• Published 2nd Sep 2013
  • 508 Views, 8 Comments

Saving the Elements - Flames173



The sequel to Mind Swap. Rainbow Dash ends up discovering a plot to steal the elements of harmony, the perp? Spitfire of course, who else?

  • ...
5
 8
 508

Elements of Dissonance

Spitfire kicked down what Twilight had repaired of the exploded wall.

"All right maggots, where are the elements of harmony. Give me them now or die." Spitfire said, adjusting her sunglasses.

"What makes you think you can get them?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Because you are weak compared to me."

"How? There's seven of us and one of you. Plus we have 4 of the elements and you have two! We out number and out power you!"

"HAH both of those statements are wrong, I assure you that. In fact, take your worthless elements back." Spitfire threw the necklaces at the mares then adjusted her mane.

Twilight noticed something sticking out of Spitfire's head. "Wh-what the?" Twilight asked, scared.

"What? Does my horn scare you?" Spitfire taunted the lavender alicorn.

"A little, yes."

"HAH, pussy. I will give you three minutes to prepare yourself for the fight of a lifetime."

The six mares looked at each each other then at Spitfire.

"Starting now." her voice boomed around the small cottage.

Then the ponies all ran to their elements and put them on. After about three minutes, they appeared in the main room, ready for action.

"Hmm, I was beginning to think you skipped town with the elements." Spitfire said.

"Never." Twilight glared at the golden mare.

"Ok, well, now to balance the fight." Spitfire took out three silver necklaces, exactly like the elements of Kindness, Laughter, and Loyalty, and put them on, the gems were a dark grey.

"What the heck?"

"I call them the elements of dissonance. Kindness is now hatred, loyalty is now betrayal, and laughter is now, now, umm, ok I haven't thought this one through, but it doesn't matter. Each one is the strength of their good counterparts doubled."

"Ok, but Frank here gives us more strength than you, and you're still outnumbered!"

"I figured you notice that." Spitfire put a hoof to her lips and whistled. Six changelings walked in and stretched their muscles. They looked at the mane 6 and smirked.

"Fresh meat." one said.

"Easy pickings." the second said.

"Frank, you traitor!" the third shouted.

The fourth simply cracked his neck, pointed at Twilight, then slid his hoof slowly across his throat.

The last two stared at Spitfire, awaiting commands.

"Maybe this was a bad idea." Pinkie Pie said.

"Yeah, I have a husband to go back to." Fluttershy put in.

"And all the fashion disasters in Ponyville, if I die, who will fix them?" Rarity asked.

"Wow you girls are a bunch of pansies. Bring it on!" Applejack quickly flexed her arm and leg muscles then got ready for battle.

"Prepare your anus, for some serious ass kicking!" Spitfire adjusted her necklaces and looked at one changeling, giving a silent command with a jerk of her head. The six changelings instantly switched forms to various ponies, and they attacked the mane 6 and Frank.

Each mare took one changeling and Frank took Spitfire.

Pinkie watched as Vinyl Scratch advanced on her.

"OOH, pretty horn!" She said giddily. "OH, I heard you're an AMAZING DJ, maybe you should do one of my parties sometime. How much do you get payed being a DJ who doesn't have a regular gig?" Pinkie went on and on asking various questions.

"OH SCREW THIS!" The changeling switched forms again.

"Celestia? No way, I never thought I'd get to talk to you again! So, how hard is it to be an immortal being? What about controlling the sun? Did you know that it's the single most powerful force of nature and nearly impossible to control?"

"OH MY FUCKING CELESTIA! I QUIT!" The changeling reverted back to normal form and walked away.

"Wait, where did Celestia go, and what's Vinyl's answer on being DJ to one of my parties? Hmm, I wonder where Frank is?"

***

Applejack waited for her opponent to get close to her. She instantly turned around and kicked it in the face.

"OW! Why'd you go and do that? Maybe I was gonna be like Frank and join you. Ever thought of that, huh, HUH?" He asked.

"Nope." Then Applejack kicked him again.

"Seriously, what the fuck? STOP!"

"Nope." Then Applejack kicked again.

"Ok, really, you're more evil than me!"

"Oh really?" Then she kicked again.

"Yeah, you keep kicking me for no reason!"

"No, I have a reason." Another kick to the face.

"Just, please, stop."

"Nope." She kicked again.

