• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 2,447 Views, 149 Comments

Flarity Group Collab - Jondor



100 - 500 word, prompt based mini-fics by the authors from the Flarity group here on FiMFiction. Because every shipping needs a prompt tag game.

  • ...
22
 149
 2,447

PreviousChapters Next
Hoedown - Dianwei32

Written by: Dianwei32

Rarity stood in the corner of the barn, a mostly full mug of cider clutched in a hoof. Normally, she would prefer a nice glass of wine, but cider was the only drink available at this particular... soirée. She wrinkled her nose, it felt wrong to use that word to describe this event, but she couldn’t bring herself to use the barbaric term everypony else seemed so keen on using.

A hoedown.

She took a sip of cider to wash the taste of that word from her mouth, then looked back out to the ‘dance floor.’ Her friends all seemed to be enjoying themselves, even Fluttershy was awkwardly shuffling her hooves near the edge of the floor. Though, she did seem to be closer to the wall than anypony else that was dancing.

Rarity couldn’t blame her. Along with their friends, a number of Applejack’s closest relatives—geographically close, anyway, since not even Twilight could untangle the twisted mass of limbs that was the Apple family tree—had come to town for the... party. Fluttershy was nervous enough around ponies she knew well, and nearly catatonic around ones she didn’t.

Rarity took another drink, longer this time, and had to take a small step back to avoid stumbling over something. Looking down between her legs, she searched for whatever had nearly tripped her, but found nothing under her hooves but hay. Shrugging, she went back to her full mug of cider and took a long pull from it. When she lowered it again, her eyes drifted back to Fluttershy, though, it took her a couple tries to lock on to her.

It wasn’t fair. Rarity tried so hard on her appearance, yet Fluttershy outshone her without even wanting to. Somehow, that adorable little pegasus could even make awkward shuffling look cute. Rarity dared not even think about their spa trips and the way Fluttershy looked after some time in the sauna; the way her wet mane fell down her neck and across her shoulders, and how her coat glistened with—

Rarity shook her head to dislodge the image, spilling a few precious drops of cider from her full mug. Locking her gaze back onto Fluttershy, she made a choice. Lifting her mug to her lips, she drained the whole thing in one motion, then dropped it onto a bale of hay. Swerving back and forth a bit, she marched across the barn and up to Fluttershy, who looked up and smiled, a few pieces of hay stuck in her mane.

“Oh, hello, Rar—” Fluttershy’s words were cut off as Rarity pressed their lips together in a kiss. Fluttershy panicked for a moment, then melted into it, parting her lips just slightly when she felt the other mare’s tongue probing at them. They stepped and stumbled back toward a darkened corner of the barn, never breaking the kiss.

Out on the dance floor, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie stared as the two mares disappeared into the shadows. Pinkie reached over and gently closed Dash’s hanging jaw, a huge grin on her face.

“Uh, Pinks?” Rainbow turned to face her fellow prankster, uncharacteristically unsure of herself. “I think we might have gone a little too far with refilling Rare’s drink while she wasn’t looking.”

PreviousChapters Next