• Published 7th Aug 2013
  • 2,447 Views, 149 Comments

Flarity Group Collab - Jondor



100 - 500 word, prompt based mini-fics by the authors from the Flarity group here on FiMFiction. Because every shipping needs a prompt tag game.

  • ...
22
 149
 2,447

PreviousChapters Next
Straight and Narrow - Dianwei32

Written by: Dianwei32

Fluttershy sat and watched Rarity talk. She couldn’t remember what the unicorn was going on about, but she didn’t mind. She was so enraptured in Rarity’s stunning beauty and the melodic silkyness of her voice that nothing else mattered. She let Rarity talk, nodding and making small affirmative noises when there was a break in the soothing words.

She felt something stirring within her, just as she always did when she spent time with Rarity. She wanted to hear that heavenly voice whisper sweet nothings in her ear and feel the soft press of those gorgeous lips against her own. But she smothered it, just as she always had with anything she truly wanted. All her life, Fluttershy had strove to do what was ‘right,’ staying on the straight and narrow path of what was ‘good’ at every turn.

She was sick of it. She was tired of sacrificing what her heart truly desired because it wasn’t what she was supposed to want.

“Fluttershy, darling? Are you alright?” Rarity reached across the table and laid a hoof on her friend’s, concern etched on her face. “You’ve been dreadfully quiet, and…” She pulled back, her concern melting away into misery. “You… you look like I’ve upset you. I… I’m sorry.” Her voice broke on the last word and she stood up, making for the front door of her friend’s tree-home. “I’ll just… go. And again, I’m sorry for… whatever it was that I did to upset you.”

“Wait!” Fluttershy stood from her seat and marched over to the unicorn. She barely slowed when she finally reached Rarity, leaning forward and capturing the other mare’s lips in a fierce kiss. Rarity stood frozen still for a second of shock, but then returned the kiss just as passionately. She kissed Fluttershy as if she’d been lost in the desert for days, and the pegasus’ lips were her first taste of water.

Fluttershy smiled into the kiss. In one swift, decisive moment, she’d thrown her quiet, safe, straight and narrow life behind her.

And she couldn’t have been happier.

PreviousChapters Next