• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 2,447 Views, 149 Comments

Flarity Group Collab - Jondor



100 - 500 word, prompt based mini-fics by the authors from the Flarity group here on FiMFiction. Because every shipping needs a prompt tag game.

  • ...
22
 149
 2,447

PreviousChapters Next
Confession - Karrakaz

Written by: Karrakaz

It’s going to be a perfect day. The sun is shining, the birds are starting their early morning song after several days of travel; all in all, it promises to be a lovely beginning to the spring season. And my marefriend is likely to murder me, or at the very least be very upset.

She is usually ever so sweet, taking care of her animals and even Opalescence when I don’t have time, as well as taking time out of her day to do a little modeling for me when I ask her. See, the problem is that she asked me for something special last week. Something she wanted me to make, just for her, a gift if you will.

I was already thinking about making her something for our one month anniversary, but I hadn’t gotten to the point where I actually knew what I could do for the occasion, or what she really wanted. A dress only goes so far after all.

I was supposed to meet her an hour ago, but I felt so nauseous and scared that I didn’t dare face her and watch her frown at me. Even now, while I’m standing in front of her door I’m still not quite sure I want to admit it, though I can’t bear the thought of not seeing her either.

My knocks on her door are light and barely audible. We’ve only been going out for a month and already I’m being influenced by her behaviour, though the fear might have something to do with it.

“C-come in.”

Oh dear, she sounds awful. My heart sinks as I push open the door, and find Fluttershy curled up on the rug in front of her fireplace. She’s been crying.

“Darling!” I rush to her and embrace her quickly, drying her tears on my coat. “What happened?”

“I—I...” She sniffs. “I thought you weren’t going to come.”

I cradle her head between my hooves and look at her for a moment. “My dearest Fluttershy, why would you ever think such a thing?”

She sniffs again and looks away from me, making my strain my ears to hear what she’s saying. “I thought you didn’t like me anymore. You’ve— you’ve been avoiding me all week.”

There it is, the elephant in the room. I wonder if she’ll ever forgive me for not telling her sooner, or if she’ll even forgive me at all. Taking a deep breath I place a kiss on her forehead. “Darling, I promise it was never my intention to make you think anything of the sort.”

She blinks and stares at me, conveying an entire angry rant with just her eyes. 'Why did you avoid me then?' They ask in her place.

I steel myself, taking a deep breath and letting out slowly, trying to build up the courage. “You see, darling, I—” Momentary falter, nothing to be worried about Rarity, just push past it. “I didn’t know how to tell you, but... No matter how good I am at dressmaking, I’ve never learned how to knit properly.”

She stares at me in disbelief. Not a strange reaction I suppose, I would have looked at myself funny after a statement like that. “You... you can’t knit?”

I shake my head. “I can knit, just... not very well. I don’t nearly have the proficiency to create something so challenging as what you’ve asked of me.” I swallow away the trepidation. “Can you forgive me?”

Rather than say anything she pushes against me, turning ceiling into floor as I land on my back with her standing over me. She leans down and gives me a fierce kiss that makes my head spin, leaving me panting as she pulls back with a smile. “Silly,” she says softly, “why didn’t you just tell me?”

I shamefacedly look away. “I... did not want to disappoint.”

She lets out a happy little Squee, a lovely sound as always, even if it confuses me a little. “This is great!”

“I’m not sure I understand, darling.”

“Oh.” She smiles at me and gives me another kiss, a short one this time. “I wanted there to be something I could teach you for the longest time, and now I can!”

“Knitting? But what about that gift you asked me for?”

My confusion must have been prominent on my face, as she gets off of me and glides towards the stairs. After a quick trip upstairs during which I’ve only just managed to pick myself up from the floor, she comes back with her gift to me: a perfectly knitted half of a heart, with jigsaw edges where my half was supposed to fit into. “Do you like it? Since I’m already done, I can help you with yours!”

PreviousChapters Next