• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 590 Views, 169 Comments

Ask Chatterjoy - Chatterjoy



A collection of short story answers

  • ...
1
 169
 590

Bleh! School!

A small little white filly walked into her classroom. She had recently gotten her cutie mark, and she sported it proudly. Her classmates didn't ask her about it, but she didn't seem to mind. She just couldn't stop smiling at her own personal achievement.

"What are you smiling about Silent Frown!" said a pegasus with a brown curly mane and gray fur. Her cutie mark was a paintbrush. "Besides! When did you get a cutie mark? I doubt that a dumb pegasus like you, who hasn't learned to fly yet could possibly have gained a cutie mark!"

The white filly still smiling replied happily, "Thank Celestia somepony finally asked me about my cutie mark! But I don't know who this 'Silent Frown' is. Is she somepony I know? Anyway to answer your question about my cutie mark. I got it, while talking with a good friend of mine! Her name is Jazzy Mellows. And guess what! We both got our cutie marks at the same time! Isn't that amazing? I thought so."

The other pegasus merely stood shocked at all the words coming from the other's mouth. She shook her head to clear it, "Ugh, Silent Frown is a terrible nickname I gave you! I was bullying you!"

"Why would you call me that? I'm Chatterjoy! Don't bully others that is just mean. Why would you do that? I can't even imagine bullying someone. I mean that would hurt their feelings and they wouldn't smile. I want everypony to smile!"

The bell rung for everypony to sit in their seats. The pegasus who was trying to bully Chatterjoy tried to trip the pegasus, but the pegasus was so excited she was bouncing and she bounced over the outstretched leg. "Oh, Gray Scale! Don't leave your leg out like that! Somepony could get hurt!" Chatterjoy said over her shoulder.

The teacher walked in with a broad smile upon her face. She was a light blue with a darker blue mane. "Good morning class!" she greeted cheerily. "Today, we will be focusing on science! Particularly Biology. Who can tell me what the term Biology means?" Chatterjoy shot her hoof up. "Okay, Chatterjoy, what does it mean?"

"It means the study of life!" Chatterjoy responded happily.

"Very good! Today we'll be talking about the life cycle of a frog-" the teacher began. She had drawn out pictures and had begun to explain and point out the various stages. A note landed on Chatterjoy's desk, distracting the pegasus.

She barely regarded it, and stuffed it into her desk. She was busy learning about the study of life! This was interesting! More notes were passed to her desk and more began to get crammed. "Stop it!" Chatterjoy hissed loudly to Gray Scale who had been the one passing notes.

"Well, Chatterjoy, since you think you're too smart for this class..." the teacher said glaring at her.

Chatterjoy shook her head and pointed to Gray Scale, "She keeps passing notes to me, and I want to learn what you're talking about! It was getting annoying!" The teacher huffed but walked over to the two fillies. She looked at Chatterjoy's desk to see it chock full of notes. She picked up one and unfurled it.

"Gray Scale, you are to remain here after school. I will not tolerate bullying in my classroom. Is that understood? Chatterjoy, please throw away all the notes."

Gray Scale glowered at Chatterjoy and the white pegasus simply beamed at her. "You should really try to pay attention more! Biology is so much fun! We get to learn all about the circle of life! And-" Chatterjoy was cut off by a random classmate.

"Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba!"

Author's Note:

Probably not too humorous. Oh well. I don't care much for school, as it's well, work! I do like most sciences. Biology (Or Paleontology if they had offered that in 5th grade) would be my favorite. Chemistry would be the most hated science and math would be the most hated subject of all time!