• Published 25th Feb 2012
  • 4,896 Views, 568 Comments

The Wandering Physicist Adventures - WanderingPhysicist



Scientist, nerd, mystery. Ponyville's newest resident has a lot of secrets to share with new friend

  • ...
19
 568
 4,896

PreviousChapters Next
Starlight Crusader

Main Characters: Apple Bloom, Starlight Clarke
Cameos: Applejack, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Nurse Redheart
Original Start Date: September 15, 2012


On a lazy day in Ponyville, ponies are going about their business in town without a care in the world. Out at Sweet Apple Acres, the Apple family takes the day to clean up around the farm. Apple Bloom is out at the Crusader Clubhouse, getting it ready for the next time the Cutie Mark Crusaders try for their cutie marks. She hums to herself while she dusts using her tail and a duster in her mouth. She sets down the duster and trots to the telescope. The filly is adjusting the settings when a loud explosion rocks the clubhouse. Apple Bloom barely catches the telescope before it falls over.

The scared filly gallops out of the clubhouse and looks around. A small wisp of smoke rises from the forest. Apple Bloom gallops towards it as fast as she can. After a few hundred meters, she reaches the edge of a fresh crater. The earth looks like it was forced outward from a central point instead of dislocated from an impact. Apple Bloom peers over the rim, expecting to see a meteor. Instead she sees a sky blue unicorn colt. His coat and messy green mane are covered in soot. The investigating filly can barely make out a star-shaped cutie mark on the colt’s soot-covered flank. She slides down the crater to get a better look.

‘Are y’all okay?’ Apple Bloom asks.

The colt turns on shaky hooves and smiles at the filly. ‘One sec.’ There is a pop above the colt and a cracked pair of glasses drop out of the sky and land on his face. ‘There we go.’

The colt laughs and falls over. Apple Bloom rushes to help him. She brushes away more soot in an attempt to better identify the mysterious colt, revealing several purple stars as his cutie mark. Not recognizing the mark, the filly sighs, lifts the colt onto her back and carries him to the clubhouse.

The first thing the colt sees when he wakes is a yellow and red blur hovering over his face. He reaches for his glasses, but they are not there.

‘Whoa there, partner,’ Apple Bloom cautions. ‘Y’all were out fer a while now. Ya gotta give it a moment befer ya try anythin’.’

‘Unless you want to my face pressed against yours so I can actually see you, I’m going to need my glasses.’

Apple Bloom groans and picks up the glasses. ‘They’re pretty wrecked. Ah don’ think they’ll be much use.’

The colt squints and levitates the glasses. ‘I used to bust them all the time. That is why mom taught me this spell first.’ His horn gets a slight purple glow, and the glasses mends itself. He dons them and adjusts them to comfortable position. ‘That’s better.’ He looks around the room and clearly sees Apple Bloom for the first time. A wide grin forms. ‘That is much better.’

The filly blushes and looks away. ‘Thanks... Uh, Ah don’ recognize ya from around town. Are ya new here?’

‘In a sense,’ the colt replies, ‘I was just popping by after learning a new spell. I guess it got away from me a bit.’ He sighs, ‘Mom warned me it was a tough one to master...’

‘Got away a bit? Shoot. The crater was twice the size of mah big brother!’

The colt grimaces. ‘I assume that is really big. You’ll have to show me once the room stops spinning.’ He instantly collapses back to the floor and extends a hoof. ‘By the way, it is great to meet you, cutie.’

Apple Bloom blushes again. She shakes the hoof. ‘Name’s Apple Bloom.’

‘A cute name for a cute filly. I’m Starlight S... uh, Clarke! Yeah! Starlight Clarke!’

‘Clarke? That’s an odd name.’

‘Better than Gorthax... just don’t tell any Gorthaxes that to their face. They don’t like it very much.’

‘Anypony ever tell ya yer very odd?’

Starlight smirks. ‘They never really stop.’

