• Published 6th Aug 2013
  • 3,828 Views, 119 Comments

RariJack - The Compilation of Prompts - Titanium Dragon



A collection of short stories centered on Applejack and Rarity. Each story is based on a one-word prompt, and after the story is written, the writer leaves another one-word prompt for the next writer to use.

  • ...
22
 119
 3,828

PreviousChapters Next
17. Miracle - by Titanium Dragon

Miracle.


"Mom?"

"Yes darling?"

"Do I have a dad?"

Rarity sputtered, her eyes widening as she turned back to her daughter.

"Why do you ask dear?"

"Well, when I was at school today, the other fillies told me everypony has a dad. They said nopony has two moms."

"Did they?" the unicorn asked, her voice thick with sugar-sweet malice.

"I asked the teacher too. She said so. When I told her I had two moms, she told me I should ask you about my dad after school."

"Oh darling," Rarity said, leaning down to nuzzle at her foal's orange mane, speaking in a sickly sweet tone of voice.

"Everypony has a father except you. You're our little miracle. That's why we named you Fortune."

Fortune looked up at her mother skeptically. "Momma said that I was named after the apple."

Rarity giggled musically. "That too, dear." She bent down to give her daughter a hug. "Maybe tomorrow, your momma and I can go to school with you together and explain things to your class."

"Alright," the filly said, before turning and walking out of the kitchen, Rarity quietly grinding her teeth together before another pony joined her.

"So did she ask you too?"

Rarity looked over at her wife archly. "I take it I was not the first to field the question."

"Hay no. She asked me right when she came home from school."

"Applejack, language!"

The earth pony grinned. "I told her to talk to y'all about it."

Rarity rolled her eyes. "Whatever would I do without you?"

"Get real cold at night, I reckon." That dry remark earned the earth pony a shove in the shoulder from the unicorn.

"Applejack, you're incorrigible."

"I might be," the earth pony said, flicking her tail. "Still, it don't sit right with me. I always knew where I came from."

"And she does. She is your daughter as much as she is mine."

"I know that. I'm just worried she'll think we lied to her, like we're ashamed or somethin'."

"But darling, it's the truth. She is my daughter, and she is most certainly an Apple."

"Still, it ain't right. 'Sides, my brother ain't a very good liar."


Next prompt: Nothing.

PreviousChapters Next