"Why won't you stop? What did I do? Just, please stop, it's not fun!"

"You're wrong, this is fun." Then she, can you guess what she did? That's right! She slapped him! Oh, that isn't what you thought she'd do? Meh, oh well.

"Well that was a twist."

"No it wasn't, this is." applejack grabbed the changelings hoof and twisted one part one way and the other part the other way.

The changeling howled in pain. but Applejack didn't let go, he eventually bit her.

Applejack let go of the changeling's hoof then kicked the changeling in the jaw.

"Ok, you know what, I'm done, I'm just done! Goodbye! YO GEORGE, START THE CAR!" she shouted, heading for the door after the other changeling.

***

Frank and the other changeling stood staring at each other.

"How about we play Unicorn, Pegasus, Earth Pony instead of fighting, then nobody gets hurt." Frank proposed.

"Sure." The other changeling responded.

Unicorn, Pegasus, Earth Pony is the changeling version of Rock, Paper, Scissors. Unicorn beats Pegasus, Pegasus beats Earth Pony, and Earth Pony beats Unicorn.

The two changelings chanted the game's name then they changed forms. They both became Land Ponies.

"Ok, so it's a tie, lets try again." Frank said, then they did it again and they were both unicorns. The game continued on for countless rounds. Every game ended in a tie.

"Hey hey Frank, whatcha doin?" Pinkie Pie asked, bounding up to the two changelings.

The two changelings looked at the pink pony. Frank was about to respond when the other changeling got a devilish smile, he transformed into Frank then tackled him.

"Oh, is this one of those guess who's who games? I absolutely LOVE them!" Pinkie said.

The two changelings glared at each other.

"I can solve this!" Pinkie walked up to one of the changelings. She stared him in the eyes. The changeling stared back nervously. "Are you the real Frank?"

"Yes."

Pinkie looked at the other changeling. "Are you the real Frank?"

"Yes."

She backed up and looked at both of them again. "Well, this is going to be hard." She thought for a few seconds. "You know Frank, I've always loved you since I've met you." Then Pinkie tackled one of the Franks randomly. She hugged him tightly and kissed him affectionately. "I love you so much."

"Oh sweet Celestia I'm done!" he changed back and broke free from the pony's grasp and ran.

"You don't love me and you were just doing that to test who was the real me right?" Frank asked.

"Yeah sure."

***

Fluttershy slowly stepped back as a changeling advanced on her. "P-please don't hurt me, unless, you want to." She said quietly.

"Umm, ok." he said. He stepped up to the yellow pegasus. She was curled up into a ball on the floor. "Are you ok?"

"Just make it quick please."

"So, do you want to die?"

"No, I have a husband and I think I may be pregnant."

"Oh, well, now I can't kill you, then I'd feel guilty. I'll just, come back some other day." The changeling turned around and started walking away.

"Hey, if you don't mind me asking, what's your name?"

"My name is Elvis." He answered then left the building.

"Elvis has left the building, how original." Fluttershy said then stood up and looked around.

***

"Look, there's no way you could possibly beat me. I'm too fast for you to land a hit!" Rainbow Dash taunted her changeling.

"Oh really? Are you faster than yourself?" He asked.

"No, but I could still beat you even if you were me, hell, I could beat you if you were Celestia!"

"Wanna bet?" He transformed into Celestia. The changeling towered over Rainbow Dash.

"Wow, you're pretty tall."

"Yeah, not so awesome now are you?"

"Please, I'll still destroy you, I would win even if there were a thousand of you!"

"Honestly, you're just too overconfident and big headed."

"Do you really think that?"

"Yes, and I'll prove it."

"Ok, sure. First one to Sugar Cube Corner and back wins."

"Fine."

"I'll give you a five second headstart."

"Ok. Get ready to be crushed."

Rainbow Dash and the changeling stretched their wings.

"3, 2, 1, GO!" Rainbow Dash shouted. The changeling darted into the distance, he made pretty good time. Rainbow Dash waited five seconds then took off after him. She caught up quickly, the changeling was having trouble navigating the air.

"Blast this female body. Why did I allow myself to be tricked?"

"Having trouble there?" Rainbow Dash slowed down and flew backwards to talk to the changeling.

"How can males and females have such a different way of flying straight?"

"Dude, you're tricking yourself, they don't fly different." Rainbow dash turned around and bolted to Sugar Cube Corner and back to Fluttershy's cottage. The changeling arrived a few minutes later.

