• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 3,835 Views, 119 Comments

RariJack - The Compilation of Prompts - Titanium Dragon



A collection of short stories centered on Applejack and Rarity. Each story is based on a one-word prompt, and after the story is written, the writer leaves another one-word prompt for the next writer to use.

  • ...
22
 119
 3,835

PreviousChapters Next
27. Bagel - by Twilight-The-Pony

Bagel.


“It was the night before Hearts Warming,
below crisp winter skies,
everypony was sleeping
except two lovely mar—”

“Your Lord and Master requires bagels!” squealed a certain squirrel. “And you’re supposed to take me seriously!”

Rarity coughed, looking darkly at the annoying guest.

“Bagelsssssss. And cream cheeeeseeee.”

“It was the night before—”

“Hey! Bagels! Now!” the squirrel demanded. “And cream cheese!”

Rarity snorted. “Can you please be quiet, Flurby? I’m trying to enjoy some time with my marefriend.”

“Foamy!”

“Yes, yes. If I make you a bagel, will you go away?”

“With cream cheese.”

Rarity blinked. “What’s ‘cream cheese’?”

“What kind of world is this? No cream cheese!” Foamy shot his hands into the air and fumed out of the door. “Seriously! No cream cheese! That’s it! There’s no point of taking over this universe if there is no cream cheese!”

“What a strange creature,” Rarity murmured, turning to her marefriend and gave her a soft nuzzle. “Trying to take over the universe. Seriously.”

“I don’t know, Sugarcube. Maybe that wouldn’t be such a bad idea,” Applejack tapped her hoof on her chin. “I wouldn’t mind that.”
“Really?” Rarity asked with untainted sweetness in her voice. “Why would you want to do that?”

“Sweet, delicious and crunchy apple pies, of course. With some cream on top. There is never enough of those.”

“Aw,” Rarity sounded disappointed. “No jewels?”

“Nah. ‘Sides. The only jewel I’d like is already between my hooves,” Applejack mused. “I’d even give up on the apple pies for that.”
“Would you really?”

“Hm. How much time do I have to think about— oof!” A soft pillow, wrapped in the glow of Rarity’s magic collided with Applejack’s muzzle, leaving both mares laughing just a moment later.

Applejack tightened her hug around still chuckling mare, losing herself in the hypnotic crackles of the warming fires. “Rarity?”
“Hm?”

“Ah have something for you.” Applejack produced a small package from behind her and hand it to the unicorn. “Happy hearts warming Rarity,” she breathed nervously.

As Rarity was unwrapping her present, Applejack watched in dead silence, releasing her embrace just a little bit. It took just few more seconds for a surprise gasp to sound from the mare in Applejack’s grasp.

“Applejack, are you—”

“Rarity, would you like to marry me?”

“I-” Rarity turned her head, her lips crashing into the ones of the earth pony. “Yes,” she finally breathed as their lips broke apart.

~*~*~

It was the night before Hearts Warming,
below crisp winter skies,
everypony was sleeping
except two lovely mares.

Foamy grinned. “Well, my work here is done. And I know why they won’t be sleeping. And I can’t believe there’s no cream cheese! That’s it! I’m gone!”


Next prompt: Breakfast.

PreviousChapters Next