• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 3,826 Views, 119 Comments

RariJack - The Compilation of Prompts - Titanium Dragon



A collection of short stories centered on Applejack and Rarity. Each story is based on a one-word prompt, and after the story is written, the writer leaves another one-word prompt for the next writer to use.

  • ...
22
 119
 3,826

PreviousChapters Next
7. Rope - by Drizzle Quill

Rope.


“Applejack, darling, I don’t understand why you need me to do this…”

“Just go with it, Rare. It’ll be over in a second, Ah promise you that…”

The elegant white unicorn fidgeted in place, every few seconds lifting up one of her hooves to avoid the mud she happened to be standing in. Blue eyes nervously watched as Applejack, who was roughly thirty feet away, gripped one end of a taut brown rope in her mouth and began to swing it around in the air; slowly it became a quickly whirling lasso.

Rarity realized what was going to happen a second too late – she shrieked as the rope landed around her neck, flicking a few violet curls out of place and tangling them in with the brown material. Applejack stopped, saw that she had hit her target, and let out a wild whoop of joy. “Perfect!”

“Perfect,” Rarity replied in a downcast grumble, shaking the rope off of her head and activating her magic to put her mane back into place.

But it was hard to stay angry for too long at Applejack, whose green eyes shone with radiance like twin emerald suns. “Did ya see that, Rare? Ya think that’ll be good enough for the rodeo next week?”

Despite her anger at being used for rodeo practice, Rarity smiled and nodded. “I think it shall be positively wonderful. Your aim is spot on.”

“Phew! Ah was worried there for a second, ya know,” the earth pony replied, wiping some moisture off of her brow in one quick sweep. “Thank goodness!”

A light blue aura enveloped the rope, laying it across Applejack’s back, causing her to tip her head in Rarity’s direction. The unicorn bit her lip, a question suddenly bubbling to the top of her head. “Um…Applejack, darling?”

AJ turned, an inquisitive look on her face.

“Why did you want me to come here for your rodeo practice? Why didn’t you just use some cow, or maybe somepony that doesn’t mind mud?” As if to prove a point, Rarity lifted her front hoof up high and shuddered as she watched said mud drip off slowly.

Applejack laughed; it was a nervous kind of laugh that told you that something deep was going on, and it intrigued Rarity. “Well…” She looked away, heat rising to her cheeks.

“Yes?” Rarity asked, tipping her head ever so slightly to the side.

“Well, Ah wanted to spend more time by you, Rare.”

“By me?” Now the heat was flooding to the unicorn’s cheeks, and as she had white fur, there was no way to hide it. “Why, Applejack, whatever do you mea—?”

Before she could finish, a quick twist of the rope and it was snared around Rarity’s neck, pulling her closer, closer, until her muzzle was less than an inch away from Applejack’s. She knew what was going to happen next, and yet she did nothing to stop it.

No, when Applejack kissed her, the only thing Rarity did was kiss her back.


Next prompt: Candy

PreviousChapters Next