• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 3,830 Views, 119 Comments

RariJack - The Compilation of Prompts - Titanium Dragon



A collection of short stories centered on Applejack and Rarity. Each story is based on a one-word prompt, and after the story is written, the writer leaves another one-word prompt for the next writer to use.

  • ...
22
 119
 3,830

PreviousChapters Next
57. Simple - by The Princess Rarity

Simple


Applejack awoke to the sound of worrisome mumbling and a few door slams. She winced when the early morning light of the twilight hours hit her eyes harshly, and she rubbed her temples in frustration. As she looked over her shoulder, she was perplexed to see her bedroom in ruins.

...well, technically, it wasn’t just her bedroom anymore…

“Rares? What in the hay are ya doin’?” Applejack said in between a yawn.

“What does it look like?” Rarity replied, with an desperate tone of voice. She went back to rummaging through the drawers of her dresser and kept muttering to herself.

“Ain’t it kinda early to be up?” Applejack retorted. The clock on the bedside table said a quarter after five; she was normally up around six. If she wasn’t so rudely awakened by a certain somepony, she would still be enjoying the bliss of sleep. “Especially for you?” Normally, Rarity refused to get out of bed before the eight o’ clock hour.

“I have business to attend to in Canterlot today, darling,” Rarity called back as she made her way into the bathroom. The sound of cabinets opening was heard again, followed by her exasperated groans. “But I will never get there if I can’t find what I’m looking for!”

“And, uh,” Applejack yawned again, and stretched. “What’s that exactly?”

“Take a guess,” Rarity deadpanned as she laid back down on the bed, defeated.

Applejack stared at her for a few moments, but eventually gave a shrug. “Aside from that mess o’ a mane ya got right now, I don’t see anything,” she muttered.

Rarity huffed. “I’ll get to brushing that later,” she said. “It’s the makeup I’m lacking. See?”

“Oh,” Applejack said softly.

“Oh,” Rarity mimicked, with a roll of her eyes. “Just look at me -- dull eyes, scrawny lashes, my complexion no longer shines and shimmers! I can’t go out looking like this!” Her expression fell when she noticed Applejack stifle a laugh. “And what’s so funny about that?” She seized up for a moment when she was kissed, and just as she started to melt into it, she pulled away. “Oh, no, no, not today, dear. I told you, I have work, we can’t-” She squeaked in surprise as another kiss was given to her. “Now what’s with the sudden affection?”

Applejack chuckled. “Rarity, I swear, ya really are too dang fussy,” she murmured. “Whatdya need the makeup for?”

Rarity sighed. “I told you,” she argued. “My eyes aren’t nearly as blue without the shadow, my lashes are lifeless and my complexion is-” She was given yet another quick kiss on the lips. “You know, it’s rude to interrupt.”

Applejack shook her head playfully. “Take ‘nother look in the mirror, hon,” she said. “Ya look jus’ fine without it.”

“You aren’t a very convincing liar, Applejack,” Rarity rebuked.

“C’mon, I’m serious,” Applejack declared. “It ain’t often I see ya this way. I like it better. Ya look…. I dunno, prettier, if’n that’s possible.”

“Flatterer,” Rarity teased.

“I’ve been called worse,” Applejack playfully shot back. She kissed Rarity one last time, and she smirked. “But… if ya really need that makeup case o’ yers, I think I saw the Crusaders take off with it last night.”

Rarity gave a small halfhearted smile. “I’ll look for it later,” she mused. “Besides, my train isn’t until nine-thirty. I can make time for the more important things.”

Applejack raised an eyebrow. “Oh, like what?”

Rarity softly laughed as she pinned her lover onto the bed. “Take a guess,” she repeated.


Next prompt: Puppies

PreviousChapters Next