"No fair, I can't fly like that!"

"All is fair in love and war."

"But this isn't love."

"No, but it is war."

"I hate when you're right."

"Now get out of here, I beat you fair and square."

"Fine." The changeling switched back to himself, hissed at Rainbow Dash and walked away.

***

Rarity pulled out a dress and forced her changeling to put it on.

"Seriously?" she asked.

"What, I made a new dress and I needed someone to model."

"So why me?"

"I love a free model."

"Oh, this isn't free, it costs your life." The changeling lunged at Rarity, hooves outstretched, probably trying to strangle the unicorn. She fell just short of her because she slipped on the dress when she jumped. "Of course, nothing in my life is ever simple." She quickly changed to a large stallion, her new muscles ripping the seams of the dress, then she reverted to her normal self and the torn dress fell off of her. "Better."

"What did you just do?" Rarity asked, her eye twitching.

"I ripped off the dress. So what?"

Rarity went berserk on the changeling. She stopped just short of ripping her head off. "NEVER, do that again, got it?" she asked.

"Yes yes, ok, just don't kill me, please." She said.

Rarity released the changeling and watched as she ran away.

***

"So Twilight, you scared?" Spitfire asked. "You scared cuz you know I'm gonna win?"

"No, I'm not scared, because I know that I'm going to win." Twilight answered.

"How? I have the power of six elements of harmony and you have one! Plus we're both alicorns."

"Yes, but I know how to use the magic much better than you."

"And I know how to fly much better than you."

"I have all of my friends."

"I have all of my changelings."

"I am the protagonist in this story, I won't lose!"

"Well, I'm the antagonist, so I won't die."

"Well, take this then!" Twilight shot a blast of magic, which Spitfire blocked.

"That all you got? It's gonna take a shit load more power than that to beat me!" Spitfire taunted.

"How about this!" Twilight leaned forward and she charged a spell. A small bolt of energy started to form on her horn. It grew quickly to a ball of pure energy of such size that could only be described as epic. She released it and was instantly winded. Spitfire used her magic to form a shield. The ball collided with the shield. Sparks flew everywhere. The ball slowly dissolved as it made contact with the shield, but the effort of blocking it was quickly tiring Spitfire. She began to sweat from the effort. Her mouth formed a cringe and stayed like that. She started panting shortly after. The ball of energy was nearly gone. Her shield shattered as Spitfire lost concentration just as the ball completely vanished.

"I admit, you got some power, but it isn't enough, to beat me." Spitfire said between gasps of breath.

"That isn't anywhere near my maximum power." Twilight did her best not to show how tired she was.

The two alicorns continued to battle. Neither one getting an advantage, and if she did, the other quickly ended it. The rest of their teams battled. Twilight's friends stood by and watched the battle between two seemingly unstoppable forces.

"Should we help her?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Nah Sugarcube, if we did, we would surely be vaporized, look at what's happening to the house." Applejack answered.

Fluttershy, being bored, threw an acorn at Spitfire. Spitfire quickly shot it with an obviously weak attack, and it vanished from sight instantly.

"Yeah, I don't think we should get involved." Rarity said.

The two alicorns continued to duel, eventually, Spitfire began to beat Twilight. She was just short of sending Twilight on a one way trip to pony heaven, when Soarin burst into the house. He flew over to Spitfire and ninja-kicked the elements of dissonance off Spitfire's neck. Spitfire's horn shrunk down into nothingness, cancelling the spell that was about to kill Twilight.

"WHAT, NO! YOU TRAITOR!" Spitfire shouted at Soarin.

"Sorry Spitfire, but you were growing too evil. I couldn't let this continue on." Soarin smashed the three necklaces on the ground.

"Soarin, I vow to personally send you to the deepest depths of tartarus! You will pay for this!" Spitfire started to run to the pegasus.

"Not so fast Spitfire!" Twilight shot a blast of magic at Spitfire, it took almost all of her remaining energy, but it hit the pegasus in the side. She was sent sprawling across the floor, knocked out cold.

Comments ( 2 )

....................................Wow that went fast..........................................:derpytongue2:

3269942
But keep in mind, the story still says incomplete. Which means it isn't done.
So there's more to come.
So I have to type more.
Which means more work.
Or I could just change the tag to complete, right?

Login or register to comment