• Published 1st Oct 2013
  • 1,057 Views, 26 Comments

Canterlot Burns, Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Demon - Iamnotabrony456



A botched demonic ritual unleashes a force of evil that tops all previous villains in Equestria combined.

  • ...
8
 26
 1,057

Chapter 2:Does it brighten up your day?

Twilight was getting extremely frustrated.

"I just don't understand this!" She almost shouted.

"My measurements were perfect! I followed the instructions to the letter, why wont it work!?" She reread the passage in Star-Swirl's book, "Advanced Magic for Advanced Unicorns" about inter-dimensional tracking spells. Ever since the changeling attack during her brother's wedding,(which she still felt guilty about not being able to successfully warn everypony of the changeling queen's threat)the changelings had seemingly dissappeared from Equestria. Even Canterlot's top scientists were baffled. No tracking spells could find them and manual searches came up empty. So Twilight had offered her help in trying to find them. Princess Celestia was delighted, and had asked her to send her progress reports every two weeks. Thus,Twilight reasoned,if the changelings couldn't be found with magic,or physical means,maybe they had found a way to cross into another place of existence. This was extremely worrying to the princess,as Changelings could pop up right into Canterlot,right past their shields. Celestia had strongly encouraged her to study a spell that would allow them to spot the Changelings before they could attack Canterlot or anywhere else. But, since other realities or dimensions might have skewed physics, thus rendering a simple tracking spell useless, Twilight decided to go the extra mile, and make a spell that could send ponies to their dimensions. Starswirl's book did detail a tracking spell that worked between dimensions, and with a little tweaking, Twilight thought she had a working inter-dimensional teleportation spell. But it turned out not to be that simple.

One major difference between teleportation and tracking spells was the way they worked. Tracking is relatively simple, all you need to do is power up your horn, and tune it to another creature's biological signal. Usually, a piece of the creature will do. Then, pour some more energy into the spell, and you should be rewarded with a 'blip' so to speak, a dot in the general direction of your species greatest concentration. Teleportation, however, is in a completely different range of abilities, and most unicorns take years to master such a complex spell. Teleportation, is imagining every atom of your body, or someone else's, disassembling them piece by piece, and then, moving them to a new location, and reassembling them.

Another thing was the power requirements. Tracking spells are not power hungry, but teleportation spells can drain you easily if you are not paying attention, it all depends on the distance and the amount of things you are teleporting . Adding Inter-Dimensionality to it makes everything about 10-times harder, not to mention you have to crack a hole in time and space.

"Ohhh, that's probably why it won't work." The purple unicorn said, still scanning the passage. "I don't have a dimensional anchor, something from another dimension." She sighed.

"Great. Now where would I be able to find something from another world?" Just then,there was a loud knocking at the door.

" Spike, could you get that please?" She called down.

"Fine Twi, I'll get it." She could practically hear him eyerolling as he went to get the door. She had almost turned back to the book when she heard a familiar scratchy, almost coltish, voice.

"Where's Twilight? Me and Pinkie wanted to talk to her."

"She's upstairs, working on some project. What do you need to talk to her about, anyway?" Spike answered, his tone questioning.

"It's private. We just need to see her."Rainbow Dash's voice came up, her voice sounding slightly nervous.

"It's okay Spike, let them up."Twilight called down.

"Alright, but I'll be listening." Spike said, trying to sound ominous. A moment later , Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie came up the stairs.

"Good to see you girls, what did you want to talk about?" Twilight asked warmly.

"Well, uh, you see, me and Pinks were sent these strange letters, they were written rather weirdly, and they said this this thing called the 'Tails Doll' was going to come for us, and we needed to stay awake all night.We know they're probably pranks, but we wanted you to make sure." Dash said, although her voice was very nervous sounding.Twilight considered all this for a moment, before smiling.

"I think you are definitely right, though I will check, just to be sure." Twilight lifted the proffered letter from Rainbow's hoof with her magic, and pulsed her horn, scanning it. Twilight blinked in surprise.

