• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 3,829 Views, 119 Comments

RariJack - The Compilation of Prompts - Titanium Dragon



A collection of short stories centered on Applejack and Rarity. Each story is based on a one-word prompt, and after the story is written, the writer leaves another one-word prompt for the next writer to use.

  • ...
22
 119
 3,829

PreviousChapters Next
15. Glass - by Grimmred

Glass.


Rarity was a poor seamstress who could barely make a living. Her profession was an oxymoron in and of itself. She made clothes for ponies, but ponies never wore clothes. She was destitute, living alone with her unfashionable parents and a sister who could burn a glass of orange juice!

One day a lovely purple unicorn came to the poor village where Rarity lived. She was of noble birth and saw the beautiful, stunning, intelligent, fashionable, hard working, generous- Oh, sorry- She saw the poor mare working hard and gave her the chance she deserved. With one shiny new ticket to the Grand Galloping Gala Rarity went to work pouring her soul, and her life savings, into the most beautiful gown anypony had ever seen.

The whole Gala went silent as Rarity entered the room. All eyes where on her as she descended the stairs with poise, gently greeting the noble ponies. As she walked the crowd parted for her making a clear path to the noble mare Applejack. With no greetings they danced and the room faded away. It was just them on the ballroom floor.

It all ended too quickly as the bell struck midnight and rarity had to leave, galloping away back to being a nopony seamstress. Applejack, being the caring and gentle mare she was, gave chase but was soon left with just a glass horseshoe.

"Okay Sugarcube, I just cant take it any more! I know we agreed to try some role playing but, really?" Applejack said holding a glass horse shoe. At fist she was uncomfortable with the overly dramatic costume but she figured they would be taking them off soon enough. As the scene went on, and on, and on, she started to loose the mood, then her interest.

"Oh, but Darling we haven't even gotten to the part where you put the horseshoe back on my hoof" Rarity said flopping her hoof back and forth "That's the most romantic part!"

"It just don't make no sense! How can you live alone with your family? And who in their right mind would wear a horseshoe made of glass? You'd cut your hooves up something bad. And another thing, why am I-" Rarity stopped Applejacks tirade with a deep and passionate kiss.

"How about we try yours next time?" Rarity said in a throaty whisper, batting her eyelashes seductively.


Next prompt: Carrots.

PreviousChapters Next