• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 590 Views, 169 Comments

Ask Chatterjoy - Chatterjoy



A collection of short story answers

  • ...
1
 169
 590

Truth or Dare!

"Absolutely not!" Wordplay exclaimed. The unicorn had half a mind to slam the door on her friend's face. Chatterjoy was still smiling at her and was rocking back and forth on her hooves. "I cannot believe you would suggest that to me. That horrendous, terrible, horrific-"

Wordplay was cut off by the other friend at her door, "Come now Wordplay, leave the fast talking to Chatterjoy and Pinkie Pie. Two is more than enough." Wordplay looked at Jazzy with a glare.

"Yeah, come on Wordplay! Just a harmless game of truth or dare!" Chatterjoy piped up, before she gasped in horror, "Unless you have a terrible secret that you don't want anyone to know about. Like what if you murdered somepony in cold blood and never got convicted of it. And you hid the body, so that you wouldn't be blamed for the murder. And, in fact that you are planning our very murders right now. What if you didn't murder somepony, but instead saw a murder! You would be under witness protection, which means you can't tell us anything about what happened that night! That also means that Wordplay isn't your real name!"

Jazzy with a sigh, planted a hoof in Chatterjoy's mouth. Wordplay was just speechless. "Wordplay, what Chatterjoy is trying to say is that we would very much appreciate it if you would come and hang out with us. Golden Silence is going to be there. If she can deal with C. J. tonight surely you can?"

Wordplay nodded, "Wait a minute? Why would witnessing the murder have to be at night? Sometimes they happen during the day! I'm a writer. I know these things."

Chatterjoy managing to get Jazzy's hoof out of her mouth replied, "Not in TV! Or at least not in the episodes I watch! Like, there was this one episode and this one pony..."

The two unicorns had already tuned the pegasus out, as they headed to Golden Silence's house. Jazzy did the honor of knocking. After a bit of rustling Golden Silence opened her door. "Hey guys. Ready?"

Wordplay had already duck taped Chatterjoy's mouth and both the unicorns replied with a yes. "Nice mouth ware C. J." Golden Silence snickered, as the pegasus walked by. In reply, Chatterjoy trotted a little bit straighter and proudly wore her duck tape.

Golden Silence shook her head, "I cleared a space for all of us." After everypony sat down where she gestured, Golden Silence pulled out an empty coke bottle. "Who will go first?"

Chatterjoy raised her hoof, and she barely sat still, as she tried to make herself as noticed as possible. "Anypony other than Chatterjoy?" Golden Silence deadpanned.

"I will," Jazzy said. She spun the bottle with her magic. The bottle continued to spin till it finally slowed to stop. The bottle was pointing at Golden Silence. "Alright. Truth or dare?"

"Dare."

"Okay. Golden Silence. I dare you to...hug Chatterjoy."

"Easy enough," replied the earth pony. Golden Silence wrapped her foreleg around the pegasus, but she was caught off guard, as Chatterjoy returned her hug with full force. "Gah! Like...to breathe!"

Everypony else laughed till Chatterjoy finally let go of Golden Silence. "All right. Wordplay. Your turn," Jazzy said handing the bottle to her fellow unicorn with her magic.

"Why is it my turn next?"

"Would you rather Golden Silence spin it, or Chatterjoy?

"On second thought. I'll spin it," Wordplay responded. She quickly grabbed the bottle and spun it with her magic. The bottle whirled around furiously.

"Spin it hard enough?" Jazzy remarked sarcastically.

"Needs more spin," Golden Silence said with a slight smirk.

The bottle finally done with its spinning landed on Golden Silence. "You already had a dare though," Jazzy said, "Do you want to spin again?" Golden Silence shrugged.

"I don't care."

"Spin it again. Less force this time."

Wordplay spun it again. This time it landed on Chatterjoy. The pegasus was making chewing noises. "Chatterjoy? How can you possibly be eating. Your mouth is duck taped."

The three ponies looked up to see exactly what was happening. The duck tape was gone, and Chatterjoy was happily chewing on something. Noticing that three pairs of eyes were staring at her, Chatterjoy smiled. It revealed a gray substance within her mouth. "Hey guys. I don't recommend this. Duck tape tastes disgusting, but has a strangely satisfying chew."

"Spit that out!" Wordplay exclaimed. She pried the pegasus' mouth open with her magic. Jazzy then retrieved the ball of tape from within her mouth. It was soaked in Chatterjoy's saliva.

"That's gross."

"You call it gross, but I call it in how the f[buy some apples]k did she get it into her mouth?"

"Simple! I put it in my mouth!" Chatterjoy answered her earth pony friend. The rest of her friends face hoofed.

"All right C. J. Truth or dare?" Wordplay asked. She was not having a whole lot of fun.

"I could pick truth. But what if you ask a question that I can't ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever answer? But if I choose dare then what if you dare me to something dangerous and I die? What if I died doing the thing you dared me to, but I wasn't a good enough pony and instead of being sent to the Wheaten Fields, I get sent to Tartar Sauce?"

"First off Chatterjoy, it is called Elysian fields and Tartarus. Second, I wouldn't dare you to do something like that," Wordplay replied. She was looking at Chatterjoy like she had grown a second head. Of course, being Chatterjoy that was an all around possibility.

"Are you serious? I would," Golden Silence said chuckling.

"Okay Wordplay. I trust you. I pick...truth!"

"Okay. Chatterjoy," Wordplay started, "I've seen you with that stallion. Do you have a crush on Legion?"

Chatterjoy gave Wordplay a confused look, "Crush? What's that? Crush usually means flattening something. I don't want to flatten Legion. He is a good friend of mine! Plus, that would be murder. I don't want to commit murder. If I committed murder than I would have to hide the body. Then I would have to keep it a secret. But if I play truth or dare again and I get asked the question of killing somepony I would have to tell them that I have, because I have to tell the truth. So, no. I don't have a crush on Legion. Cause I don't want to kill him."

"What?" her friends said simultaneously.

"Personally, I ship Chatterjoy with Filler," Jazzy said looking towards Golden Silence.

"Me? Pfft. I would get a priest to give the pony their last rites," Golden Silence replied.

"Chatterjoy, crush means you like someone," Wordplay corrected.

"Then I have a crush on you."

"..."

"..."

"..."

Chatterjoy waved a hoof in front of her friends faces. "Are you guys okay? You know I don't want my crushes to be broken. Or does crush mean like a best friend. In that case I can't decide. Oh! Maybe I should go to Sugarcube corner and get some crushes for us to share!"

The pegasus bounced off to gather the drinks for her friends.

"...."

"...."

"Dude, you ponies should see your faces. This is Chatterjoy!"

Author's Note:

I have been gone too long. Anyway. Finally, the truth or dare! Since the person who requested this one ships (or used to) Legion and me, I only thought this appropriate. We all know love life gets pulled into truth or dare. :3

I hope you enjoyed!

I also got a nickname! Courtesy of Jazzy Mellows. C. J.!