• Published 10th Aug 2013
  • 439 Views, 3 Comments

The Scrolls of Equestria - AleneShazam



Seven ponies. One destiny. An ancient prophecy, heralding the return of the dragons. And the savior of all ponykind.

  • ...
1
 3
 439

3.5 Don't Fuck with the Multiverse AKA I get high and what is this

I blinked. The plasma had passed right through us, sinking into the earth. Then I looked at Fluttershy, and whatever sane part of my wreck of a brain seized up.

She was glowing. The last vestiges of the lightning strike had snaked up to Fluttershy, where it remained, lacing her forelegs. An eerie green light poured from her eyes, as invisible waves of incredible power poured from her very being. The trees themselves leaned towards her, losing their leaves, which circled around us in a strange, magical dance. It took my ragged mind a few moments to realized that the leaves were forming a dome around us. It had grown so thick that the sky was blotted out, leaving Fluttershy’s strange glowing eyes as the only light source remaining.

“Flutter...shy?” I gurgled, staring at her. She was so full of power, her strength so immense, that I... I began to like her? Yes, strange as it sounds, her power wasn’t oppressive or overpowering. It was calm and gentle, yet vast and immeasurably powerful, like the sea on a calm day. Playful, but not to be crossed. I shivered.

She fixed those glowing, energy charged eyes on me. Then she spoke, in a strange, thrumming, multi-layered voice. “Don’t be afraid, Bladesong. Help will come soon.” She smiled at me, gently. Chillingly gently, for it was not the smile of a friend, or even family. It was the smile a god would wear when observing its creations. Benevolence, and most of all, with an air of observation and curiosity about it. It was exactly what Fluttershy was doing. Actually, I could tell that this wasn’t Fluttershy. “Mother Earth, I Invoke Your Power With The Ancient Tongue! GAEA. TOLSEK DAAR JOOR, FAH ROK DREHLAAN NID VOKUL.”There was a brief moment of silence as the echoes of her voice died down.

Fluttershy extended her legs, and the strings of lightning arced off the tips of her hooves and into... myself? I expected pain. I expected to be electrocuted. I did not, however, expect to be healed. Fresh green sprouts burst from the ground, wrapping around my ragged limbs. More sprouts wrapped around my body, with a few more layers covering my midriff, which was completely torn open with some of the organs spilling out. Speaking of organs, I felt the most quaint of sensations where my guts had fallen out - a slight pressure, as though something was pushing the displaced organ. But something distracted me from the strange tingling. The sprouts on my forelegs were wilting. I watched, open mouthed, as the crisp green plants slowly turned yellow, then a brilliant orange, then finally becoming browned and fragile. The slightest tugs with my limb made the now dead vegetation disintegrate into little flakes. I wasn’t sure what I would see. A badly mauled leg, mutilated beyond recognition, perhaps? I had seen so much harm come to myself that I wouldn’t be surprised if my entire leg was dissolved or something. What I found shocked me... for the billionth time this day.

“It’s... perfectly healed...” I whispered to myself, marveling at the flawless recovery. Such healing abilities were unheard of. “How...?” I tugged at the sprouts covering my other limb. They, too, broke away, revealing an unblemished foreleg. As I lay there, dumbstruck, feeling suddenly returned to my abdomen. Somehow, without me realizing, my organs have been pushed into place, and my flesh had healed. And, once the greenery had crumbled away, I saw that my body was whole once again. Looking at myself, it was hard to imagine that just barely minutes ago, I was lying on the floor bleeding out from savage wounds.

“Take care of her, Bladesong.” Whaaat?! “Take care of this young mare. She plays an important part in your story.” The entire dome of swirling leaves started to wilt and crumble as she said those words, those words uttered by Fluttershy’s mouth but not Fluttershy’s soul.

“Who are you?” I managed to ask, lifting up my weakened body. Healed it may be, but the stress of nearly being eaten alive was still strong in my mind. I could barely stand up straight, let alone speak.