‘Anyway, who are yer parents? Ah can give ‘em a call and let ‘em know yer okay.’

‘What year is it? Where am I?’ Before Apple Bloom can answer, Starlight holds up a hoof. ‘Never mind. I’ve always wanted to try this.’ He sniffs the air a bit and gets a shocked expression. ‘Actually, I’m here a little earlier than I should be. My parents aren’t around yet.’

‘What does that mean? Ya moved here befer they did?’

‘More or less... Hey! Do you have any snacks? I am so hungry I could eat a Fronarian Water Mule!’ He covers his mouth and whispers, ‘Don’t worry. That is just a fancy name for a sentient form of lily that sheds petals for other creatures to eat. Very tasty, but needs a pinch of salt.’

‘Ya sound like Jimmy when ya say weird things like that,’ Apple Bloom laughs as shes juice boxes from the clubhouse cooler.

Starlight tilts his head as he watches his new friend get their drinks. ‘I like this angle.’

Apple Bloom gives a loud squeak as she spins around. Her face matches her mane out of embarrassment and anger. Starlight’s juice box hits him in the muzzle with precision aim. He laughs as he uses his magic to serve his drink.

The two foals snack in silence. Apple Bloom tries to figure out the colt in front of her. Starlight rolls to his stomach to watch the filly. He gives a big smile, knowing she is looking.

‘What are ya grinnin’ ‘bout?’

‘Sorry. Just not used to a cute filly giving me this much attention.’

Apple Bloom blushes. ‘Shut up!’

Starlight laughs. ‘I love it when your cheeks match your mane. Makes ya extra cute.’

The filly’s blush deepens. ‘Whatever. When are ya getting back t’ yer place anyway?’

‘Trying to get rid of me so soon?’ The colt fakes a frown then laughs. ‘I’ll try heading out once my magic returns... and I can stand. I doubt you want to carry me everywhere. Not that I wouldn’t enjoy the ride.’

The filly growls with rage, stomps across the room and slaps the colt. ‘Pervert! Didn’ yer parents teach ya any manners?’

‘They did, but I just seem to lose all control when I am around you. I could roll over again and show you what I really think of you.’

‘O’ all the disgustin’...’ Apple Bloom turns and stomps away.

‘What? No chance for a little Florence Nightingale effect?’

‘Ah don’ know why Ah even helped ya in the first place!’

‘Winning smile? Or was it because you are the type of pony that can’t stand to see another pony in a bad situation? You feel compassion even for your rivals. Or, if I can have one last guess, love at first sight?’

Apple Bloom stares back blankly. ‘The second one. Nothin’ else. Now, if ya’ll excuse me, Ah’m gonna get mah sister t’ take ya back t’ yer home.’

‘Wait! You can’t tell anypony I’m here!’

The filly groans and rolls her eyes. ‘Why do the runaways always come here?’

‘I’m not running. It is just that nopony can know I am here. Not yet. A lot of things, some good, some bad, mostly crazy and overall disastrous would happen if anypony knew I was here.’

‘Y’all don’ have one of them tiny cameras in yer glasses and are filmin’ this fer a stupid reality show are ya?’

‘Apple Bloom. Look into my eyes. I am telling the truth. Please. Just let me stay hidden here until I can leave.’

Apple Bloom stares at the colt laying on the ground. He stares back and uses his magic to adjust his glasses. The filly sighs.

‘Fine. Ah’ll let ya stay. Just give me a sec t’ get ya some supplies. Ah got school in the mornin’ so yer gonna be on yer own.’

‘Thanks. You’re the sweetest. That’s why I married you.’

Apple Bloom rolls her eyes again and trots out of the clubhouse. Starlight laughs to himself. He looks around and spots Apple Bloom’s abandoned juice box. He levitates it over and sighs as he gets an indirect kiss from his caretaker.

At the farmhouse, Apple Bloom tosses snacks and drinks into a saddlebag already half-full of apples. Applejack trots into the room to see what her sister is doing.

