• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 3,811 Views, 119 Comments

RariJack - The Compilation of Prompts - Titanium Dragon



A collection of short stories centered on Applejack and Rarity. Each story is based on a one-word prompt, and after the story is written, the writer leaves another one-word prompt for the next writer to use.

  • ...
22
 119
 3,811

PreviousChapters Next
6. Sugarcube - by Jokie155

Sugarcube.


Rarity’s kitchen. At the table, Rarity, and one pony by the name of Applejack. The former holds a white mug in one hoof, filled two thirds of the way with a mixture known as ‘coffee’. The latter stares at a similar mug, not filled with coffee.

“I dunno. I’ve always avoided caffeine on account of gettin’ dizzy when apple bucking.” Rarity looks at Applejack. She is not impressed.

“I think you’ll find that this tea is quite relaxing.”

“Well, if you say so.” Blue magic takes a nearby teapot. The empty mug is filled with tea. Applejack peers down at the now filled mug. Rarity continues to look unimpressed.

“The purpose of ‘hot drinks’ are to drink them while they are hot.”

“Are you sure? Isn’t that gonna scald my insides if I just down it?”

“Applejack. You do not ‘down’ tea, you sip it gracefully.” Applejack continues to stare at the mug. She is confused.

“Fine, can I at least add sugar?” Rarity bats her hoof.

Applejack picks up a sugarcube. She drops it in the mug of tea. “One sugarcube.” She chuckles to herself. “Heh, sugarcube.”

She picks up another. “Two sugarcube.” And another. “Three sugarcube...”

“Applejack! Are you two or something? Must you count out every single sugarcube darling?” Applejack chuckles again.

“Sugarcube and darlin’. Pretty cute couple, ain’t we.” Rarity places her mug on the table in haste. She is embarrassed.

“Applejack, since when have we been a ‘couple’?”

“Since when I said so. And do you mind using those fancy air-quotes around every single word you don’t like of mine?”

Rarity resumes drinking her coffee. She mutters under her breath.

“I don’t recall agreeing to anything involving a relationship. And doesn’t having a marefriend require that both parties consent?”

Applejack reaches her hoof across. It takes hold of Rarity’s. “There’s nothing about being a marefriend that requires a lifetime commitment.”

Rarity removes her hoof from the hold. “Applejack. I outright refuse to enter into any sort of romantic relationship with you on a whim. For that matter, I may just refuse to enter a relationship with you at all!”

Applejack takes a sugarcube. She places it on Rarity’s nose. “We’ll see how long you can dodge the love train. Fact of the matter is, I got you blushing from that lil’ proposal already.”

Rarity examines her face. It is a bright pink. “For goodness sake, it’s just a little flushing from the coffee! Don’t try and pull anything from that.”

There is a shuffle. Applejack slides her mug to the side. She leans in, and holds Rarity’s face close.

“Sugarcube, don’t lie to me. I know there’s some smug part of you that just wants me.” Applejack extends her tongue. It catches the sugarcube, returning it to her mouth. “Or you can just sit there and be a wet towel while I do mah best at flirting. Your choice.”


Next prompt: Rope

PreviousChapters Next