“Know that in your future endeavors, Mother Nature will be watching over you...” Intoned Fluttershy, the light fading from her eyes and the dome of leaves collapsing completely. She stood there, swaying for a moment. Then she landed on top of me, and I staggered, my newly reformed legs protesting at having to hold the weight of two ponies.

“AJ!” I cried, struggling to stay standing. “Pinkie! Iron Pauldron! Help!” This time, my shouts traveled far, right into the ears of my intended recipients. I couldn’t help but grin in spite of my condition when I saw a ball of pink barrel down the hill.

Pinkie looked like she was going to tackle me, but even she waited for AJ to load Fluttershy on to her back before she did so. “Bladey, we were so worried!” She said, holding me close. Maybe slightly too close. Her eyes were wide with panic and worry, and her mane was flattened. “We saw you fall, and we heard growling and howling, then Fluttershy rushed down before we could stop her, and there was the lightning and the thunder and-” I hugged her, and her hair slowly inflated.

“Shh... Everything is fine now. It’s okay.” I stroked her increasingly more bubbly mane, whispering softly. Surprisingly, she was really cuddly, considering the fact that most Imperials had really . “I’ll explain everything later, when we’ve settled down a bit and Fluttershy comes to, alright?” She nodded, and we smiled at each other.

The trip to Riverwood was relatively uneventful. There was the odd wolf here and there, nothing I couldn’t handle. We came across that weird guardian rock thing, where I touched the warrior stone and made it glow. But aside from that, we traveled in silence.

I was mulling things over, mostly what happened to Fluttershy. AJ and Iron Pauldron obviously trying not to disturb me mulling things over. And Pinkie... well, she was in her own little world, bouncing happily along the path. She’s a strange one, I’ll give you that, but really, she has a good heart. She’s also smart when she wants to, and deadly if she must. A true wild card, that. She usually means well. Just needs to rein in her enthusiasm, is all.

We made it to Riverwood by midnight. The night sky was inky black and Luna’s night was in full splendor. The village was quiet, save for the occasional hoot from owls and the clucks from the odd chicken or two. It seemed absurd to think that just a few hours ago a dragon had sacked the nearby keep of Helgen. It was so... peaceful. Untainted by outside influence.

“It’s nice...” Fluttershy had pretty much recovered from her ordeal, and could walk on her own. “It’s really quiet.”

AJ cleared her throat. “Well, maybe you three should follow Iron Pauldron. I’ll go hit up Big Mac and... discuss things.” She coughed at the term ‘discuss’. “Keep em safe, Iron.” She flashed a grin at the soldier, and walked off in the opposite direction, towards a large farm house next to a grove of fruit bearing trees.

“Right then... You guys, ready to meet Uncle Anvil?” Iron asked, walking up to a house with an attached forge. He took a deep breath, raised a hoof, and tapped on the door. When no one answered, he whipped around and slammed down with his powerful hind hooves, smashing down the door and instantly turning the remains into a wooden missile flying at terminal velocity. It punched through the thin back wall of the house and the crumbled door and walls fell into the river. Iron Pauldron stared in surprise at the ruined entrance.

“Nephew... why in Celestia’s name are you demolishing my house in the middle of the night?!” A gray Nord spluttered as wood dust spread across the inside of the house. “And... oh, hello. Why do you have two beautiful mares with you?” He grinned. A cream colored mare emerged from the wreckage a few moments later and slapped who I assumed to be Anvil across the head. His wife, I suppose.

“Uncle Anvil. I, ah, apologize for the door.” Iron Pauldron scratched his head in embarrassment. “I... knocked.” He blushed. “Too hard. Military training and all, I suppose. Sorry.” He laughed uneasily.

“It’s... fine, I guess. Doors can be replaced, and walls can be rebuilt. But you! Why are you visiting, in the dead of night? I thought you were up at Helgen? And who are these? Your friends?” His questions came as a barrage of words, nearly knocking Iron Pauldron flat.