‘What in the hay is goin’ on here?’ the older sister asks.

Apple Bloom freezes and turns to face her sister. ‘Oh, uh, Jimmy said there was gonna be a fancy planetary alignment t’night. Since we don’ have a meetin, Ah thought Ah’d watch from the clubhouse.’

Applejack nods. ‘Sounds fun. Mind if Ah tag along? Ah’ve been meanin’ t’ check out one o' them astronomy thin’s fer a while now.’

‘Well, uh, this ain’t really somethin’ spectacular t’ see fer a first time. Maybe ya can coordinate with Prin-, I mean, Selene, and she can bring yer coltfriend with her t’ the next club meetin’. Ah hear it is a good place t’ go fer dates...’

Applejack sighs. ‘Fine. If ya don’ want yer big sis t’ spend the night with ya, ya jus’ have t’ say so.’ She trots over and ruffles her sister’s mane. ‘Though ya did give me a good idea fer a date. Yer gonna make some colt real happy some day.’

‘If Ah don’ kill him first...’ Apple Bloom groans.

‘What?’

‘Nothin’!’

The filly lifts her saddlebag, straining under the weight and gallops away as fast as she can.

Starlight watches as Apple Bloom unpacks her saddlebag. She sets out each of the items in an ordered fashion.

‘I know one a day keeps the doctor away,’ the colt comments, staring at the pile of apples, ‘but did you have to bring enough to scare away the whole Equestrian Medical Association.’

‘We’re apple farmers. We have lots o’ apples,’ the annoyed filly moans.

‘Well, I don’t see an apple on your butt. And believe me, I’ve checked. Often. Just now.’

Apple Bloom shoves an apple in the colt’s mouth. ‘Listen, Ah don’ care where yer from but if ya want t’ stay in mah clubhouse and get mah help, yer going t’ treat me with some respect! If Ah hear one more perverted comment from ya, Ah’m throwin’ ya out and leavin’ timberwolf bait all around ya. Got it?’

Starlight eats the apple. ‘Your eyes are so beautiful.’ A hoof stomps beside his head. ‘I got it! I got it! Come on. I was just having some fun with ya.’ He looks into Apple Bloom’s eyes and smiles. ‘I really mean it about your eyes.’

The filly blushes and backs away, not knowing how to react. She trots over to the telescope and sits down. ‘Listen, Ah told mah sis that Ah was gonna be watchin’ some alignment t’night, so Ah’ll keep ya company. Jus’ be quiet when it starts so Ah can enjoy it in peace.’

‘I know a bit of astronomy. Mind if I help?’

‘Only if ya do it silently.’

‘Deal. I won’t speak unless spoken to once the alignment starts.’ Starlight sniffs the air. ‘So... since it is a few hours until sundown, what do you want to do until then?’

‘Ah know this great game from mah friend Fluttershy. It is called “Shh!”. Ah bet yer great at it.’

Starlight stares at Apple Bloom blankly. ‘I lose! Do you have a copy of Cards Against Ponies?’

The beleaguered filly groans and wishes for the colt’s speedy recovery.

With a bit of help, Starlight has moved close to the telescope so he can observe the alignment. He leans back from the eyepiece, turns to Apple Bloom and makes a complex series of gestures with his forelegs.

‘What in the hay are ya doin’? Jus’ talk normal-like.’

‘Sorry. You did tell me not to say anything once the alignment began.’

Apple Bloom groans, ‘What did Ah say ‘bout actin’ weird?’

‘Nothing about acting weird. Only about acting perverted, which is very subjective based on the morality of the culture in question.’ Before the filly can argue, Starlight continues, ‘And as I was trying to say, it is really magnificent how the light reflecting off of three large bodies like those can create such a beautiful glow. Almost as beautiful as you. What do you think?’

Apple Bloom blushes. ‘Ah don’ know ‘bout that. Ah was thinkin’ that having them aligned like that would be perfect fer some gravitational lensin’ effects.’

