• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 3,849 Views, 119 Comments

RariJack - The Compilation of Prompts - Titanium Dragon



A collection of short stories centered on Applejack and Rarity. Each story is based on a one-word prompt, and after the story is written, the writer leaves another one-word prompt for the next writer to use.

  • ...
22
 119
 3,849

PreviousChapters Next
5. Bust-It - by BronyLance57

Bust-It


“Oh bust it!” A voice shouted. Upon hearing a pony in distress, Rarity galloped over to see if she could help. The sound came from Sweet Apple Acres if her ears served her properly.

“What’s wrong darli-Applejack?” Rarity said. Looking back it did make sense, seeing as the sound came from Sweet Apple Acres.

“Hey Rarity. I can’t seem to fix this busted water shute. Ah was just about to give up, but seeing as you’re here could you give me a hand?” Applejack asked.

“Well of course darling, just one question.” Rarity replied.

“Shoot.” Applejack said.

“What does the term Bust-It mean?” Rarity asked.

“What do you mean?” Applejack asked.

“I’ve never heard it before, and was simply wondering what it meant.” Rarity replied.

“Well the way I use it it basically means screw it, I’m done with this bullshit.” Applejack said. “I just don’t wanna be swearing now that Applebloom’s old enough to understand it.”

“I see.” Rarity said, snickering.

“What’s with the snickering Rarity?” Applejack asked.

“I just find bust-it to be a humorous choice of words.” Rarity said.

“Well what’s wrong with it?!” Applejack asked.

“Why nothing darling, I just think that there are other ways to avoid swearing than to come up with rather humorous expressions.” Rarity replied.

“Ah think there’s something else goin’ on! Maybe you just don’t like the way I talk cause it’s not all fancy and proper!” Applejack shouted.

“Well if you’re going to shout there’s no need for false accusations!” Rarity shouted.

Applebloom was walking peacefully through the west orchard when all of a sudden, she heard shouting.

“What in tarnation is going on” She asked herself. She walked over to where she heard the shouting. The barn? She thought. She hid in the bushes to get a better view. It seemed that Applejack was arguing with Rarity. Again. Applebloom thought. She was too far away to hear most of it, but she could tell it was another heated argument. As the shouting got louder, Applebloom could see a hint of discomfort in her sister’s face. She tried to get closer to hear what they were saying, but the shouting stopped. Applebloom moved even closer, and was finally able to hear what they were saying.

“What’s wrong darling, you look uncomfortable.” Rarity said.

“It’s nothin, don’t worry about it.” Applejack replied, blushing.

“No it’s clearly something Applejack, you’re a terrible liar.” Rarity said.

“It’s just I... I mean it’s... Ah bust it.” Applejack said.

“Bust wha-” Rarity’s sentence got cut off when Applejack pulled her in for a kiss.

Oh mah gosh. Applebloom thought. “Ah gotta tell the crusaders!” She shouted, running off to ponyville, leaving two very stunned ponies staring shocked in Applebloom’s direction.

“What just happened? Rarity said.

“Heck if I know” Applejack replied.

“Do you think she’s really going to tell the crusaders?” Rarity asked.

“Bust it.” Applejack replied, pulling Rarity in for another kiss.


Next Prompt: Sugarcube

PreviousChapters Next