way”

“Hey what’cha ponies talking about” laughed the pink pony as she hopped nearby “I’m Pinkie Pie, well my real name is Pinkamina, but every calls me Pinky because my name is so long and boring that nopony wants to keep saying it over and over and over and over. Say what are your names? Oh! Oh! I know…”

As the crazy pink pony began to list of a bunch of silly names, “I bet you’re called Éclaire! Nono, Sunny Smiles! Wait, I bet it’s Mandarin Mash”, the two friends looked at each other and wondered what cruel bout of karma brought this punishment onto them and how the others may be doing.

---

“And that is how I can drink huge amounts of alcohol without a hangover, because my body is just awesome like that” Cobalt said as he retold his tale.

“That’s interesting, I heard that the mass of a pony affects how their body deals with certain substances” Twilight said “I must read up on-“

“Hah that’s nothing” Rainbow Dash interrupted from above “I can drink barrels of Cider with even getting a little bit drunk”

“Are we talking Cider or actual alcoholic Cider? There’s a difference you know” he said looking up at the cocky Pegasus.

“Well, Duh of course I was talking about the harder stuff” smirking at Cobalt as she looked down form her position in the air.

“Well it doesn’t matter anyway since I could drink all of that and still be sober”

“Oh yeah? I can drink all of thank AND still perform the triple back-somersault from the Wonderbolts’ show” she boasted.

“Hah whatever, I bet you would throw up before even the first backflip” Cobalt said smirked at the overconfident Pegasus.

“Oh Yeah!” as she flew down to eye level, “I bet you can’t even-hey I just noticed where’s your cutie mark?”

“Oh hey girls, fancy meeting you here.” Twilight Sparkle as she stopped by the entrance of the town “who are those new ponies with you?”

Comments ( 4 )

Nice chapter, swearing pony is bad pony XD.

Looking forward to chapter 3.:raritystarry:

where is next part :raritydespair:

AGAIN
THE GRAMMAR
IT BURNS.

YOU NEED A PRE-READER AND AN EDITOR

PLENTY OF EDITORS

....FORGET IT

FAVORITED

I expect better grammar, next chapter..
also

"I don't have fingers... and I'm naked."

That pretty much would sum up my reaction to being ponified.

Login or register to comment