• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 2,447 Views, 149 Comments

Flarity Group Collab - Jondor



100 - 500 word, prompt based mini-fics by the authors from the Flarity group here on FiMFiction. Because every shipping needs a prompt tag game.

  • ...
22
 149
 2,447

PreviousChapters Next
Homage - Dianwei32

Written by: Dianwei32

“She’s here, Lady Rarity.”

I look down at the bowing guard, a satisfied smile tugging at my lips. He’s only been a guard for a week, but he seems like he’s been here for ages. I’ll have to remember to commend Captain Strict on his training.

“Thank you. Please, send her in.” I nod appreciatively as the guard snaps a salute and trots back toward the doors at the far end of the hall. I sit up straighter, making minute adjustments to my dress with my magic. A wry smirk dances across my lips for a brief moment. It’s taken nearly a month, but she’s finally here; The Northern Beauty. Rumor has it that she’s the most beautiful mare in Equestria, though I find that hard to believe with her being one of those barbaric pegasi.

The doors open again and a waterfall of pink mane slowly pokes through the opening, followed shortly by the rest of her. My mouth twitches up in a smug grin for an instant as I realize that I was right. While she certainly has the body type to potentially be... attractive, she hides it under a hideously misshapen dress, one that appears to homemade out of some roughly spun cotton. She keeps her head low as she approaches, causing her mane to cover her eyes and drag on the floor.

“Y-you, um, w-wanted to s-see me, my lady?”

My ear twitches. Once again, her voice possesses the potential to be melodious, angelic even, but it is wasted in stammering mumbles. Her eyes remain fixed on the floor, however.

“Indeed I did.” I stand, taking care not to disturb the flowing skirt of my dress. I carefully descend the steps, and she cowers at my approach. “You need not fear me, my dear. I merely wished to meet you after hearing so much about you.” I stop several paces from her, but she is practically flat against the ground. I smile warmly, even though I doubt she can see it. “Tell me, what is your name?”

“It’s Fluttershy.”

Her response is barely audible and trails off into a frightened squeak. I close the rest of the distance between us and notice my guards tense at how close I come to her. I wave off their concerns with a hoof, then reach down and gently lift Fluttershy’s chin. I can feel her flinch at the touch, but she doesn’t shy away.

“Please, stand. I promise that—” The rest of my thought scatters to the aether and my breath catches in my throat. She has the most breathtakingly beautiful eyes I have ever seen. They dart back and forth between my own, a trace of worry growing in them while I cannot help but stare. After a few moments, she speaks.

“M-my l-lady?”

That lovely voice finally snaps me from my trance. I smile and gently pull her up from the floor.

“My dear Fluttershy, how would you like to become my personal hoofmaiden?”

PreviousChapters Next