• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 2,447 Views, 149 Comments

Flarity Group Collab - Jondor



100 - 500 word, prompt based mini-fics by the authors from the Flarity group here on FiMFiction. Because every shipping needs a prompt tag game.

  • ...
22
 149
 2,447

PreviousChapters Next
Mother - The Princess Rarity

It was only traditional. After all, since Fluttershy had met Rarity's parents, it was only fair for Rarity to do the same for her marefriend. She just ... didn't realize how nervous she would actually be.

Would they approve of her?

More importantly, would they approve of fillyfoolers?

'Stay calm, Rarity.' the dressmaker told herself. 'It's just a simple visit. You can warm up to them with your charm, grace, elegance and wit. They'll adore you.'

"I had always assumed your parents lived in Cloudsdale," she piped up, attempting to make small talk and break the awkward silence between her and Fluttershy as they rode the taxi carriage to the end of Ponyville.

"Oh-no, not really," the shy pegasus murmured. "I only lived there for a little while, because it's a city mostly for pegasus."

Rarity gave a small nod, and considered a new topic to keep the conversation going, only before the carriage came to a quick, sudden - and almost frightening - halt.

"We're here." Fluttershy said simply.

And if Rarity knew her well enough, which she did, she could've sworn she caught the smallest twinge of disappointment, or rather even fear, in her marefriend's tone of voice.

Peering outside the carriage window, the fashionista was not surprised at the fact that the home was quaint and simple... even if the garden and front walk looked as if a bomb had hit it. Nonetheless, though, the small little house looked presentable enough.

And then, as soon as they exited the carriage, a light orange blur zipped over, nearly toppling Fluttershy over and crushing her in a tight embrace. That blur eventually was noticed as a mare - a pegasus, with a tangerine coat, a curly, frizzy mane and tail of the same color, but a lighter shade, and bright green eyes, with a small bouquet of wildflowers as her cutie mark.

"Fluttershy, hon, it's good to see you!" the mare laughed, not bothering to take note of the shy pegasi's protests that she needed to breath. "Missed ya!" She took note of Rarity, who was awkwardly standing alone, but managed a nervous smile. "Ey... who're you?"

Clearing her throat, the unicorn held out a hoof and attempted to turn her anxiousness into confidence.

"My name is Rarity," she announced. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance."

The mare raised an eyebrow, only before her expression brightened up and she shook Rarity's hoof, finally letting her grip up on Fluttershy - who was now gasping for air due to the bone-crushing hug.

"Nice to meet ya!" the mare replied. "You're the pony who stole my little filly's heart, huh?" She let out a chuckle and grinned, almost mischievously. "The name's Wild Flower, but just Wild is fine."

"The name suits you well," Rarity noted, unaware she actually said it out loud. "You're Fluttershy's mother, I presume?"

Wild Flower smirked and wrapped a foreleg around Fluttershy, giving the shy pegasus a violent tousle of her mane.

"Sure am!" she declared. "This little rascal's been mine since Day One." She let out a scoff and rolled her eyes playfully. "Oh, where are my manners? Lemme take you two inside - this ain't no way to introduce one another."

And so, she led Rarity and Fluttershy towards the homey little house - which had a decent appearance, but once the door swung open...

The living room alone looked as if it had just been attacked by a tornado. It wasn't just the design that made Rarity want to gag, but everything about it just seemed horribly out of place, and the carpet was barely noticeable underneath all of the junk scattered across the floor.

"Sorry for the mess," Wild Flower said nonchalantly, as if it were no big deal. "Hey, you want a beer?"

The sudden statement took Rarity by surprise and she shook her head, while Fluttershy simply hid behind her mane, like she always did in situations like this - when she was confronted with such boldness.

'I'm starting to think she was adopted,' the unicorn said to herself. 'There is no way that this pony is her flesh and blood.'

"Suit yourself," Wild Flower shrugged as she flopped herself onto the grimy-looking couch. "Now, what's the deal with you two?"

Fluttershy hesitated and bit her lip, managing to find words, despite her cowardice. "Well, Rarity and I were close friends for quite sometime," she murmured. "and eventually... things happened." She cleared her throat and tried to speak up, but her tone of voice rose from the volume of a mouse's sneeze to a simple tinkling of a wind chime. "We've been marefriends for about six months now."

"And we couldn't be happier." Rarity declared, with a smile, only before her expression fell and she hesitated in the slightest. "I don't mean to be rude or go off-topic here, but ... what's the situation with your father, Fluttershy?"

'Perhaps she took after him,' the dressmaker thought, as she noticed Wild Flower suddenly grab a beer can off of the coffee table and begin to chug it down like she was in a drinking competition. 'She had to have... right?'

However, the shy pegasus could barely have a moment to even open her mouth and take a consideration to reply, before her mother let out a snort and replied for her.

"Lousy deadbeat coward," Wild Flower muttered. "He flew the coop before she was even born!"

"Oh, my." the dressmaker murmured. "I'm... terribly sorry, I didn't mean to pry. I assumed he didn't approve of, well," she glanced to her marefriend and met her gaze. "us."

Fluttershy shook her head and managed a small smile as she nuzzled Rarity softly, temporarily unaware that her mother was right there - watching them, although the brash pegasus definitely made sure that her presence did not go unnoticed.

"Now aren't the two of you the cutest little lovebirds I ever saw!" Wild Flower chirped, as she released a chuckle. "You know what? I'm gonna see if I can find my camera and get a picture of you two! And while I'm at it, I'll dig up some old photo albums."

She gave a wink to Rarity and smirked.

"If you think my little filly's cute and precious now, wait until you see her baby pictures!"

Author's Note:

From the author: (Fluttershy's mom is named after and based off of this random pony I found. Just imagine her with wings. Also, crazy mommas are best mommas.)

PreviousChapters Next