• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 2,448 Views, 149 Comments

Flarity Group Collab - Jondor



100 - 500 word, prompt based mini-fics by the authors from the Flarity group here on FiMFiction. Because every shipping needs a prompt tag game.

  • ...
22
 149
 2,448

PreviousChapters Next
Impoverished - Jondor

Written by: Jondor

It had finally happened. A secret fear she always held, and it had come true. Rarity’s generosity had gotten the best of her.

All in all, it was probably for the best. If she had not been away from the shop, she might have died in the fire, or worse. Whomever had started it may have decided to kill her outright.

But, even penniless and destitute, she could not, in good conscience, go back to the orphanage and ask for even a dollar of her donation back.

Her hair hung limp and unkempt over her face as she walked down the street. She wore no jewelry, for fear of being mugged. What little she had left, she kept concealed, but it would be gone soon. Another trip to the pawn shop for some eating money would do in the last valuable things she had, apart from her clothes.

She held a hand to her stomach in response to its growling. There could be no more delay. With her head down and eyes obscured, she did not see the young woman walking toward her until they collided. Finding her face buried between the two large, soft mounds covered by the girl’s turtleneck sweater, Rarity hastily moved to free herself.

“Forgive me! I should have been watching where I was going!” She cried out, suddenly terrified that this would be her end.

“Oh, my. I’m sorry. Are you alright?” The young woman’s soft voice spoke simultaneous with Rarity’s.

Miraculously, Rarity heard and understood the barely audible words. The quiet, apologetic tone brought her up short.

“N.. no need to apologize. I’m the one who—” she broke off as her stomach churned again. “I should get out of your way.” She attempted to stand, but found her body was reluctant to respond after her exertion.

“Here, let me help you.” A soft hand reached down to help the bedraggled woman to her feet. “I was just about to get some lunch. Would you like to join me? My treat.”

Tears welled up in Rarity’s eyes. From that moment on, kindness was her salvation.

PreviousChapters Next