‘I take it you like science.’

The filly yawns and looks through the eyepiece. ‘Ah wouldn’ be up like this, plannin’ on nappin’ during lunch tomorrow if Ah didn’.’

‘What’s your favorite field, if you don’t mind me asking?’

Apple Bloom sits back and thinks. ‘Ah don’ know. It is all pretty interestin’. Ah guess astronomy since Ah get t’ hang out with Jimmy a lot.’

‘I should have guessed since you like Starlight so much. Who is this “Jimmy”? Is he your coltfriend? Should I be jealous?’

The filly blushes. ‘He ain’t nothin’ like that! He’s jus’ like a big brother that’s all. Ah jus’ wish Ah were a little older. Ah wouldn’ be as wishy-washy as mah sister and jus’ go fer it!’

‘But if you were older, we wouldn’t be the perfect couple we are now.’

‘Shush you.’ Apple Bloom yawns. ‘Ah’m gettin’ beat. Ah got mah sleepin’ bag. Do ya need any help with yer blanket?’

‘I’ll be fine. I’ll be up for a bit more. You get some rest. I promise not to do anything funny.’ Starlight mimes crossing his heart, flapping his forelegs and sticking something in his face.

‘If ya promise...’ the tired filly yawns.

Apple Bloom trots to where she has a sleeping bag set up. She curls up and goes to sleep. Starlight smiles and watches the filly for a moment. He stands and stretches his sore legs. He trots outside and looks into the sky. He looks back down at the lights of Ponyville in the distance. Two distinct lights are on at this time of night. He smiles, trots back inside gives Apple Bloom a quick nuzzle then goes to bed.

Apple Bloom yawns as she trots out of the schoolhouse at the end of the day. Even with napping during lunch and recess, she is still tired. She joins her friends, who were among the first out of the building.

‘Are you ready to try for our cutie marks again?’ Scootaloo asks, standing on her scooter, flapping her wings in anticipation of adventure.

‘Y’all go on without me. Ah’m still beat from stayin’ up.’

‘Well, we don’t have to do something too involved,’ Sweetie Belle offers. ‘We can always do something around the clubhouse.’

‘NO!’

The two other ponies stare at Apple Bloom in shock.

‘Ah mean... Ah was out there last night with the astronomy thin’...’

‘Boring!’ Scootaloo comments.

‘...and Ah was noticin’ some loose boards. Ah wanna fix them up befer y’all come over again. Don’ want us t’ fall through the floor... again.’

‘I guess that make sense,’ Sweetie Belle agrees.

‘Sides, if ya need a third pony fer what y’all were plannin’, Ah’m sure Del wouldn’ mind helping out.’

Hearing her name, the pegasus darts over. ‘I heard my name. I would enjoy sending the day with Cutie Belle’s Crusaders.’

‘Told you that’s a good name,’ the unicorn filly taunts.

‘Whatever,’ Scootaloo groans. ‘Just hop in.’ The other ponies climb in the wagon attached to the scooter. ‘Give us a call if you need help, AB.’

‘Will do!’

Scootaloo flaps her wings extra hard, and the three ponies ride away. Apple Bloom sighs and trots down the road.

Apple Bloom looks into the clubhouse. The building is surprisingly quiet when she takes into account the pony who should be occupying it.

‘Y’all in here?’

‘I thought I said to tell nopony,’ an angry voice growls.

‘It’s okay. She won’t tell. She’s who Jimmy goes t’ when we need a covert doctor.’

‘I keep telling you that I am a nurse, not a doctor,’ Nurse Redheart groans as she steps into the clubhouse.

‘She won’t tell?’ Starlight asks, poking his head from a hole in the ceiling.

‘How in the hay did ya get up there?’ Apple Bloom asks.

‘Just thought of you and my heart soared. Guess the rest of the body went with it.’

The filly blushes, groans and looks away.

Redhearts helps Starlight to the ground. ‘Miss Apple Bloom, please wait outside. We don’t want you observing a private examination.’

