• Published 23rd Sep 2013
  • 620 Views, 4 Comments

Making It Back Home - Flutter_Girl



Once Twilight leaves Earth to go back to Equestria, the girls start getting lonley without her, so they try to make it to Equestria, find Twilight, and bring her back to Earth. Are the able to do it? Or will they never see Twilight Again?

  • ...
2
 4
 620

After Twilight Leaves

"I can't believe she is really gone..." Speaks Fluttershy. She traces a sad face in the ground as a tear trickles down her cheek. She looked over to the others as Rainbow gets back on her feet after falling when her wings disappeared. Pinkie is also on the ground, sobbing after Twilight leaves us behind. I then see Apple Jack and Rarity hugging each other, Apple Jacks hat was off hiding her tears.

"Why would she... just leave....us???" Pinkie hardly speaking in between sobs. Sunset Shimmer comes up behind us, bringing each other into a hug.

She speaks in a low voice, "Maybe it was for the best..." she says looking around trying not to cry. She then quietly lets go then whispered something into Pinkies ear, that's now back on the sides of her head. Pinkie nods back to her as Sunset starts moving towards the portal back to Equestria and quietly waves back to us. No one stops her but as soon as she goes through, Pinkie Pie tries to get through the mirror to, but it was too late. The portal had already closed. Rainbow Dash, actually looks like she is on the verge of tears, walks quietly over to Pinkie and helps her up.

"It's okay Pinkie Pie, but she is gone, forever." Rainbow tries to make a smile show through her lips, but it wouldn't convince Pinkie Pie. She only wanted to spend a bit more time with Twilight. The other Twilight in town was not as fun, and sometimes just spent all week with her books.

Something went off in Pinkies mind. She turned away from her four other friends and walked past the statue, and but her left hand on the statue. Then her right.

"I will come for you Twilight. I'll break you out of this portal if it is the last thing I do." The others just stood by watching, but couldn't hear Pinkie talking to the statue.

"Pinkie, darling I think it's time to go home now..." Rarity broke out her biggest smile as her makeup started to dry after crying. The makeup dripped down in black drops into the mid cheek level then wiped it off with the corner of her finger. Everyone smiled in agreement, and in defeat, Pinkie dropped her head and followed the others out of the courtyard and started out to sugar cube corner with everyone else. Pinkie thanked everyone and said goodbye as she walked in the back door.

Rarity looked over at Fluttershy who was awfully quiet.

"Is everything okay dear?" Fluttershy looked up to see who was taking to her, and out of the corner of her eye she saw Rarity giving her a curious look. Fluttershy nodded and kept walking. The walk home was quiet, and the silence was killing Rainbow Dash. To lighten the mode Rainbow burst out as fast as she could in front of the others and flew up her arms and yelled,

"Did you see how fast I could move in those wings?" She smiled at the others.

"Sugar cube', it would be best if you would just stop talking tonight. Just a big downer yah hear?" Rainbow agreed with Apple Jacks statement and told the others,

"Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood." They walked down the quiet street in silence, the street lights slowly illuminating all of the girls faces. Rarity looks over her left shoulder to see the boutique across the road.

"I shall see you girls later. Ta ta." Rarity ran across the silent road, not bothering to look for cars. The only others still going home were Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Apple Jack. Rainbow Dash tended to go over to Sweet Apple Aches and spend the night with The Apple Family, because her apartment was really high up, but not very cozy. But some days she would imagine herself to be floating on a cloud.

Fluttershy was still as quiet as she usually is and when we turned the corner and were only one more block from her cottage, Fluttershy completely broke down on the ground crying, and sobbing uncontrollably. Apple Jack and Rainbow Dash immediately stopped and joined Fluttershy on the ground, and then a thousand questions came out of their mouths.

"What's wrong?"

"Are you okay?"

"Fluttershy what happened?"

"Are you hurt?"

"Is this something to do with Twilight leaving?" Fluttershy just shook her head crying. But she was able to make out the words

"Twilight....Save.....Animals...." The two girls looked at each other in confusion.

"Sorry sugar cube' I didn't catch that." Apple Jack looked over at Rainbow, but she just shrugged. They both had no clue what Fluttershy was trying to say. Fluttershy was finally able to control herself after sitting on the ground, sobbing. She brushed herself off and fixed her hair like she always had it, over one eye. She looked them both dead in the eyes, and you could see she meant business.

"Twilight said that she would help volunteer at the animal shelter with me, but now that she is gone the animals are going to go to another city, because the shelter will not have enough money to stay in business." She looked at each other seeking a response.

"Oh Fluttershy, why didn't you just say so! We could all help out like we did for the fall formal, we could even help out passing flyers out to people." Rainbow Dash said with joy. Apple Jack nodded in agreement.

"Thank you so much you guys, the animal shelter will be saved thanks to you!" Fluttershy picked her head up and stopped crying.

"We should probably get back home soon, it's getting late and I would hate for me to keep Angel waiting." The others slowly walked home with each other, knowing that tomorrow may bring some joy. As they rounded the next corner Fluttershy thanked Apple Jack and Rainbow Dash for walking home with her. It was again quiet, not really sure what to say to each other. Then Apple Jack smiled. As they approached Sweet Apple Aches the moon started to set. They both headed into the barn and the girls laid down on the hay together. Rainbow let out a long yawn.

"Night AJ" "Night Rainbow"
A small piece of light showed where Apple Jack and Rainbow were sleeping followed by a squeal from the door.

Author's Note:

Hi! First short story I've made, not very experienced since I am a bit younger then most people. But thank you for reading leave a like if you enjoyed, and a comment if there is something you want me to change or to make the story better.

Comments ( 4 )

ramble plotting?

And no one gave a crap about Spike, hm? :raritycry:

3245278 I love spike, don't get me wrong, but I didn't feel a need for him in this chapter. He will be in future chapters though

3244868 sorry, still first story, so will not be as good as someone who has done many stories. I did feel as this was a bit choppy, and If I get more comments saying to change it I might go back and edit it a bit. Thank you for the feedback though

Login or register to comment