“Woah, Uncle! Slow down!” Iron chuckled. “One thing at a time. So, Helgen. Yes, I was stationed at Helgen. Note, was. In truth, Helgen was sacked.” His face turned serious and his normally warm eyes hardened.

“What?! By who? Stormcloaks?!” Anvil cried, worriedly.

“No. By what. By a dragon.” Anvil laughed, but was silenced by a stone cold gaze from Iron Pauldron. “You laugh, but you have no idea what we’re up against. It can soar through the sky, torching anything that gets in its way. As far as I can see, It’s impervious to both the best of our arrows, and the magic of our spell casters. It was only after our resident swords master Bladesong here,” He pointed at me. “Stabbed it in a kink in its armor, that we could finally escape from it. It was... death incarnate. That’s the only thing I can use to describe it.”

As I listened to Iron Pauldron explain what happened, I felt an insistent droning at the back of my head. After a while I started to focus on the droning, having nothing to do and it was starting to bug me anyway. It went from a buzzing sound to something similar to a voice. Speaking.

Listen. You are not alone in your quest. There are other Dovahkiin in the wide space of creation. Other worlds. Places you couldn’t even dream of. But now, you need our help. What you’re facing is no ordinary dragon.

“The dragon...” I suddenly muttered. Everyone in the room perked up and stared at me. Somehow, I seemed to have netted myself the seat of leader of the party. “The beast is no mere dragon.” My eyes were open, but I saw nothing of the material plane. Information was pouring into my mind, the culmination of thousands and thousands of beings like me. I am Dovahkiin. Dragonborn. The bane of dragons. Dragons. The ebony serpent. It is Alduin. Eater of Worlds. Alduin. Alduin. Aldu-

“Bladesong!” Somepony hugged me, the sensation rousing me from me maddening trip to knowledge land. “You just sort of... spaced out.” Pinkie stared at me, her mane flat... once again. Her mane seemed to flatten out a lot more often than earlier. “Are you... alright?”

I smiled weakly. “You look better with a poofy mane.” I said. “Now, don’t worry. It’s... it’s something I do.” I lied, before immersing into the world of knowledge once more. Alduin. King of dragons, eater of worlds. Countless multiverses have fallen. Dovahkiin after Dovahkiin, each trying... and failing... and passing on their combined knowledge to the next Dovahkiin in line, hoping that they will finally bring an end to Alduin. I see Dovahkiins looking like large hairless monkeys. Dovahkiins looking like large bipedal cats. Dovahkiins that are dragons themselves, as well as all manner of other strange creatures. Then I saw myself, with nothing afterwards. I understand now. I am the next Dovahkiin. My eyes flew open. “The dragon is Alduin.”

“Alduin...?! The Eater of Worlds?!” Anvil gasped. “The fabled destroyer?” I nodded. “We’re doomed.”

“We. Are. Not.” I said, putting my hoof down, literally and otherwise. “Have you heard of the tale of Dovahkiin?

“He is the embodiment of nordic perfection, aye?” Pauldron said, hesitant. “He fights with honor, carries himself with pride, and drinks like his stomach is bottomless. He has his ways with women, and his, ah, spear, is unparalleled.” His eyes twinkled.

“I don’t know about the spear part, but I figured the Dovahkiin would be something like that.” I muttered. “Well, legend has it, that Alduin fears nothing but the Dovahkiin.”

Anvil’s eyes widened. “If we find the Dovahkiin-”

Pinkie bounced up, her hair now fully blew up once again. “We can get him to sock that dragon on the nose!” She giggled gleefully. “Go, Dovahkiin!”

“Uh... right.” I muttered. Well, that was unexpected. “So, as I was saying...”

“Anvil! There’s news from Whiterun!” A young lad of a stallion galloped towards us, skidding to a halt before us. “A dragon! A dragon is assaulting the city!”

I was running before anypony else could speak.

Author's Note:

Title says all.

I'm surprised that I can type this well after getting completely saturated with caffeine.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment