• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 2,447 Views, 149 Comments

Flarity Group Collab - Jondor



100 - 500 word, prompt based mini-fics by the authors from the Flarity group here on FiMFiction. Because every shipping needs a prompt tag game.

  • ...
22
 149
 2,447

PreviousChapters Next
Chaperone - FierceRainbow

Written by: FierceRainbow

Rarity had never been fond of the colour green. It looked positively horrible on her, turning a once beauty queen into a common pony with a bad fashion sense. Fluttershy, on the other hoof, was an entirely different matter.

The rich, dark shade of green hugged her slender body closely, curling round her front legs, her back legs half covered by the hem of her dress. Her yellow wings poking through the pair of holes fluttered nervously, shifting her head around the collar that stuck up around her neck.

“Um, Rarity,” her friend’s soft, angelic voice reached Rarity’s ear. On instinct, she smiled indulgently at her, quietly waiting for her to continue. She gave a tiny squeak. “I- I don’t know about this. I’m not a… I don’t like… I’ve never been to a p-party like this before.”

“Nonsense, darling, you’ll love,” Rarity beamed, smoothing out a wrinkle in her own outfit. “It’s the perfect place to let loose after a hard day’s work.”

Fluttershy mumbled something inaudible at the floor. “What was that, sweetness?”

“O-okay,” she whispered, uncertainty shifting on her hooves.

Rarity frowned at the dull, frightened look in the gentle eyes that refused to meet her own gaze. “Fluttershy, what’s wrong?”

She murmured out a string of a sounds, pausing when she realized the confused look Rarity was giving her. “I- I said… I’m scared.”

Her ears swivelled as she struggled to identify what she was saying. “Did you say you’re scared?”

Fluttershy meekly nodded. “I think… I’m worried th-that some ponies might t-try and… and… do th-things to me.”

“You think some stallion is going to pull some tricks on you?” the small, affirmative nod twisted her gut inexplicably at the thought of poor, beautiful Fluttershy being pinned down by some roguish stallion hoping to try his luck out on the vulnerable mare. She set her teeth angrily, trying to let the possessive fury churning inside of her show. “Well, we can’t have that now, can we?” she strode forwards, taking the wonderfully smooth, creamy cheeks between her manicured hooves. “I swear, my sweet little dear, I shall not let anypony take advantage of you tonight.”

“R-really?” Fluttershy’s eyes shone with a fresh coat of moisture threatening to spill over. Yet again that feeling hit her hard.

“Yes,” Rarity smiled at the joy on her friend’s face. “Oh! I shall be your chaperone!”

Fluttershy giggled in her cute little way, wiping the slight dampness from her eyes with her sleeve. “Okay… chaperone.”

“Lead the way, sweetness.”

Rarity quietly watched as Fluttershy trotted out of the door into the clear night, her fabric-covered flanks swaying slightly as she trotted along, a small smile on her lips. She really was a good friend, helping her in such a way. Any stallion would want such a fine example of a mare. It wasn’t because Rarity wanted to keep Fluttershy to herself. Of course not.

PreviousChapters Next