• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 590 Views, 169 Comments

Ask Chatterjoy - Chatterjoy



A collection of short story answers

  • ...
1
 169
 590

Worst Enemy

Chatterjoy paced up and down. She would occasionally turn and glare, but would then resume her pacing. "If I don't hurry, I'll be late, but is there no way to pass you?" Chatterjoy jutted her snout towards her foe. The lights were off and her enemy laid hidden in the shadows, unseen.

"You, my old foe. Have haunted me for nineteen years! No more! Will you give me nightmares. No more! Will I cringe at the sight of your ridged back! No more! Will I shake at the creaking of your voice! For today, I will master you as a lion tamer tames the lion. You will be tamed, and I will no longer fear you! Prepare yourself!"

The pegasus stealed herself and charged at her opponent. She stopped short, as to not barrel her foe over. Sweat clinged to her brow, as she began to concentrate and shake. Her breath came in pants, and her eyes dilated. Finally, she closed her eyes as if to meet defeat. She turned around.

But she pivoted on her hooves, and daintily...put her hoof on the first step. Her other hoof shortly followed, and the pegasus placed it on the next step. She had only gone up three steps, and was already panting with exhaustion.

"You...will never...defeat...me...my old...nemesis...stairs!" The pegasus hauled herself up the next step, agony painted on her face.

"Chatterjoy, you'll be late if you don't hurry," Golden Silence said. She was peering at the mare from the second floor. Chatterjoy only groaned in response, before she banged her head onto the stairs. "Oh, before I forget. Chatterjoy, you can fly."

The young mare lifted her head in shock. It had never occurred to her. She could simply fly over her nemesis. She could have avoided the agony with simply a few flaps of her wings! She would have never had to suffer the humiliation of being sprawled out on the floor, or being late, because of the stairs!

She shot up to Golden Silence, "You are a genius! Why did I never think of it before?" The earth pony shook her head and rolled her eyes, before she trotted away.

"You're still late."

"Awwwwwww."

Author's Note:

A lot shorter than previous chapters, but I couldn't think of how I would make this longer.

So there you have it! My worst enemy is stairs. That's going to be awkward for the next question.

Also, I hope you guys like the new chapter titles! I figured it would be more or less appropriate.