• Published 7th Oct 2013
  • 362 Views, 9 Comments

Geistbrecher (Spiritbreaker) - Dostoron



A diplomatic mission sabotaged, an old empire in danger, and the mane six in the middle.

  • ...
 9
 362

the only way.

Twilight and the captain had after some time finally managed to get the remainder of the Crew together, as well as a proper look at their altogether Situation.
One which didn´t serve to improve the captains mood:
"The mast, crow, and the four best sailors blown away, the cook along with the lion´s share of our rations gone to the fishes, the rump shattered, the Navigator completely out of it, and first mate Möwe along with the majority of my crew nowhere to be found. Ain´t gonna lie to ye lasses, this ship ain´t sailing home."

"How could it go so wrong so fast? it was hardly five minutes from a perfectly sunny, and clear sky to a storm the likes of which hasn´t been seen in centuries." Twilight attempted to grasp the Situation.

Rainbow Dash chimed in.
"Weather doesn´t normally come out of nowhere and a storm like that would send it´s warning signs miles ahead. maybe something hid the signs from us."

"In any case we can´t go back, me an´the Crew will see to findin´a good spot to set up camp an if the legends are true the ancinet civilization of this place might be able ta help. Maybe you there, colorful lass, could take a look around?" The Captain spoke up again.

"That sounds like the best idea at the Moment." Twilight agreed. "we´ll all look if we can find some form of shelter at least."

With that plan set, the Groups fanned out. The crewmen quickly found a cave, dry and spacious enough for them. and Fluttershy and applejack managed to identify some edible fruits at a nearby forest, pinkie taste tested them first and seeing as she seemed no more or less odd than usual it was probably safe.

"like he would go for such a cheap shot." she said, much to the Confusion of the Crew.

Rainbow dash had taken flight once she got the Feeling in her wings back. and was over the forest, when she spotted something that was definitely interesting, she double timed it back to her friends as fast as she could.
"you gotta see this, or i´m not gonna believe what i saw." Rainbow Dash nearly pulled Twilight along.

"Could you at least tell me what?" twilight was beginning to regret agreeing to check out her findings.

"Well, you tell me, we´re here. Does this look like it belongs into the forest?"

"No, no it doesn´t. that belongs on a ship, and not just any ship, that´s our mast! The wind must have been incredibly strong if it carried it all the way here." Twilight looked around, to find plenty of branches broken where it must have crashed down. the sail was ripped up, probably when both the wind and the weight of the mast were fighting over it, no trace of the Crew though... hold that thought there were hoofmarks from at least one Pony, leading to the west.

"One of the Crew must be alive, and went that way, rainbow, could you...?" Twilight began, but trailed off when the Cyan Pegasus had already gone out of earshot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She hadn´t gotten too far when she found the very same crow of the Reconciliation that had warned them about the storm, collapsed on the ground.
"Sweet Celestia! Hey! you still with us?" She yelled as she rushed over to check for a pulse.

She was rewarded with spluttering and coughing.
"Dorf... westen... kann nicht... mussssssss..." he had apparently been straining himself too hard to even get as far as he did, because he hadn´t even finished the sentence when he was already drifting out again.

"Just... just hold on, i´ll get you help." Rainbow shot off, thankfully bumping into twilight, who had been following the tracks as well.
"Twi, i found him, he´s just a bit further, please stay with him while i get help."

Before twilight had even gotten a word in the Pegasus was already gone again. With a small sigh she picked up her own pace, hurrying over to the place Rainbow pointed out.
She knelt down next to the crewman, his injuries seemed not too dangerous but being flung around while clinging to the mast for dear life had probably exhausted him.
"Don´t worry, help is on the way." she kept talking to him, hopefully keeping him awake just a bit longer

"Ugh, the Ship, out of danger?" The crow of course didn´t know how bad it was.

"Save your strength for now, you´ve earned it." Twilight thought it better not to shock him right now.

"West, i spotted a village to the west before i crashed. it´s the only place with a whopping huge Floating Crystal in the middle, you can not miss it, princess." his talking slowed along with his breathing, he was almost out cold.

"Thank you, you really are the best spotter in equestria." Twilight reassured him.

"Here they are, c´mon lads, move it." It was another crewmember, two of them had accompanied Rainbow dash back with a stretcher.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once everything had been sorted out and the Crow was back with the rest of them and watched over keenly by the navigator, the captain called them together.
"Aye, Lads an Lasses. the first two good News of the day, ol´ Sperber will be fine as soon as he´s rested up and he did his part too, he spotted the first signs of natives, Inland from here, is a town from what he said, tomorrow the princess an´her friends will go there ta hopefully get help. Spike an us will stay here and hopefully get an answer from the princesses soon."
As Spike had told twilight, he managed to save a few empty scrolls as well as his writing Utensils and immediately sent a message to the princesses.

"So, the best we can do now, is hope for the inhabitants of this continent to be friendly." Twilight spoke up.
"what happened on the way here was terrible, we have lost many good ponies just to get here, we will find a way back and we will not let their sacrifice go pointless."

"Hear Hear!" the Crew gave their rough affirmative. before settling down to rest.

"Shucks, Twi, yer growin into that crown o yers." Applejack commented before she too went to sleep.

"just the appearance i Need to Keep."Twilight mumbled to herself as she laid on the remnants of a hammok serving as a makeshift blanket.
"just the appearance."

Author's Note:

typing late at night, probably not the best idea, but, whatever.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment