• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 590 Views, 169 Comments

Ask Chatterjoy - Chatterjoy



A collection of short story answers

  • ...
1
 169
 590

Pay Day! Oh and Legion.

Chatterjoy was skipping through town. Today was payday and she knew exactly where she was gonna spend her money! Well, after she paid rent for her house being over Sweet Apple Acres, grocery shopping, taxes, paying Jazzy back after she lost a bet with her, and other necessities.

The young pegasus was currently working two jobs. Her main job was still providing the necessary amount of water for the apple trees back at the farm and the other was a tutoring job that Wordplay and Jazzy had found for her. The two knew she wanted to be a teacher, but Ponyville was too small to have a need for two teachers. Instead she tutored foals that came to her for help.

Chatterjoy was extremely glad and what was even better was that her tutor job was paid by the government since not every family could afford a tutor.

Chatterjoy's mind continued to be in a daze as she skipped towards Town Hall where she would receive her pay. The pegasus was so out of it she didn't notice the unicorn walking in front of her until it was too late.

Crash! The two ponies were now entangled with each other. Chatterjoy moved her head to see who she had crashed into. It was a brown unicorn with a dark gray mane and tail. His eyes hinted annoyance at the position they were in.

"Excuse me," Chatterjoy chirped smiling, "I'm afraid I was in a bit of daze when I crashed into you! That happens all of the time! My friends get on to me constantly for it. You're not hurt are you? I hope not! That would be bad if you were hurt and got sent to the hospital. I went to the hospital once because I attempted to eat Sugarcube Corner. Have you ever attempted to eat a building that looked so delicious. Well, don't do it because it doesn't taste delicious!"

The unicorn beneath her grunted and teleported. The action caused Chatterjoy to land uncomfortably on the ground. "Pardon me," the unicorn said. "You should watch where you are going next time. Most ponies don't like being run into," he advised.

Chatterjoy managed to stand up and smile, "Oh everypony knows that! But I can't help it! Have you ever had a habit that you tried to break? I have and its what I just did today, which was walking around in a daze. Do you know how hard of a habit that is to break? It's super hard!"

The unicorn shook his head, "You'll have to excuse me. I must get to Town Hall." The unicorn began to walk to the center of town. He heard hooves behind him and he turned his head to spy Chatterjoy bouncing behind him with her eyes closed and smiling. "It might help others if you had your eyes open."

"I know! But its not as fun to bounce with eyes opened!" Chatterjoy responded but still opened her eyes to look at the unicorn. "I'm Chatterjoy by the way! I bet you can guess why I am named that! Why are you heading to Town Hall? I'm heading there to get paid. Then I'm gonna pay rent, taxes, my friend for beating me in a bet, groceries, and other necessities and then I'm going to go to this cool new store that has all this cool stuff. I can't remember what it is called though."

That stallion rolled his eyes but managed a small smile. "No, I can't imagine why. My name is Legion and I am heading towards Town Hall to get paid as well. What do you work as?" He slowed his pace to allow the pegasus to bounce up next to him.

"How is it hard to imagine why? Oh well, some ponies just can't handle it. Anyway, I have two jobs, my first is supplying enough water for the apple trees over in Sweet Apple Acres. They're a really nice family! My other job is tutoring small foals. Right now I'm only tutoring one filly. Her name is Applebloom. And guess what! Applebloom is one of the Apple family that I work for! Isn't that cool?"

"It sure is," Legion replied. They arrived at Town Hall. A huge line had accumulated.

"This sure is a long line," Legion commented to Chatterjoy. The unicorn didn't get a response though and once he turned around Chatterjoy wasn't next to him. "I wonder where she went?"

In the next few minutes he saw the pegasus bouncing down the road away from Town Hall with what looked like a paycheck in her mouth. Hesitating he finally left the line to see how she had gotten it so quickly.

"Chatterjoy! How did you...?" he panted. The pegasus just smiled at him.

"That's the line for bargaining. Every payday Ponyville holds some sort of auction. Celestia knows why! No seriously she does. Anyway the line for getting your paycheck is over there!" Chatterjoy pointed to a line with only four or five ponies in line. "I thought you knew but I didn't want to lose my place in line when I saw that you didn't follow me. Plus I thought you might have wanted to pay a bet."

"What? But? An auction? I just? No. Forget it. I'm going to go get my paycheck. I'll catch up with you later," Legion said.

Author's Note:

I hoped you like it! Our past conversations didn't actually give me too much to work with.