‘Gladly,’ the filly snorts as she trots out.

The nurse hold up a foreleg. A small device is attached to it. The device emits a beam that covers Starlight. She reads its display and gasps.

‘It detected my genetic makeup, right?’ the colt asks.

‘Don’t worry. I am deleting it now,’ the nurse replies, tapping the display. ‘I’ll be the only one to know, for now.’

‘Thank you. I trust you. Anypony Apple Bloom trusts...’

‘Tut, tut. We’re not done yet.’ Redheart taps the device a couple more times. ‘Vitals seem normal. Your magic readings are way low, even for a colt your age. You probably shouldn’t be using it so much while you are recharging.’

Starlight smirks. ‘Have to show off for her somehow.’

‘Definitely those genes in you,’ the nurse grumbles as she taps the device. ‘Anyway, physically, you are fine but magically, you need to rest more and eat more magically-stimulating foods.’

‘Yeah, cause apples. Woo.’

Redheart sighs. ‘I’ll drop off some food that will help on my way home from the hospital. Just promise me not to use your magic before then.’

‘You know my parents, sensei. Would I do something stupid?’

‘Yes,’ the mare plainly states as she trots out of the clubhouse.

‘How’d it go?’ Apple Bloom asks as she returns.

‘Healthy as a horse,’ the colt replies. ‘Perfectly fit in more ways than one, too.’

The filly glares. ‘What did Ah tell ya ‘bout that?’

‘Sorry,’ Starlight laughs. ‘She said my magic is pretty drained. Just gotta take it easy for a bit before I can leave.’

‘Anything Ah can do t’ get ya outa here sooner?’

‘A kiss might work.’

‘Ah think ya can stay a bit longer.’

Starlight laughs and gets a couple of drinks from the supplies. When he turns back, he sees the filly trying to shuffle a large deck of cards.

‘What’s this?’ the colt asks.

Apple Bloom blushes. ‘Well, ya said ya wanted t’ play Cards last night. Ah borrowed this from Jimmy. We can play with two or three randoms t’ even thin’s out a bit.’

‘Sounds fine. Here. Let me help.’ Starlight takes the cards with his magic and starts shuffling them. ‘So, how do you know the nurse won’t tell?’

Apple Bloom looks away. ‘A while ago, mah family was goin’ out o’ town t’ somethin’ Ah didn’ want t’ go t’. AJ said it was okay fer me t’ stay with Jimmy while they were outa town. Ah was so excited t’ be staying with ‘im that Ah tripped when Ah was gallopin’ up the stairs t’ Jimmy’s house. Ah broke mah leg, but Jimmy and the nurse were able t’ get me fixed up. It didn’ even hurt by the time AJ returned. Ah don’ think they told her...’

‘It is good having somepony you can trust like that.’

‘Yeah... Ah wish Ah were older...’

‘If you were older, our age difference would be huge! It would make our relationship even more awkward than it is.’

‘We don’ have a relationship.’

‘And that is what makes it so awkward.’

Apple Bloom groans and shakes her head. ‘Jus’ deal the cards.’

Starlight laughs and starts dealing the cards.

After an embarrassing game of Cards Against Ponies, which Apple Bloom easily won, the two foals are having a small snack as the afternoon wanes into evening. The young filly watches the young unicorn as he happily eats his small meal. Starlight tosses an apple into the air, slices it with his horn on the way down and catches the pieces with his magic. He smiles as he offers one to Apple Bloom.

‘Here ya go, cutie.’

‘Ah thought Ah asked ya t’ stop callin’ me that?’

‘Among other things, yes, but I’m willing to be punished for this one since it is true.’

‘Ya know Am only helpin’ ya ‘cause ya were injured, right?’

‘Keep telling yourself that.’ Starlight looks out the window. ‘Oh! Look at the time. You should be getting home.’

Apple Bloom looks. ‘What do ya mean? Yer actually not wanting me around now?’