"This letter is not made of anything in Equus, therefore, it is extraterrestrial! It's not from this dimension,even!" Twilight's eyes grew wide, and she began bouncing around the room like Pinkie Pie.

"This could be the greatest discovery of ponykind! I need to use the teleportation spell and find out who made this! Plus, it'll be a great test to see if it works! I'm so excited!" Twilight rattled off at Pinkie Pie speed, and, before Rainbow Dash or Pinkie Pie could say anything, she charged up her horn and disappeared in a flash of light. Rainbow Dash shook her head.

"Note to self: never let that mare near Cloudsdale's Weather Factory." Pinkie Pie nodded sympathetically.

_____________________________
In another dimension...

The moment she teleported, Twilight stopped bouncing.

"What in the-" The whole world was black. Black as far as the eye could see.

"Hello?" Twilight called out experimentally

"Is anypony there !?" She practically yelled. No response. She managed to hold back the sudden flood of panic that flooded her body. The "Clip-clop" of her hooves and felt texture of the darkness below her hooves did little to reassure her pounding heart that she was still there.


"Clip-clop"


"Clip-clop"


"Clip-clop"


"Clip-clop"


"Clip-clop"

After what felt like an eternity, just when she was was about to scream, just from the anxiety levels she was feeling, she saw a faint, flickering light in the distance. The steady rhythm of her hooves increased, her hooves relieved to have escaped the oppressing darkness .Before long, she was standing in front of the source of the light. It was a building, that she could be sure of, but what it was ,was a mystery to her. It was fashioned out of strange red rectangles, with a grey material inter spaced between, seemingly holding it up. The wooden roof had squashed look. The few windows were too grimy and dirty for Twilight to look through, but she could hear talking from underneath the thick wooden door. The wooden sign on top said 'Creepypasta Bar' in etched black letters. With a nervous gulp and steadying breath, she opened the door.

Author's Note:

Enjoy the cliffhanger, suckers! Muhahaha! Evil laughter aside, here's a new chapter! As always, tell me what you think.
(I apologize for the quality, this was written at 2am)
Ok, thats all for now, see you- zzzzzz....

Comments ( 10 )

3775200 Did you see the new chap? Take a look and enjoy the cliffhanger!:twilightsheepish:

I love the chapter!

Thanks for not giving me nightmares this time! :rainbowlaugh:

I love the story, and just... Yes, I do not mind the quality, for in my head

everything is detailed.

EVERYTHING

Have a nice day or night. Hug?

~Grr

3809732
Responses to sentences (in order)

Yay!

That will end soon.:pinkiecrazy:

Good.

EVERYTHING?

Thank you.

*hugs*

If you haven't seen my blog post, go read it. Anyway, MLD:ToE, is being put on hold until I get more inspiration. Any ideas?

an idea: several creepypasta characters are questioning tails dolls motives for traveling to another dimension, and when they see twilight! Some crap can go down

6696326 sounds neat, but what do you mean, some crap may go down? Explain?

Comment posted by Lingering_shadow deleted Dec 8th, 2015

6697565
What I mean is that Twilight is an element of harmony, and we can both agree that creepypasta characters are not exactly the most harmonious dudes, so they do not take kindly to her presence and assault her, whether they do so verbally or phisically (no idea if I spelled that right. The one time I could actually USE autocorrect) is up to you

This is an odd story, but certainly unique (and probably has a lot of potential if you were to treat it more comedically). I'm not sure why you stopped writing it...

9868415
Lack of ideas, or rather, I should say, lack of good ideas. I wrote this while in my 'edgy' phase and liked Creepypasta. After the first chapters, I kept throwing ideas at the wall, and quite frankly, none of them stuck. In a way, I'm glad this story died, so I could possibly start another one later. I usually read stories, not write them, that being said, my unpublished stories, or rather story ideas are numerous and varied, I cant just find the motivation to actually work on them.

Login or register to comment