• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 3,835 Views, 119 Comments

RariJack - The Compilation of Prompts - Titanium Dragon



A collection of short stories centered on Applejack and Rarity. Each story is based on a one-word prompt, and after the story is written, the writer leaves another one-word prompt for the next writer to use.

  • ...
22
 119
 3,835

PreviousChapters Next
77. Preference - by Magatsu Orpheus

Preference


Applejack didn't expect Rarity to return her feelings. Not in a million years. And there were two (very good, as far as she was concerned) reasons for this.

First off, Applejack was a farmer who wasn't ladylike or anything like that at all, got sweaty and dirty regularly as part of her job, and had no sense of grace or fashion or anything like that whatsoever.

Second... Applejack was quite decidedly a mare. And at that point, it had been made plain to see, on multiple occasions, that Rarity preferred stallions.

Applejack laid her head in her hooves as she sat in a bench in the park, convinced that the mare of her dreams could never be hers...

A year later...

Rarity rested her head against Applejack's chest, the blankets draped over them as they got ready to sleep.

The two had been dating for the better part of a year, and Applejack couldn't have been happier. But in the back of Applejack's mind a question still lingered...

"Hey, Rare..." Applejack said. "I just wanted to ask..." She hesitated for a moment before shaking her head. "Never mind. It's nothin' important."

Rarity grasped Applejack's chin with a hoof, tilting it downward so she could look into her eyes. "Sweetheart, you can tell me anything." She said, with the utmost sincerity in her voice. "Even if you don't think it's important."

Applejack gave a soft smile, blushing. "It's just... you prefer stallions. I know you do. So why did you...?"

"Ask you out?" Rarity finished. At Applejack's nod, she giggled and said "Well, let's just say that, for me, 'preference' is a bit more literal."

At the confusion evident in Applejack's face, Rarity rolled her eyes and smiled, whispering in Applejack's ear. "I'm bisexual, darling."

Applejack's eyes widened. "Ohh..... OH. That, uh, explains a lot." Applejack said. "I mean, besides why we're dating." Images filled her mind of behavior that suddenly made a lot more sense considering Rarity... played for both teams, so to speak.

Rarity gave Applejack a kiss on the cheek, and nuzzled up next to her. "Honestly, I'm surprised you waited this long to ask."

Applejack gave a bit of an embarrassed chuckle and laid a kiss on Rarity's forehead, before the two drifted off to sleep.


Next prompt: Beautiful

PreviousChapters Next