‘I would love to stay by your side forever but if you spend too much time out here, don’t you think your family will get suspicious?’

‘Ah guess... Will ya be okay without me?’

Starlight poses dramatically. ‘The flame of our love will carry me through the night.’

‘Y’all were dropped on the head a lot as a baby, weren’t ya?’Apple Bloom asks as she packs her bag.

Starlight laughs and smiles. Apple Bloom sighs and trots outside.

‘I’ll miss you!’ Starlight calls from a window.

‘That’ll make one o’ us!’ the filly calls back.

After spending the evening with her family, Apple Bloom is happy to back in her own bed. It is a lot more comfortable than sleeping on the hard floor of the clubhouse. She sighs contentedly as she settles down into a fluffy pillow and pulls her blankets up high. The filly looks out her window at the moon. She smiles as the starlight illuminates her bedroom. The starlight...

The little filly pulls her blankets over her head and tries not to think about the colt staying in her clubhouse. The thoughts get the better of her, and she gets out of bed. She sneaks past her sister’s room and out of the house. She gallops a path she has galloped many times before reaching the clubhouse. Just like after school, the clubhouse is unusually quiet while Starlight sleeps. The filly climbs the ladder and looks in.

Starlight sleeps in Apple Bloom’s sleeping bag, his glasses resting next to him. The entering filly groans as she sees the potential drool stain forming under the sleeping colt. Apple Bloom sighs turning it into a yawn as her sleepiness takes over. She finds one of the spare blankets she left and curls up herself. Starlight’s horn glows, and the cushion he was using as a pillow is levitated under the sleeping filly. Starlight smiles as he settles in the sleeping bag.

Not having found Apple Bloom in her room, Applejack makes her way to the Crusader Clubhouse to find her sister. The filly has been acting strange recently, and Applejack is going to get to the bottom of it.

As the mare nears the clubhouse, she hears a distinctive sound from inside. When she gets closer, she recognizes it as clopping hooves. Applejack grits her teeth and prepares to give her sister one heck of a talking to. Once she is at the base of the tree, she can hear her sister’s voice.

‘Come on. Almost. Jus’... gotta.’

Apple Bloom lets out a primal scream. Applejack shudders and quietly trots up the ladder to the door. She peeks in to see Apple Bloom laying on the ground. The filly is covered in sweat and is panting. A sky blue unicorn colt collapses next to her. Applejack does her best to hold back a scream.

‘One more time?’ the colt asks.

‘Maybe jus’ one more time,’ Apple Bloom pants. ‘Yer too good. Ah’m startin’ t’ get sore.’

Applejack starts stepping through the door but stops her movement when the two foals sit up. They start slowly clapping their hooves and reaching across to clap each other’s hoof. After the first cross, they pick up speed. The frustration starts to show on Apple Bloom’s face. Applejack looks at the colt grin. He has not even broken a sweat.

‘Come on. Come on,’ Apple Bloom growls. ‘Gotta go harder... Faster... Ah’m almost...’

The filly’s hooves get tangled, and she screams again. Applejack laughs to herself as she backs away from the clubhouse. She can hear her sister rolling around the floor as she tantrums. She sighs in relief that Apple Bloom is just playing with a friend.

Inside the clubhouse, Starlight laughs and lays down next to the raging Apple Bloom.

‘Was it good for you, too?’ the colt taunts.

‘Shut up,’ Apple Bloom growls as she ends her rolling next to Starlight.

The colt smiles and laughs. The filly laughs as well. They sigh. Apple Bloom closes her eyes and leans towards Starlight. He leans towards her and puckers his lips. The filly moves right past his muzzle and nuzzles his cheek. He sighs and returns the nuzzle. Apple Bloom catches the action and pushes the colt away.

‘What was that fer, ya pervert?’

‘I was just returning the affection,’ Starlight defends.

‘That was jus’ a moment of weakness! It ain’t like Ah like ya or nothin’!’

