• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 3,830 Views, 119 Comments

RariJack - The Compilation of Prompts - Titanium Dragon



A collection of short stories centered on Applejack and Rarity. Each story is based on a one-word prompt, and after the story is written, the writer leaves another one-word prompt for the next writer to use.

  • ...
22
 119
 3,830

PreviousChapters Next
56. Run - by Thak

Run


*Thud*

“Waaaaaaaaahhhh”

Rarity ran over to foal crying in the middle of the living room floor. The fluffy marshmallow sat in the middle of the green carpet, a bubble pulsating in her nostrils as she wailed.

“There, there it’s alright. Mommy’s here. Shhhh. No more crying.” She rocked the foal gently.

Eventually the wailing stopped, and the little foal was once again her happy self, her bright green eyes sparkling as she looked up at her mother.

Rarity gently set the little foal down, and turned back to her work. The satin skirt she had designed was almost complete; all it needed were a few more stitches to attach the lacework.

“Y’know, Sugarcube, she was perfectly fine. Ain’t no need to pick her up every time she falls. That kinda thing happens.”

Applejack turned the page in her book slowly. The orange earth pony sat in a rocking chair by the fireplace, occasionally glancing up to make sure the young foal was nowhere near the roaring blaze.

“Dear, I do not possibly understand how you can be so blasé about our daughter’s safety. She only learned to walk a few days ago, and the last thing we need is for her to get hurt trying to run.”

Indeed, the young filly was already standing on shaky hoofs. Rarity watched as at first the youngster slowly stumbled across the room, and slowly picked up speed until the inevitable stumble and collapse.

Rarity sighed at the hiccups; she rolled her eyes as the tears started to flow. She rose to the screaming cry of a thousand banshees.

“You could help you know. I do have this order I need to finish, and the crying is not helping.”

She walked over to screaming pile of fluff, and once again proceeded to coo and coddle the foal until the noise stopped. She gave her daughter a quick peck on the head, and turning back to her work, set the giggling child in the center of the green carpet.

“Alright, alright. C’mere you little rugrat. Let’s leave your momma alone so she can finish her work. We’ll see about rustlin’ up some grub.”

She scooped up the white ball of fur and carried her into the kitchen. Rarity watched them go with a smile on her face.


Next prompt: Simple

PreviousChapters Next