• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 2,452 Views, 149 Comments

Flarity Group Collab - Jondor



100 - 500 word, prompt based mini-fics by the authors from the Flarity group here on FiMFiction. Because every shipping needs a prompt tag game.

  • ...
22
 149
 2,452

PreviousChapters Next
Failure to Communicate - Monochromatic

Written by: Monochromatic

Admittedly, Rarity never imagined she’d once find Opalescence and herself being scolded by Fluttershy, but there they were. Standing in the middle of Rarity's workroom, the pegasus crossed her forelegs and frowned at Opalescence and Rarity, both of them looking down at the floor much like foals caught misbehaving. Rarity glanced at the bandaged front paw of her cat and felt rather guilty about it. It did look painful...

“Rarity,” Fluttershy said sternly, ignoring the pitiful look given to her. “Apologize to poor Opal. Her paw is in a lot of pain.”

Her paw?! What about my paw?!” Rarity exclaimed, lifting her hoof and showing Fluttershy the several bleeding claw marks on it. “It’s not as if it purposefully wanted to step on her paw. Honestly!” She stamped her un-injured hoof on the ground for emphasis, which only served to further worsen everything by making Opal hiss at her before scurrying to the other side of the room.

Rarity!” Fluttershy exclaimed, looking from the unicorn to the glaring cat in the other side of the room.

Rarity put her hoof on her chest in an offended gesture.“But I didn’t do anything!” she exclaimed defensively, muttering under her breath when Fluttershy sent her to go sit on the couch before heading off to comfort Opalescence. She stomped her way over to the couch and plopped herself on it with a huff, flipping open a nearby magazine and muttering under her breath, “I told her I was sorry…”

If one were to ask Rarity the contents of the magazine, she’d fail to reply seeing as she was too busy spying on Fluttershy and Opal’s conversation. She noticed Opal wincing whenever she placed her injured paw on the floor, and the guilt once more overtook her. Fluttershy, however, was doing some kind of miracle work — as she always did — since Opal’s earlier miffed expression seemed to be dissipating.

Her staring was interrupted when Fluttershy glanced at her and caught her in the act, prompting Rarity to look back to the extremely fascinating article she was most certainly reading instead of spying. After a minute of ‘enthralling lecture’, she glanced back up and noticed Opalescence was nowhere to be seen. She looked around for her, but the search ended quickly when the feline suddenly jumped on to the couch, still scowling at Rarity.

Rarity glanced back at Fluttershy, hoping to get some kind of explanation, but Fluttershy simply smiled at her and nodded towards Opal. When she looked back, Opal’s angered expression had vanished, and she surprised Rarity by walking over to her hoof and gently licking the injuries.

Awww.” Rarity petted Opal’s head, smiling apologetically. “I’m very sorry, Opal. I promise I’ll be more careful from now on.” Her reply seemed to be satisfactory for the feline, offering Rarity an acknowledging meow before curling up next to her owner and licking her own paw.

“See? It wasn’t that hard, now was it?” Fluttershy asked, carrying over the first aid kit and sitting on the other side of Rarity. She took Rarity’s injured hoof in her own and carefully put on some bandages on the scratch marks. “You just need to try and understand each other better.”

“Well, I’m afraid I’m simply not as skilled as you when it comes to communicating, sweetheart,” Rarity admitted, waiting for Fluttershy to finish her administrations before holding her hoof.

Fluttershy looked at Opal. “Oh, it’s not that difficult, Rarity. Besides, you and Opalescence are very similar,” she said, giggling a little and nuzzling against the unicorn. “You’re both just big softies inside.”

PreviousChapters Next