‘You are really cute when you’re embarrassed.’

‘Shut up.’

Starlight laughs again. ‘You thirsty?’ he asks while levitating a couple drinks.

‘Ah could use somethin’, yes.’

The unicorn serves their drinks. Apple Bloom sighs while she drinks. She looks over at her guest. He smiles at her attention.

‘Ah take it ya are feel better.’

‘I’m definitely not worse.’

‘Ya think ya’ll be leavin’ soon?’

‘Missing me already?’

‘Ah just wanna know when Ah’ll get mah clubhouse back.’

‘Don’t worry. My magic should be up to full power soon. I’ll be trying the spell later tonight.’

‘Oh. Okay...’

‘Are you okay? We’ll have all day together. Besides, I’ll be back again someday.’

‘Ya better! Ya have t’ pay me back fer all the food and time Ah wasted on ya.’

‘I promise to pay you back, with interest too.’

‘Good.’ Apple Bloom nods at the agreement. ‘So, what do ya wanna do today?’

‘Well, since I have you prone on the ground already...’

‘If yer thinkin’ what yer implyin’ what yer thinkin’, soon Ah won’ be the only filly in the room.’

Starlight laughs. ‘No. We’re too young for that, silly.’ He pulls Apple Bloom’s pack to them and gets out a book and paper. ‘I saw your textbook in here when you arrived. I want my future wife to get the most out her education. I mean, you were almost tardy yesterday. I can’t think of anything worse than that.’

‘Ugh. Now ya sound like Twilight,’ Apple Bloom moans as she gathers her supplies. ‘Jus’ glad ya don’ have a creepy doll t’ chase me with.’

‘Sorry, left that at home,’ Starlight laughs. He settles next to Apple Bloom to watch her work.

Hours later, the two foals are out exploring the forest as the sun is going down. They are having fun chasing each other through the trees. Apple Bloom rounds a large tree and skids to a stop at the edge of the crater where she found Starlight. The colt calmly trots up beside her.

‘I guess it is about time,’ Starlight sighs.

‘Does it have t’ be? Ya can stay longer.’

‘The longer I stay, the more likely somepony will discover me. I have to go.’

‘Dang. Ah was actually enjoyin’ having ya around.’

Starlight smiles. ‘You could have said that days ago.’

Apple Bloom blushes and kicks the ground a bit. Starlight slides down the crater. His horn starts glowing. Particles of energy materialize out of the air and flow into the colt. His body starts glowing.

‘I can use the residual energy to help with my spell.’

Apple Bloom slides down the crater and gives him a hug. ‘I’ll miss ya.’

‘I’m sorry that I have to leave. I was having a great time.’

‘Jus’ be safe, okay? … And learn some manners!’

Starlight laughs. ‘I’ll try. … Hey, before I go, I want to give you something. Something wonderful’

The filly blushes. ‘What?’

‘Close your eyes and find out.’

Apple Bloom close her eyes. Starlight leans forward and kisses her. The colt glows with magical energy and disappears. The filly stands there for a moment before opening her eyes.

‘Yer right. That was the most wonderful thing Ah’ve felt in mah life.’ She takes a deep breath. ‘And t’ be honest, the answer to all three of yer questions were “yes”.’ She looks into the night sky. ‘Ah love ya, Starlight.’

Apple Bloom takes a deep breath and stares at the stars. Slowly, a piece of paper wafts out of the sky and lands in front of her. She picks it up.

I love you, too. -SCS. PS: Will you marry me?

Apple Bloom smiles and holds the note close. She wipes her tears, smiles and stares into the sky again.

Author's Note:

Personally, I think it should be pretty obvious who Starlight is. If you figure it out, his chronicles will be covered in the sequels to this story. Hope you stick around for those too ^_^

TWP Timeline: First appearance of Starlight.

Story Timeline: Apple Bloom gets her first kiss. Starlight proposes to Apple Bloom.

PreviousChapters Next